Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

2261 - 2280 of 2315 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Like K9F mentioned it does shit all to protect yourself from splatters but I like the way it looks and I hope it'll stop too much dirt from clinging on the underside of the tank and the rearshock

My dash already shows 0 mileage sadly, I'm getting it replaced at the same time as my 8k km service so at least I've got a nice guesstimate of how far I've gone on it!
I would have thought mileage would be stored in the ecu and displayed on the dash...

·
Registered
215 Posts
my dealer said that wouldn't be the case, seems kinda illegal as well
Exactly, I'm pretty sure it is illegal.
My FTR was delivered to the dealer and was found to have a faulty display. I have a connection that borrowed me an extra display. We went to the dealer, they swapped it in, and I rode around for 400 miles while the official new display was shipped to the dealer. After we swapped parts, bam, zero miles on the new unit. If it was more miles than that I would have asked to get it corrected because I like to keep close tabs on my machines. I'm sure Indian must have a process for mileage correction. Perhaps they just forgot to do it with mine. I was hanging out in the garage talking to the mechanic while he swapped it, so perhaps he did just forget while distracted by conversation.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I have an appointment to get my display replaced also. I have just under 300 miles on my new RR so I am not worried about the discrepancy, but I will update when I check my mileage post-replacement.

·
Rider
993 Posts
There seems to have been quite a few dash failures of late to include delamination of the screen as well, when there was nothing before that I had heard about. Unusual perhaps or is this a new recent issue????

·
Registered
201 Posts
There seems to have been quite a few dash failures of late to include delamination of the screen as well, when there was nothing before that I had heard about. Unusual perhaps or is this a new recent issue????
There does seem to be a rash of them lately. My understanding is the screen protectors that got sent out were supposed to prevent UV Damage/Delamination.
I would think with all the capabilities of the Polaris Computer Wrench tool scanner thingy that they could somehow reprogram the correct mileage to a replacement dash.

·
Registered
665 Posts
Maybe it’s acting like a magnifying glass and frying internals...just a thought...🥴😎🇦🇺

·
Registered
168 Posts
Well after a year and a half I had to replace my Corbin plate re-locator. Swung my leg just a bit low broke the signal off.
Replacing it with a new Aeromach. Strang how the really nice steel mount is half the price of the plastic one, but truthfully there were not many choices when I bought the Corbin. any one who can fix plastic and might be interested let me know. Very happy, but NY plates are a strange size. They do not fit anything well, had to leave off the plate light again.

Attachments

·
Rider
854 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
Yeah, now that I've taken it off, every time I see one with it still on there, it looks like it got hit in the front with a shovel...

·
Registered
215 Posts
Differing opinion:
I prefer that it be left on. It goes well with the refined and sleek lines of the entire bike. Without it, I think it looks like you got in a front end collision and you're using a cheap replacement light while you have a factory one on order.

Well, it's not THAT bad looking, but you get my point.

·
Rider
1,089 Posts
2261 - 2280 of 2315 Posts