Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

2241 - 2260 of 2303 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Agree aesthetically it looks great but with the amount of shit thrown up from the back wheel and positioning of the rear shock absorber the actual functionality of it is 'not a lot' at best. Even with the rack fitted and it boarded without the possum scraper fitted the muck still is only diminished.

View attachment 612176
Thanks Mal another 100 Euro saved !

·
Rider
987 Posts
Thanks Mal another 100 Euro saved !
Don't get me wrong if you've money to burn and dependent on your perspective 100 Euros for the 'looks alone' may be worth the expenditure perhaps? I've personally spent money on worse. It depends on what makes you happy and the look you wish to achieve?

Reactions: Massimo

·
Registered
253 Posts
Installed the hugger myself and have plexiglass under the rack to stop the muck from coming up,now it all comes thru the gap between rear of seat and front of rack.This bike is not a "dry" ride!

·
Rider
1,082 Posts
Agree aesthetically it looks great but with the amount of shit thrown up from the back wheel and positioning of the rear shock absorber the actual functionality of it is 'not a lot' at best. Even with the rack fitted and it boarded without the possum scraper fitted the muck still is only diminished.

View attachment 612176
It's an excellent look, especially with the grab handles. I'll keep the varmint catcher, as they make for a great stew...

·
Bronze member
1,902 Posts
Never mind the bloody strange weather Ferraiolo1, I keep getting drawn back to the picture. You have the shiniest headers I think I have ever seen. They do look as cool as Polar Bear Poo. Great!!! All I can do is sincerely hope my dealership starts something up with Toce as he said he was exploring the option?
I know they are trying to reach other markets. To try and do better pricing. You can do cool things like this then

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Rider
1,082 Posts
I know they are trying to reach other markets. To try and do better pricing. You can do cool things like this then

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That was pretty cool.... nicely done.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Cleaning up an exposed CAT -

I fabricated this stubby to replace my stock exhaust. The problem is that the headers and the stubby look very clean, but the CAT looks terrible. I know that the headers can be cleaned up, but has anyone cleaned up the factory CAT? How?

·
Registered
255 Posts
I have the same issue. They don't discolor at the same rate. This was a ride right after I used red scotchbrite on everything. It was all very similar color right before the ride but once the headers heat back up and discolor again, the cat stays the flat metal color while the headers yellow. The exhaust tip doesn't discolor at all, just gets dirty.

·
Rider
1,082 Posts
I think we're stuck with an unsightly emissions unit, and should keep it for any number of reasons. Could it be powder coated in a color like matte black? The good thing is you don't need to look at it when you're riding, anyhow...

·
Registered
665 Posts
Well I just received the updated Revision B tune from Fuel Moto...chucked it in and started it up...ran up to operating temp quite readily...marked improvement in cold idle at this stage...haven’t ridden it yet but stay tuned...ride report will follow as soon as I can get back out on it...👍😎🇦🇺
http://instagr.am/p/CHb2V07liSH/

·
Rider
1,082 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Wooow looks great ! Ordered in the UK Kips ? Less mud on the fuel tank ?
Like K9F mentioned it does shit all to protect yourself from splatters but I like the way it looks and I hope it'll stop too much dirt from clinging on the underside of the tank and the rearshock
My dash was replaced at about 400 mi. It erased the odometer. Let me know if you are odometer resets on the new dash. How many miles do you have on currently? You should note that down so you remember in case the new dash does not carry over miles.
My dash already shows 0 mileage sadly, I'm getting it replaced at the same time as my 8k km service so at least I've got a nice guesstimate of how far I've gone on it!

2241 - 2260 of 2303 Posts