Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

4821 - 4840 of 4867 Posts

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
There is no different in exhaust note or how loud it is. Yes, you can definitely hear the air-intake pulling in the air. That is indeed loud and noticeable.
Thank you for that information. I was considering going with the oval one just for that reason.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
417 Posts
Difficulty level on that install?
The whole process was a breeze . . . Removing the plastic bezel, headlight, and the mounting plate behind the headlight was quite simple. Disconnecting the existing turn signal connectors was typical. Pulling and routing the new wire harnesses was easy. Take care not to damage the new wire insulation when pulling them through. Took me about 15 minutes with a dremel to grind down and paint a very small section of the OEM turn signal stem, as others have mentioned.

The only issue that I ran into was unscrewing one of the OEM turn signal housings from its stem. Once I had the turn signal housing and its stem assembly remove, I had to wrap the turn signal housing with a towel and put it into a vise to remove the threaded fastener from the stem. Apparently, someone applied more blue thread locker than was necessary. The OEM stem assemblies are reused with the 2 new turn signal housings.

Aside from the small of grinding, it was an easy mod. Oh, I did remove the seat to disconnect the negative battery terminal.

·
Registered
583 Posts
Thanks. I was waiting patiently for the Indian OEM driving lights and mounts to be released as the pricing didn't seem THAT bad. But it's going on a year now and I still can't find them anywhere. Might have to look in to this setup.

The whole process was a breeze . . .<SNIP>

·
Premium Member
2019 Chieftain Base++++
478 Posts
@Erratikmind thanks for your description. The one part about this mod that I could not figure out (just by looking anyway) was that the stem and the light assembly are separate parts. When I looked at the CD website I saw that you only get the light assembly, so I was a bit confused by that. This brings me 1 step closer to doing this.

·
Premium Member
417 Posts
Thanks. I was waiting patiently for the Indian OEM driving lights and mounts to be released as the pricing didn't seem THAT bad. But it's going on a year now and I still can't find them anywhere. Might have to look in to this setup.
I have been waiting for the same, as well. Having installed these new CD lights, I think will be passing on the driving lights.

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
I watched this plug changing video some time ago and told my wife, why the hell do I pay a dealer to do this? I mean, I used to work on 3000GTs so I decided to install a pair of iridium's this morning. I had one small oh shit moment with the lead cylinder but then quickly realized the tank is rubber mounted so a slight push up gave me plenty of room to insert the socket & extension. Took all of 15 minutes only because it was the 1st time. Easy installation.

After that I went for a couple hour ride to test out the Garmin XT I purchased in the touratech mount. Both products are great! I can't say enough good things about the XT. The visibility in direct sunlight is simply awesome. I love the wifi and the ease of creating custom routes while on the couch :) The touratech mount is top notch. I secured that with the garmin locking knob and a security cable.

View attachment 633650 View attachment 633651 View attachment 633652 View attachment 633653 View attachment 633654 View attachment 633655 View attachment 633656
I dreamed of having a GPS built into my bike because I didn’t like hanging it on the handlebars. I did that for many years. Now that I have it built in I miss my Garmin. I have a 2019 Chieftain and miss being able to route to POIs at my destination without knowing the address.

Your pre-Ride Command bike has a much better GPS and music integration than even the Indian 2021 models.

What do you use the right handlebar mount for?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
218 Posts
Had stage 2 installed. I also had to get .y already recalled gear position sensor replaced. It was outside of 6 months, so the called indian and a good will replacement was authorized. All around great service at Bell County Motorworks today!

Sent from my SM-G998U1 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
417 Posts
Yesterday evening, I installed the JES wind deflectors on my 2020 CDH. This morning, I rode some 150 miles on the desert highways.
Had to ride up to the mountain canyons, as well. It was a beautiful Vegas morning.

The JES wind deflectors eliminated the small amount of remaining helmet buffeting, which the Klock Werks windshield did not.

Now, I am riding in a completely calm pocket of air!

·
Silver member
5,480 Posts
I ordered the Rinehart 4" Slip-On Mufflers with the Castle End Caps. I wanted the slotted or merge end caps but those were out of stock from where I ordered them.
Can't wait for it to arrive; expected delivery next week so I'm pretty excited to get them on; I just hope the Castle end caps look good once installed.

·
Rider
749 Posts
Didn't do anything mechanical to her but did enjoy an (almost) 90 degree day, 400 mile ride up in the Adirondack mountains. Incredibly, with the warm weather and the lowers fully open, I was getting 48 mpg with the cruise set on 65. Just love the feel of the bike pulling up the steep inclines and the deep rumb'ling on level road.
Sportys.jpg Horses.jpg

·
Premium Member
417 Posts
Saddlebag guards today!! Sure wish i woulda had em when i dropped it last year!! Lol
View attachment 635476
My rear guards have paid for themselves a few times over. I have dropped my bike twice during my slow speed exercise sessions. The front and rear guards afford me the confidence to continue developing my slow speed maneuvers.

·
Registered
2020 Chieftain Darkhorse
94 Posts
I ordered the Rinehart 4" Slip-On Mufflers with the Castle End Caps. I wanted the slotted or merge end caps but those were out of stock from where I ordered them.
Can't wait for it to arrive; expected delivery next week so I'm pretty excited to get them on; I just hope the Castle end caps look good once installed.
I'm waiting on rinehart stuff as well! Headers and exhaust along with ac and stage 2 cams
So freaking excited

4821 - 4840 of 4867 Posts