Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

4801 - 4820 of 4867 Posts

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
Today, I had the local Indian shop install the high flow air cleaner with the accompanying tune. I like the clean look, which matches the overall look of my Chieftan DH.

It felt a lot better with respect to the throttle response, while riding home. View attachment 631311 View attachment 631312
Did you keep the slip ons stock? I was considering changing out the air filter but leaving the slip-ons stock because I really don’t need it any louder.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
182 Posts
I loaded it up along with my brother-in-laws Harleys for a long trip From Delaware to Colorado where it will stay for a few years to be used for our western road trips. I’ll have to get by with my Chief until I find another Chieftain I can’t live without.

·
Premium Member
417 Posts
Did you keep the slip ons stock? I was considering changing out the air filter but leaving the slip-ons stock because I really don’t need it any louder.

I installed 4” Rinehart slip-ons prior to having the Indian high flow AC and calibration done.

·
Registered
93 Posts

I have the high-flow air-intake installed and have left the stock slip ons.

·
Founding member / Distinguished
Indians. LOTS of Indians
3,910 Posts
She looks to already have some accessories, TAB exhaust, Klock Werkz shield. KST bars, shorty backrest... anything else? Very nice !
You got me .... Stereo rear bag lids are on back order ... Came with the 116 .. I'm not going to mess with this one ... Only thing I need to do is send off that seat to allow me to move back an inch or two ... or ... replace it. But, I like the look of it

·
Registered
2021 CDH
107 Posts
I loaded it up along with my brother-in-laws Harleys for a long trip From Delaware to Colorado where it will stay for a few years to be used for our western road trips. I’ll have to get by with my Chief until I find another Chieftain I can’t live without. View attachment 631737
The plastic protection seems like a great idea. What is it?

·
Rider
749 Posts
I watched this plug changing video some time ago and told my wife, why the hell do I pay a dealer to do this? I mean, I used to work on 3000GTs so I decided to install a pair of iridium's this morning. I had one small oh shit moment with the lead cylinder but then quickly realized the tank is rubber mounted so a slight push up gave me plenty of room to insert the socket & extension. Took all of 15 minutes only because it was the 1st time. Easy installation.

After that I went for a couple hour ride to test out the Garmin XT I purchased in the touratech mount. Both products are great! I can't say enough good things about the XT. The visibility in direct sunlight is simply awesome. I love the wifi and the ease of creating custom routes while on the couch :) The touratech mount is top notch. I secured that with the garmin locking knob and a security cable.

1.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg 4.jpg 5.jpg 6.jpg IMG_20210506_163424125_HDR.jpg

·
Premium Member
2018 Indian Chieftain (Tanto) Steel Gray
340 Posts
Okay guys I need help. I have a 2018 base Chieftain(ride command installed) . The color is steel grey color code 692. I bought a Indian tour pack from Indian. FYI the one on the Indian website has a satin finish and my bike is glossy. I spoke with Indian and that is what they have for that color code. Oh well I can live with it. The tour pack speakers come with their own amp. The recommended cable for my bike doesn't have a plug for the supplied amp. So I tried the cable for bikes without ride command and had no luck. Any recommendations? Also all power options on the tour pack are functional. Indian part number #2880958 is the speakers.

4801 - 4820 of 4867 Posts