Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

4761 - 4780 of 4799 Posts

·
Registered
2021 CDH
83 Posts
@smordue can you post a pic of your the bag lights non-illuminated? Love how they look with the black out license plate.

Audette cam cover with blacked out fasteners installed today
View attachment 628665
I'm definitely getting that cam cover, will go nice with the VooDoo "windowed" Air cleaner on the other side :) I wonder if I can get an LED into it?

On the lights, the bag lights are red, and the blackout light is smoked, so I don't like how it looks when they are off. Blackout is making me a red lens to replace the smoked one, which I am eager to get.

·
Registered
2019 Indian Chieftain Darkhorse
221 Posts
I'm definitely getting that cam cover, will go nice with the VooDoo "windowed" Air cleaner on the other side :) I wonder if I can get an LED into it?

On the lights, the bag lights are red, and the blackout light is smoked, so I don't like how it looks when they are off. Blackout is making me a red lens to replace the smoked one, which I am eager to get.
As far as the LED, who knows, but message Tony, he’s a stand up guy and should be able to answer any questions about his product.

your bike is so dark I naturally assumed they were the smoked/tinted version.

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
I live in Southern California and I just returned from Russell Day Long, making use of their ride in service.

I have to say the seat feels as good as it looks.

After about four test fittings and mods it feels fantastic.

I had them recover the trunk backrest as well.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
554 Posts
Can you hear the lifter noise at acceleration with this setup? I've got the little filter hooked up to mine but it is laying on top of the A/C and every time I accelerate I hear what sounds like a jar full of marbles coming from the A/C area. Never heard that noise before with the stock Indian A/C.

I got the idea from a post by @CragB1960. His post has links for the filter and hose. The mounting bracket is my idea. Basically a piece of thin sheet metal with a .750 hole for the hose and a .250 hole for mounting. Plenty of room where the factory air cleaner was mounted to the frame. I’ll paint it later if I decide I like it this way. Zero issues so far and I rode a little over 50 miles yesterday wicking on the throttle pretty hard. No fumes or smell at all.

·
Registered
2021 CDH
83 Posts
Can you hear the lifter noise at acceleration with this setup? I've got the little filter hooked up to mine but it is laying on top of the A/C and every time I accelerate I hear what sounds like a jar full of marbles coming from the A/C area. Never heard that noise before with the stock Indian A/C.
Yeah, there is a lot more noise with the more "open" filter

·
Registered
554 Posts
Thanks for clarifying. Someone, somewhere on here stated that starting the bike and keeping the rev limit around 2k for 10 minutes would "seat" the lifters or something like that - said there was an Indian tech document on it. I tried that, the noise still persists. Glad to know it's not just me.

Apparently people that have that $600 Voodoo A/C don't have the "noise" issue. I guess that's why it costs $600 for that? lol

Yeah, there is a lot more noise with the more "open" filter

·
Premium Member
496 Posts
Got the Indian adaptive headlight. It’s much better than the OEM reflective LED set-up. Still waiting for the driving lights. Nonetheless, the new headlight will come in handy for my Grand Canyon/Sedona trip in another week. View attachment 629258 View attachment 629259 View attachment 629260
The lights are even brighter when the Halo ring works...it appears that you have the lighted headdress, look into an adapter to have them both work, will look even better. Nice bike btw

·
Registered
33 Posts
The lights are even brighter when the Halo ring works...it appears that you have the lighted headdress, look into an adapter to have them both work, will look even better. Nice bike btw
What is the silver knob on the bottom of your crank case cover? I saw one on a 2020 CDH I parked next to this morning too.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I put on the Voodoo Air Intake on a
2018 Chieftain Limited
This is well worth it. Everything they say and more really snappy throttle, . On my bike I now have a Indian tune with Indian cams, freedom performance headers and slip onsI
Going to put a PC on it, then this baby will be done.

4761 - 4780 of 4799 Posts