Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

4741 - 4760 of 4799 Posts

·
Registered
2021 CDH
83 Posts
Finally got around to installing the venom plenum today but not before a little massaging of the interior of the plenum and TB. What a difference ! The 116 really likes it ! Also relocated the crankcase breather up into the frame (thanks CraigB) relocated the air shock valve and ran the PV3 cable under the tank before installing onthe left side bar. Nice to have the extra information available... temp, volts, AFR etc...
"relocated the crankcase breather up into the frame" what exactly did you do here? Mine is spitting a little oil on to bike when I ride long distances. Did you stick a filter on it?

·
Registered
47 Posts
I got the idea from a post by @CragB1960. His post has links for the filter and hose. The mounting bracket is my idea. Basically a piece of thin sheet metal with a .750 hole for the hose and a .250 hole for mounting. Plenty of room where the factory air cleaner was mounted to the frame. I’ll paint it later if I decide I like it this way. Zero issues so far and I rode a little over 50 miles yesterday wicking on the throttle pretty hard. No fumes or smell at all.

Attachments

·
Registered
248 Posts
I made this the other day. Moved my battery tender plug and rear shock schrader adjustment valve out from under the side panel. I hated always pulling the side panel off to reach them. I think it turned out well and they are pretty inconspicuous when not using them.
I love that. If I send you a $20 bill would you make me one?

·
Registered
33 Posts
500 mile tune up on my CDH yesterday, picked up a sissybar pad while I was at the dealer too. I told myself that I wouldnt use Sport mode until after the tune up.
Wow is that a change! I honestly didn't like riding through the shopping center and city traffic near the dealer, the throttle was too responsive for stop/go traffic. But it sure was fun merging onto the interstate and cruising home!

·
Premium Member
262 Posts
Received and installed 1) IndianAfterMarket’s luggage rack and sissy bar. 2) OEM extended reach handle bars, powder coated black. 3) OEM heated grips.

All in time for my Vegas to San Diego ride to meet up with friends and family riding down from San Francisco, this coming Friday.

Still waiting for the driving lights and mounts to show up.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Received and installed 1) IndianAfterMarket’s luggage rack and sissy bar. 2) OEM extended reach handle bars, powder coated black. 3) OEM heated grips.

All in time for my Vegas to San Diego ride to meet up with friends and family riding down from San Francisco, this coming Friday.

Still waiting for the driving lights and mounts to show up.
I'm envious of those heated grips! It's been cold since I bought the bike and I spent several rides alternating hands against the cylinders to warm them lol. Heated grips will be added before the fall!

·
Premium Member
262 Posts
I'm envious of those heated grips! It's been cold since I bought the bike and I spent several rides alternating hands against the cylinders to warm them lol. Heated grips will be added before the fall!
I will still bring my heated gloves and cold weather riding gloves along, as a backup. I like being able to use my normal riding gloves and the dexterity that they afford.

·
Registered
33 Posts

Installed these rear Highway bars I got off of Amazon, made by Xjmoto.
As others have said, the bars didn’t line up perfectly and the hardware needed to be manipulated a bit, and a rubber mallet used, to get the bars to fully seat. Now that they’re installed, they look good.

·
Registered
2019 Indian Chieftain Darkhorse
221 Posts
How do you like the powerband speakers? thinking about getting those
Update from my previous response for your question. I’ve rode about 400 miles with the fairing speakers and can say they are a good investment. Sound/depth/clarity is excellent even at highway speeds. And that’s on top of all the noise from the zombies with no cat.

·
Registered
2019 CDH
110 Posts
View attachment 628011
Installed these rear Highway bars I got off of Amazon, made by Xjmoto.
As others have said, the bars didn’t line up perfectly and the hardware needed to be manipulated a bit, and a rubber mallet used, to get the bars to fully seat. Now that they’re installed, they look good.
I loosely installed all the hardware( two to three turns) before tightening them down. They went on pretty easy.

·
Rider
1,042 Posts
Monday on 2016 Chieftain, put lock washers over flat washers on Thunder Stroke exhaust, nuts kept wanting to loosen up on the Rinehart Slimline dual exhaust.

Sent from my SM-G970U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
80 Posts
So I love the heated/cooled seat I purchased. With the new trunk, the back rest on the trunk does not match the seat. Inquired on the cost for the matching seat back on the trunk..........., ...... 975!!!!?! I asked, is it also heated and cooled? Nope, just a new design. Wow! So, my entry to the thread today is what didn’t yo do to your Chieftain today!

·
Registered
2019 Indian Chieftain Darkhorse
221 Posts
So I love the heated/cooled seat I purchased. With the new trunk, the back rest on the trunk does not match the seat. Inquired on the cost for the matching seat back on the trunk..........., ...... 975!!!!?! I asked, is it also heated and cooled? Nope, just a new design. Wow! So, my entry to the thread today is what didn’t yo do to your Chieftain today!
That is absolutely insane!

·
Registered
2021 CDH
83 Posts
I have not been keeping up here, so a big update now.

Blackout industries tag/tail light, also painted Chrome on trunk black, and had armrest brackets powder-coated black

Replaced war bonnet with lit challenger one, and have the Darla spots mounted on forks, adaptive headlight

Voodoo AC, Kuryakyn Footboards, Midrise bars, not visible is the Dynojet Quickshifter

Heated Seat, Rinehart slimline headers and slipons with Hi-perf baffles (Yes, it's loud), Also Indian lower fairings, and little tank pouch (very handy)

I'm not thrilled with the Headers, they said they fit the new 116, but with the new head design, the heat guards come up short at the top, and the finish between headers and slipons is quite a bit different. Supposedly new header design, but clearance still low, not sure why the did not just utilize the stock crossover pipe which is flattened.

Also not visible in the daylight, 20 pc LED kit, looks like a Christmas tree at night :)

Attachments

·
Registered
18 Posts

Installed KST 6 inch bars on my Chieftain. One of the best mods you can do. The handling of the bike much improved. The look of the bike is awesome. The comfort on the highway with highway bars is almost like riding a Cadillac. Let me coin it: Indian Chieftain with KST bars, Kuryakyn highway pegs is a Cadillac of motorcycles.

4741 - 4760 of 4799 Posts