Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

4721 - 4740 of 4799 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
The short - chemical guys make great products, can’t go wrong. If still unsure, just ask your local dealer what they use to detail their showroom bikes.

The long - this subject is WIDELY covered in multiple threads here, just look around a bit. Me personally, I wash once a month with dawn dish soap and protect with F11. Squirt bottle with dawn mixture and microfiber towel in between rides.
I appreciate it. I did search for a while before posting! Perhaps I did not search for terms that would have lead me to the discussions.

·
Premium Member
156 Posts
I took my soft lowers to the local leather shop to have Velcro installed between the snaps. I bought them on here a couple months ago and just got around to putting them on this past weekend. Well let me say I spend 30 -45 minutes trying to get all the snaps fastened with no luck. That was with the bike on the lift. There‘s no way I would try putting them on along the road or in a parking lot. I’m also having some additional leather added to the area where my boots will be touching them And where thru the thin factory leather.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I appreciate it. I did search for a while before posting! Perhaps I did not search for terms that would have lead me to the discussions.
My local dealer recommended rat wax. Comes with a wash and spray wax both seemed to work great for me. Sadly doesn’t do much for scratches or scuff marks.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have a 2018 Darkhoarse Cheiftain with the 116 stage 3 kit. The kit was installed from new and was always wanting a little more noise. I had the cats removed from American Customs did a great job for heat but still not really the sound I’m looking for. Has anyone tried the freedom 2-1 turnouts?

·
Registered
2019 Indian Chieftain Darkhorse
221 Posts
I have a 2018 Darkhoarse Cheiftain with the 116 stage 3 kit. The kit was installed from new and was always wanting a little more noise. I had the cats removed from American Customs did a great job for heat but still not really the sound I’m looking for. Has anyone tried the freedom 2-1 turnouts?
What slip-ons do you have with that set up? With just the 111, a/c, TAB zombies w/ torque cones, cat delete, FM tune, it’s about all the loud I can handle.

·
Registered
177 Posts
It was yesterday, but I dropped off my bike to have my trunk and lowers paint matched. I was quoted $400 initially, but Indian skyrocketed their paint prices so he reached out to me with communication screenshots and upped it to $600. It's still very reasonable, for two tone and gold trim, compared to all other quotes I have received over the last couple years.

·
Registered
43 Posts
It’s VicBaggers venom plenum
Thank you!,...I noticed a couple things on your bikes intake..it seems a little different than the pic on Vic Baggers web page for that intake. Did you have to paint anything? And did you mount that one piece just behind the air filter different than how it is stock on the bike and in Vic baggers picture?....last thing.. what’s thatlong filter on top of the air breather?...I really like your set up and would like to copy it, except in all black. Thanks again.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Friday installed the TCMT brand rear highway bars. Right side fit perfect, left side need to be flexed in (towards mounting point) about 1/4" to fit correctly.

Yesterday rode to local dealer & purchased a sweat shirt (had $10 dealer cash that was about to expire). Beautiful day in south central PA for a ride.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Finally got around to installing the venom plenum today but not before a little massaging of the interior of the plenum and TB. What a difference ! The 116 really likes it ! Also relocated the crankcase breather up into the frame (thanks CraigB) relocated the air shock valve and ran the PV3 cable under the tank before installing onthe left side bar. Nice to have the extra information available... temp, volts, AFR etc...

Attachments

·
Registered
2019 Indian Chieftain Darkhorse
221 Posts
Thank you!,...I noticed a couple things on your bikes intake..it seems a little different than the pic on Vic Baggers web page for that intake. Did you have to paint anything? And did you mount that one piece just behind the air filter different than how it is stock on the bike and in Vic baggers picture?....last thing.. what’s thatlong filter on top of the air breather?...I really like your set up and would like to copy it, except in all black. Thanks again.
Hey brother, I was just responding bc I was able to identify what the intake was, but not my bike, sorry. However, from what I can see/tell, appears the mounting plate is installed normally. If you contact VicBaggers they offer the plenum (and TB) in raw aluminum or powder coated black. As far as the filters in that picture go, the smaller one is for the breather port on the front head, the elongated one is remnant of the OEM air cleaner that filters air from the frame. Looks as though he placed some mesh behind, painted, and called it a day. But again, not my bike. Hope that helps ya.

4721 - 4740 of 4799 Posts