Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

4541 - 4559 of 4559 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Okay, it was actually a week ago, but since I just had carpal tunnel surgery number one yesterday I've got some time on my hands (pardon the pun). I put my new custom designed soft lowers on my 2017 Chieftain. They're from Sagebrush Designs. They're exactly what I wanted and the ordering process couldn't have been easier. I followed the link on their website to an embroidery design website that they work with, picked a design I mostly liked and then called Sagebrush. Lona at Sagebrush was so easy to work with. She got right with her graphic designer and within a day I had confirmation that my design modifications would work and the quote for my order. I received a picture while they were in process and another when they were done and ready to ship out. Then came the hard part...waiting for them to get all the way across Canada (Sagebrush is in BC) and through customs to me in NE Ohio. They're really easy to put on. Since they slide on over both sides of the engine guard, you don't have to heat leather to stretch to fit. Also, they're actually marine grade vinyl (that looks like leather) so really easy to clean. I highly recommend Sagebrush Designs if you're looking for soft lowers. By the way, with my design, design modification and addition of studs, plus shipping my total was just under $250, but well worth it to me for this custom addition to my bike.
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

·
Registered
79 Posts
Replaced my 2019 Chieftain Limited rear foot pad brake assembly arm with one off of a 2019 RoadMaster (see parts list below) It took all of 15 minutes to swap it out. I had a $100 gift card from Indian which slightly softened the financial blow of this project but more foot surface area is worth it.

Tim

View attachment 612451 View attachment 612452 View attachment 612453 View attachment 612454
Looks great. I'm adding this to my list of mods. Third in line behind Ultimate reduced reach seat and the mid rise handle bars.

·
Rider
1,417 Posts

·
Rider
1,417 Posts
Okay, it was actually a week ago, but since I just had carpal tunnel surgery number one yesterday I've got some time on my hands (pardon the pun). I put my new custom designed soft lowers on my 2017 Chieftain. They're from Sagebrush Designs. They're exactly what I wanted and the ordering process couldn't have been easier. I followed the link on their website to an embroidery design website that they work with, picked a design I mostly liked and then called Sagebrush. Lona at Sagebrush was so easy to work with. She got right with her graphic designer and within a day I had confirmation that my design modifications would work and the quote for my order. I received a picture while they were in process and another when they were done and ready to ship out. Then came the hard part...waiting for them to get all the way across Canada (Sagebrush is in BC) and through customs to me in NE Ohio. They're really easy to put on. Since they slide on over both sides of the engine guard, you don't have to heat leather to stretch to fit. Also, they're actually marine grade vinyl (that looks like leather) so really easy to clean. I highly recommend Sagebrush Designs if you're looking for soft lowers. By the way, with my design, design modification and addition of studs, plus shipping my total was just under $250, but well worth it to me for this custom addition to my bike. View attachment 612658 View attachment 612659 View attachment 612660 View attachment 612661
Looks great

·
Rider
690 Posts
Installed Custom Dynamics Indian low profile bagz LED tail lights. (CD-INDBAG-SWN-R). Easy install and true “plug and play” install.

Tim

View attachment 613010
I love those lights and I just looked at them on their website and they also come with smoked lenses. How long have you had them installed now? Have the caused the bike to throw any kind of codes at all?

·
Registered
213 Posts
I just installed them. No codes and so far and everything works as normal. I chose red to match the stock tail lights when everything is off.

Tim

Reactions: T-Roy

·
Registered
267 Posts
Okay, it was actually a week ago, but since I just had carpal tunnel surgery number one yesterday I've got some time on my hands (pardon the pun). I put my new custom designed soft lowers on my 2017 Chieftain. They're from Sagebrush Designs. They're exactly what I wanted and the ordering process couldn't have been easier. I followed the link on their website to an embroidery design website that they work with, picked a design I mostly liked and then called Sagebrush. Lona at Sagebrush was so easy to work with. She got right with her graphic designer and within a day I had confirmation that my design modifications would work and the quote for my order. I received a picture while they were in process and another when they were done and ready to ship out. Then came the hard part...waiting for them to get all the way across Canada (Sagebrush is in BC) and through customs to me in NE Ohio. They're really easy to put on. Since they slide on over both sides of the engine guard, you don't have to heat leather to stretch to fit. Also, they're actually marine grade vinyl (that looks like leather) so really easy to clean. I highly recommend Sagebrush Designs if you're looking for soft lowers. By the way, with my design, design modification and addition of studs, plus shipping my total was just under $250, but well worth it to me for this custom addition to my bike. View attachment 612658 View attachment 612659 View attachment 612660 View attachment 612661
Your bike is the one I had Hollister work off of in painting mine (had them combine yours with another). Love your bike...and the soft lowers!

·
Registered
264 Posts
Finally got around to adding my CD plasma rods with quick disconnect. By the way CD does not sell the quick disconnects any more but I found some NOS on Amazon. And if I knew what I know now, I would have just made the quick disconnects myself.

·
Premium Member
110 Posts
Finally got around to adding my CD plasma rods with quick disconnect. By the way CD does not sell the quick disconnects any more but I found some NOS on Amazon. And if I knew what I know now, I would have just made the quick disconnects myself.

View attachment 613551
Looks very good, it could you share with the rest of the tribe of what you learned, with pictures and links?

·
Registered
157 Posts
No pics yet but put on close-outs for highway bars and ordered a wheeldock.If it half as good as advertised and reported on here it should be fine

·
Registered
264 Posts
Looks very good, it could you share with the rest of the tribe of what you learned, with pictures and links?
Unfortunately I did not take any pictures during the installation. Theses are Custom Dynamics 10 inch plasma rods and they also sell the wire harness (this is a 2019 Chieftain the 2018 and lower are different having a dedicated break light). Its a simple 3 wire install, my instructions are not with me at the moment but black wires from each side go their own color on the wire harness and the reds from both side go together to a single color on the harness. I bought the quick disconnect system so that I can disconnect them right by the remote lock disconnect when removing the bags, this was $40 bucks had I known how simple the wiring was (just 2 wires from each light attaching to 3 wires on the harness) I could have made this myself for $0.00 with what I have in the garage.

Here is the rub, if you have a 2019 or higher Custom dynamics now makes a true plug and play light that goes across the bags and everything you need is in the package. This new item came out like 3 weeks after I had received my order, I had opened everything so I just kept them. As far as links just go to the Custom dynamics web site.

·
Rider
690 Posts

4541 - 4559 of 4559 Posts