Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

4501 - 4513 of 4513 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Took off my Vance & Hines slip-ons and replaced them with a pair of Freedom Performance. Now I have a pair of Vance & Hines Turndowns for Chieftain/Roadmaster for sale. More changes coming this week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Rider
1,372 Posts
3400 hundred miles, 10 states, in 6 days. Had blast! And the Chieftain with the 116 kit ran like a top..even had plenty of power at 11,000’ with a full load. went With two buddies, one was on a Yamaha FJ1300 and one was on a Sportster...he was little outgunned but finished the ride even with a gas tank repair at a dive motel somewhere in Wyoming.
Great pics

·
Registered
250 Posts
Added Indian stage 2 cams to my 2019 Chieftain Classic. Thoughts:

Out of the gate, I was not terribly impressed. Indian's stage 2 tune is rough and seems to hold back the engine (Really? This is the best you can do?). Today, I just got FM's stage 2 tune. My first impression was how it smoothed out the ride across the RPM range. It feels really solid, like it runs the way it was meant to, no rough idling or decel popping, just silky. My second impression was that "standard" mode now feels like "sport" mode when the bike was stock, and almost like that when it was stage 1. My third impression was "holy shit" riding in sport mode, as though I was about to fly off the back. It's so responsive in "sport" mode now that I can't keep it in that mode all the time, particularly in traffic/city street conditions. I dialed it back to "standard" and was plenty happy.

I don't know for sure if it was worth the almost 1k I paid, although once I have a longer ride, I may very well change my mind. But i'm thus far pretty pleased with the cams + FM tune.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Added Indian stage 2 cams to my 2019 Chieftain Classic. Thoughts:

Out of the gate, I was not terribly impressed. Indian's stage 2 tune is rough and seems to hold back the engine (Really? This is the best you can do?). Today, I just got FM's stage 2 tune. My first impression was how it smoothed out the ride across the RPM range. It feels really solid, like it runs the way it was meant to, no rough idling or decel popping, just silky. My second impression was that "standard" mode now feels like "sport" mode when the bike was stock, and almost like that when it was stage 1. My third impression was "holy shit" riding in sport mode, as though I was about to fly off the back. It's so responsive in "sport" mode now that I can't keep it in that mode all the time, particularly in traffic/city street conditions. I dialed it back to "standard" and was plenty happy.

I don't know for sure if it was worth the almost 1k I paid, although once I have a longer ride, I may very well change my mind. But i'm thus far pretty pleased with the cams + FM tune.
I was impressed with the FM tunes for my stage 2 for the same reasons you mentioned. I am however, completely unimpressed with the performance enhancements of those cams. I wish I would've went stage 3 cams or lloyd'z 585s. Live and learn

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
250 Posts
I was impressed with the FM tunes for my stage 2 for the same reasons you mentioned. I am however, completely unimpressed with the performance enhancements of those cams. I wish I would've went stage 3 cams or lloyd'z 585s. Live and learn

LLoyd'z is an option down the road. Clearly, Indian's cams are not meant to be aggressive, and some do it just for the sound. But others on this forum seem to firmly believe the best 111 setup is Indian stage 2 + FM tune. Thought I'd go that route first and stay within warranty.

OTOH, some believe that Lloyd'z 585 get you just a good performance gains as the BBK. So your point is well taken.

·
Registered
256 Posts
LLoyd'z is an option down the road. Clearly, Indian's cams are not meant to be aggressive, and some do it just for the sound. But others on this forum seem to firmly believe the best 111 setup is Indian stage 2 + FM tune. Thought I'd go that route first and stay within warranty.

OTOH, some believe that Lloyd'z 585 get you just a good performance gains as the BBK. So your point is well taken.
I have 19 ts111 so I went with the stage 2 to stay in warrenty as well. They do sound amazing with the zombie baffles. I just think with the reliability of the ts111, I think a more aggressive cam would been fine.. I dont hate the cams but I pretty much think they are purely a loping cam.. some will disagree.

Fulemoto and Craig are the best in the business, so I trust and enjoy their tunes.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Test fit a half cover on my 2019 Chieftain with a Corbin solo seat with a non removable backrest. I found some tarp clamps at HomeDepot to pull the cover around the backrest so the seat is still covered by the half cover. I use Velcro straps to hold the tarp clamps to my rear rack. I also had to add adjustable straps to hold the side cover straps. If anyone has a better solution I would be interested.

Tim

E9DB33FA-7C2E-42B4-830D-4D2AFB52C09D.jpeg
370B351F-DDEF-435C-8CF5-7A19F418E78E.jpeg
AA32E15E-A74D-4C61-9F16-89D7F288EB76.jpeg

·
Registered
250 Posts
Put on a new Corbin Solo with back rest. At first, it seemed off. I knew it would be harder and put me further back; I wasn’t expecting slightly higher up and wider making it a little more difficult to reach the ground (flat footed before, now a bit tippy toed, unless I come off the seat forward). Then I read the website portion that explained all this. And then I rode it. I already love it. Harder, yes, but I feel so much more secure and stable on the bike, more in control; no squirming around like on the stock seat. And I’ve only had it a day. Wish I’d done this sooner.

My crotch cooler won’t fit with it, which is obviously a common issue here. But I’ll just have to drill some holes to make it work.

4501 - 4513 of 4513 Posts