Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

4481 - 4500 of 4513 Posts

·
Rider
850 Posts
Oil changed, new rear tire, saddle bag luggage racks installed, rear luggage installed, detailed and almost ready for a trip next weekend. Heading from San Diego to South Dakota and back with a buddy.
View attachment 608004
You my friend are going to have all kinds of fun & beautiful scenery. Wish I were going with the both of you!!!!

2016 Chieftain

·
Registered
21 Posts
phone acting up i purchased the lugnut covers from raney. search big rig lugnut covers. many styles available
i went with the bullet style /threaded

·
Registered
338 Posts
3400 hundred miles, 10 states, in 6 days. Had blast! And the Chieftain with the 116 kit ran like a top..even had plenty of power at 11,000’ with a full load. went With two buddies, one was on a Yamaha FJ1300 and one was on a Sportster...he was little outgunned but finished the ride even with a gas tank repair at a dive motel somewhere in Wyoming.

Attachments

·
Registered
195 Posts
Changed the spark plugs in my 2019 Chieftain to iridium. 10k miles and the original plugs show slight wear to the center electrode. Hopefully I won’t have to change them again until the 100k mark or beyond. The front plug (left side of the bottom picture) looks good with the heat mark showing at the halfway point of the ground strap and light brown color but the rear cylinder shows fuel additives not being completely burned off so it is covering the heat mark.

Tim

1D0A532C-2DB4-459C-BA19-0F3A74A0DDDC.jpeg
2DE49BAC-867A-41D4-8424-D8A8B777AD31.jpeg

·
Registered
526 Posts
I just hit the 10k mark on my '19. Your post makes me think I should look at mine.

What brand iridium plugs did you end up going with?

Changed the spark plugs in my 2019 Chieftain to iridium. 10k miles and the original plugs show slight wear to the center electrode. Hopefully I won’t have to change them again until the 100k mark or beyond. The front plug (left side of the bottom picture) looks good with the heat mark showing at the halfway point of the ground strap and light brown color but the rear cylinder shows fuel additives not being completely burned off so it is covering the heat mark.

Tim

·
Rider
664 Posts
Packed mine up. Headed to Birmingham in the morning and then on to Maggie Valley North Carolina the next day. Will be in Maggie Valley for 5 nights. Soooo excited!!!

·
Registered
21 Posts
wired in my garage door opener to the high beam switch. Soldered wires to battery terminals and jumped a wire on the switch (door opener) Connected positive wire to yellow and ground to black near the headlight plug. Works like a champ
elvis /2017 chieftain

·
Rider
872 Posts
On advice from @RACNRAY I changed to Iridium. Beautiful difference.
Iridium NGK plugs was the final piece I was missing in my Stage 2 upgrade, hard to describe the difference, just crazy how the plugs brought everything up a few notches and polished up the performance, all for $15, what a great improvement! =)

Sent from my SM-S903VL using Tapatalk

·
Rider
588 Posts
I added a kury heel shifter today that I got from forum member Richp1973. Easy install and I love it! I have been wanting to add this for a couple of years and the time and price was right. I also put the baffles back in my V&H classic pipes. I left the insulation wrap out and now it sounds perfect and I have the little bit of lost pep back that happened when i went baffless. Some on here told me that would happen and was right. It was fine at WOT but it lost some of the pick up just rolling on the gas. It’s back now!

4481 - 4500 of 4513 Posts