Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

4461 - 4480 of 4513 Posts

·
Registered
315 Posts
So this happened...

Sitting at a red light, 2 riders in front of me, light turned green, and BAM! The driver behind me just decided to take off and slam into me. I'm fine, little whip lash, couple bruises, but my poor bike is a mess. Could've been much worse, but still quite upsetting. Uninsured motorist of course.
I do have to say that my backrest stopped me from falling off the bike. This thing literally saved my butt! Waiting on an estimate for repairs.

Be safe out there

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
That's a bummer but glad you're okay. They can always be physically worse and hopefully your insurance covers uninsured motorists.

Phil

·
Silver member
4,586 Posts
So this happened...

Sitting at a red light, 2 riders in front of me, light turned green, and BAM! The driver behind me just decided to take off and slam into me. I'm fine, little whip lash, couple bruises, but my poor bike is a mess. Could've been much worse, but still quite upsetting. Uninsured motorist of course.
I do have to say that my backrest stopped me from falling off the bike. This thing literally saved my butt! Waiting on an estimate for repairs.

Be safe out there

What an idiot; how does one take off like that from sitting at a red light when there's still someone in front of them. Guessing they were looking at their phone.
I'm glad your ok.

·
Registered
88 Posts
What an idiot; how does one take off like that from sitting at a red light when there's still someone in front of them. Guessing they were looking at their phone.
I'm glad your ok.
It's beyond me. I don't understand how she hit me so hard. She was stopped behind me at the light. So her take off speed had to be pretty high. Pushed me about 12 feet forward. Rear fender was pushed into the rear wheel and locked up the bike. Needed to saw the fender, use pry bar, and let all the air out of the tire just to move the bike.

·
Registered
526 Posts
I saw something similar a few weeks ago. Guy slips his clutch when the light turns green, Car behind him guns the gas thinking the motorcycle is going to go forward and just slams into him.

I get off my bike to help the biker and the operator of the vehicle gets out of his car with a back brace on and says to the guy on the Motorcycle: "I'm sorry, my reaction isn't as fast as it should be because I'm going through chemo and I shouldn't even be driving"

You can't make this up......

Sitting at a red light, 2 riders in front of me, light turned green, and BAM! The driver behind me just decided to take off and slam into me. I'm fine, little whip lash, couple bruises, but my poor bike is a mess.

·
Rider
1,372 Posts
So this happened...

Be safe out there

😢

·
Registered
28 Posts
Followed my wife around the neighborhood on her new Ryker. I really wanted to see her on an Indian but in the end its the perfect bike for her. She had a blast learning and I got to cruise behind her. Really two polar opposite cycles but was fun riding without her helmet smacking me in the back of the head.

·
Rider
872 Posts
So this happened...

Be safe out there

Glad you were not seriously injured! I think uninsured drivers should be jailed. ..period!

Sent from my SM-S903VL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
526 Posts
How often are you doing that? I never had this issue with my VIC CCT - and it's the same mounting system. I also never heard of this issue until here. Just want to see what you suggest for 'preventive bushing replacement'.

I look at mine, none look 'warped' or anything...

Changed all 6 of the rubber bushings for the side covers. I don’t want to be part of the “I lost my right side cover” club.

·
Rider
688 Posts
So this happened...

Be safe out there
Happy to see you're ok. Seeing your beautiful bike like that kinda brings a tear to your eye! Sue his ### off. I'm so sick and tired of seeing disrespectful drivers on the road causing chaos and hardship for others.

·
Registered
84 Posts
How often are you doing that? I never had this issue with my VIC CCT - and it's the same mounting system. I also never heard of this issue until here. Just want to see what you suggest for 'preventive bushing replacement'.

I look at mine, none look 'warped' or anything...
This was the first time I've done it. I noticed on the right side cover, something didn't feel right when I pulled it off. Sure enough one of the bushings was cracked and missing part of it. So I replaced all 6 and You can feel the side covers snap into place now. All of the old bushings I removed were dried and cracked with the exception of 1. I feel at this point, it's probably a good idea to change them once a Year. Keep in mind, I live in California and it's near triple digits for 4 straight Months. I do believe the heat dries them out.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I've had Battery Dreams just something not right. Ordered a New Battery "Scorpion" yesterday.
Yep made in China Wanted to try it CCA 320

Boom Bam Just Shut Me Down Sam

Out in about this morning and the Battery went down.

Got me bike back home and just waiting for the Scorpion to arrive.

4461 - 4480 of 4513 Posts