Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

4321 - 4340 of 4342 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Ordered a Bullshifter and went on a 289 mile road trip through some great Texas landscapes. Buddy of mine dumped his Ultra-Glide CVO on a very tight turn but fortunatly it was mostly grass and dirt. One bent highway bar and scratches with a sore shoulder. Id say he was very lucky and we finished the rest of the ride. Really shook me up as a new rider to see an experienced one go down but he admitted he was trying to stay up with a much faster rider and was riding beyond his limits. It happens. Just glad we could all laugh about it at the end. I buffed out his scratches and I can say Kudos to the HD painters. I was able to save most of his bike with minimal scuffs remaining. You have to really look for them. Bars are replaceable- body parts not so much. Im sold on highway bars and have them front an rear

·
Registered
186 Posts
Installed Lloyd’z facet cut air box. Was going to get a local shop to do it but decided to save myself some $, watch some videos and do it myself. I was a bit intimidated by the whole unbolting the gas tank part and messing with the throttle body. But after seeing how it’s done, I sucked it up and it wasn’t that bad.

EXCEPT, THE FIRST PART (file this under “what in the hell are you thinking, Indian?”). The bolts holding on the stock air cover were stripped, and Indian has decided to loctite all outside bolts. I tried a drill screw extractor, using a rubber band, nothing worked. I finally had to Dremel the screw heads with a metal cutter, which sent sparks everywhere, and then covered as much paint as possible with towels. It finally came off once the bolt heads were gone. Luckily, I’m not intending to use the stock cover again, otherwise I would have been screwed. But it’s not acceptable that Indian would make it so damn hard to remove something they know most people will swap out, unless their goal is to force you to use a dealer to do it. This was a major hassle, but I did it and put in the stage 1 tune from CraigB (haven’t ridden it yet; it’s 2000 degrees in Texas, May take it for a spin tonight though).

·
Rider
884 Posts
Installed Lloyd’z facet cut air box. Was going to get a local shop to do it but decided to save myself some $, watch some videos and do it myself. I was a bit intimidated by the whole unbolting the gas tank part and messing with the throttle body. But after seeing how it’s done, I sucked it up and it wasn’t that bad.

EXCEPT, THE FIRST PART (file this under “what in the hell are you thinking, Indian?”). The bolts holding on the stock air cover were stripped, and Indian has decided to loctite all outside bolts. I tried a drill screw extractor, using a rubber band, nothing worked. I finally had to Dremel the screw heads with a metal cutter, which sent sparks everywhere, and then covered as much paint as possible with towels. It finally came off once the bolt heads were gone. Luckily, I’m not intending to use the stock cover again, otherwise I would have been screwed. But it’s not acceptable that Indian would make it so damn hard to remove something they know most people will swap out, unless their goal is to force you to use a dealer to do it. This was a major hassle, but I did it and put in the stage 1 tune from CraigB (haven’t ridden it yet; it’s 2000 degrees in Texas, May take it for a spin tonight though).
View attachment 596598 View attachment 596599
Looks good

·
Registered
254 Posts
I finished the horn cover insert today. I started with a 2.5 inch medal with a top loop that I removed. I then did some polishing with my dremel and finished it off with a satin clear coat. I attached it with gorilla tape. I'm pretty happy with how it came out.
20200705_131948.jpg

Phil

·
Rider
601 Posts
Did a 700 mile, 13hr ride the entire length of VT up to Lake Champlain and then NY North country. I tested out my iVue Rincon video glasses with a 128G card attached to a Duro solar powered battery. Not only was I able to record the entire trip, I have the combo on my table now still recording (as a time test) with 2 bars left on the battery. I'll bet I get close to a 24 hr recording time.
VT is a nice ride BUT CRIPE, does anyone drive the SLOW speed limits of that state? If the speed limit is 40, everyone does 35!!! VT has to be the slowest and most frustrating state in the country to ride a bike.

1.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg 4.jpg

·
Bronze member
1,751 Posts
Got a free replacement Eagle Light LED running light. 3 yrs old and the left one just stopped working. Took a photo of it being dead on the bike, emailed it in like they asked and in 7 days got a new one. Lifetime warranty. Good company and products, do recommend.

Reactions: Cody

·
Registered
198 Posts
I rode about 200 miles today
Stopped at one of my favorite spots for a little break

Then rode around and found this small town
How small was it you say??

It was so small there was only one sign....:sneaky::sneaky:

Then once I got home I changed the oil, I'm going to do the rest of the stuff in the morning when the garage cools off..

4321 - 4340 of 4342 Posts