Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

4281 - 4300 of 4327 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
I just put a new battery in mine, one of the wicked start 500 amp ones.

As far as I can tell the factory one was still in it and since these machines are so dependent on a good battery I figured it was worth it.

·
Rider
834 Posts
I just put a new battery in mine, one of the wicked start 500 amp ones.

As far as I can tell the factory one was still in it and since these machines are so dependent on a good battery I figured it was worth it.
Can you keep it charged with a standard trickle charger or is it a lithium ion battery that needs a special charger?

2016 Chieftain

·
Registered
195 Posts
Can you keep it charged with a standard trickle charger or is it a lithium ion battery that needs a special charger?

2016 Chieftain

The paperwork that came with it said to put it on a trickle charger if it wasn't to be used for 3 months or more.
It's not a lithium cell.

·
Registered
1,619 Posts
The paperwork that came with it said to put it on a trickle charger if it wasn't to be used for 3 months or more.
It's not a lithium cell.
I know I’m probably splitting hairs here but make sure you use a battery tender or minder instead of a straight trickle charger. The charger needs to have some “intelligence” to stop charging once the battery is fully charged. In the old days a trickle charger was just a charger that constantly chargers at a slow rate while a battery minder or tender adjusts the charge and even stops charging depending on the state of the battery.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Rider
598 Posts
Added a Indian luggage rack to my 2019 Chieftain.

Tim
View attachment 593137

View attachment 593135
I have a brand new Indian leather messenger bag that is specifically made to fit on that rack. I originally bought it for the wife to use as a laptop bag but it was too big and heavy for her. it is more like luggage. Let me know if you are interested I would like to sell it. Here is a stock photo of one of them. If you are interested I can take some current pictures of the exact bag I have here.

·
Rider
598 Posts
329612AE-534F-49D4-BC79-DC58CAD26287.png
Forgot to attach the stock photo.

Reactions: snakeskin cowboy

·
Premium Member
210 Posts
Swapped out the open fender for the classic valenced fender. Don't realize I needed studs for mounting the caliper covers. Ordered them and will be a couple of weeks for delivery. Wfe and I love the lighted War bonnet. Now it really looks like a true Indian. Wash and wax tomorrow and then some pictures.
20190728_103322.jpg
20200615_072928.jpg

4281 - 4300 of 4327 Posts