Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

4241 - 4259 of 4259 Posts

·
Rider
828 Posts
Alright, I have owned the bike for two weeks now and I think I am pretty much done with cosmetic mods as well as most other mods I have planned. I got the tan leather seat on as well as the sissy bar and backrest. On the rear I got the curved Kuryakyn license plate holder, mostly to get rid of the reflectors but it also just looks cleaner. I paired it with the Kuryakyn chrome trim piece on the top of the tail light and rear fender trim. Up front I removed the reflectors on the forks and added the front fender trim. Up on the console I replaced the console cover with the cream one so it looked better IMO and also added my little power button easter egg. In the fairing I added the Dynomat and also added a wireless charger for my phone up in the little cubby above the Ride Command and the Garage Door Opener module Also added the Indian Flare windshield. I topped it all off with the Stage 1 exhaust with Fish Tail tips. Overall I'm super happy with the bike. There are some more mods I would probably like to do in the future but that is going to cover it for now.

View attachment 590646

View attachment 590647

View attachment 590649

View attachment 590650

View attachment 590651
Love the colors!

2016 Chieftain

·
Registered
115 Posts
The spear floorboards are nice, they are also inexpensive. They come with 1/4 inch spacers as they are a little bigger than stock. I may do the spear grips too, just not sure if I want to go heated or not.

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
The spear floorboards are nice, they are also inexpensive. They come with 1/4 inch spacers as they are a little bigger than stock. I may do the spear grips too, just not sure if I want to go heated or not.
Are the 1/4” spacers for moving the floorboards out away from the bike or up?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
115 Posts
Out from the bike, you have to remove the bolts holding the floorboard mount to the bike a place the spacer there. Right side is simple do one at a time. Left side is tight getting a tool between the shift linkage. I ended up marking the linkage position with a marker and then taking it off. Very simple and should be part of the damn instructions! I waited time and got frustrated figuring that out.

·
Registered
115 Posts
I should also mention that it seemed my spear boards were a wee bit higher than stock, so I had to readjust the shifter 1 tooth of the cog for my boot to better fit under it.

·
Registered
437 Posts
Today I will ride to Pikes Peak Indian and pick up a set of fork seals and oil. Then I'm going to install a set of reduced reach bars I found on the forum. Furlough next week and I'm going to ride to the Mississippi River.

4241 - 4259 of 4259 Posts