Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

4221 - 4240 of 4259 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
I have been working pretty steadily on a lot of small stuff for the past week that I have had the bike. Not quite ready to upload all of the pics yet but this one is too good to wait. While I had the fairing off to install some Dynamat, I installed my one of a kind power switch. Almost positive I am going to be the only one out there with this. It's small but it makes me happy.

·
Registered
615 Posts
I have been working pretty steadily on a lot of small stuff for the past week that I have had the bike. Not quite ready to upload all of the pics yet but this one is too good to wait. While I had the fairing off to install some Dynamat, I installed my one of a kind power switch. Almost positive I am going to be the only one out there with this. It's small but it makes me happy. View attachment 590011
nice

·
Registered
263 Posts
When I had my 2015 Scout I loved that they had a regular thread where the entire community dropped in what they added, modded, upgraded, painted, etc to their bike.

Would like to start that here! Post what you did to your Chieftain today...
Changed my Front Fender from the open back to the Classic. Tried the open fender for 8 months just could not look at my Chieftain with that (IMHO) ugly non Indian Fender. Went through the process to have fully valanced fender custom painted to match my Limited and now have the BIKE OF MY DREAMS. A lifetime dream ride that I'm so very happy with now. Pictures of the old (Open) fender and the NEW recently put on Classic Style INDIAN Fender. No one will mistake me for HD again. LOL.
19 inch custom front wheel.jpg
IMG-6899.JPG

·
Rider
593 Posts
Changed my Front Fender from the open back to the Classic. Tried the open fender for 8 months just could not look at my Chieftain with that (IMHO) ugly non Indian Fender. Went through the process to have fully valanced fender custom painted to match my Limited and now have the BIKE OF MY DREAMS. A lifetime dream ride that I'm so very happy with now. Pictures of the old (Open) fender and the NEW recently put on Classic Style INDIAN Fender. No one will mistake me for HD again. LOL.
Classic fender looks SOOOOOOO much better!

·
Registered
147 Posts

Totally agree...looks awesome...True Indian Look...I luv Mine....

View attachment 590023 View attachment 590024

·
Rider
593 Posts
Time for maintenance, changed front/rear brakes and decided to install a new battery since the other was 2.5 years old. Read alot about Wicked and thought I'd give them a shot. For those that are interested in the Indian brake kits, here's a pic of the front kit which I purchased for the "pin". I also purchased the (supposed) Kawasaki equivalent which should arrive sometime this week. I want to see if they are one in the same.

IMG_0061.JPG IMG_0062.JPG

·
Rider
828 Posts
Time for maintenance, changed front/rear brakes and decided to install a new battery since the other was 2.5 years old. Read alot about Wicked and thought I'd give them a shot. For those that are interested in the Indian brake kits, here's a pic of the front kit which I purchased for the "pin". I also purchased the (supposed) Kawasaki equivalent which should arrive sometime this week. I want to see if they are one in the same.

View attachment 590085 View attachment 590086
How much CCA does the wicked battery do & price?

2016 Chieftain

·
Rider
593 Posts
How much CCA does the wicked battery do & price?
2016 Chieftain
Wholly s###, I just realized I ordered and installed the wrong one! LOL! This one is 500CCA, I wanted the 30L which is 600CCA. What a dope..... Oh well, I'll grab that one in a couple years!
The battery cost me ~$95.
Bike turned over great with this battery. We'll see how long it lasts.

·
Rider
828 Posts
Wholly s###, I just realized I ordered and installed the wrong one! LOL! This one is 500CCA, I wanted the 30L which is 600CCA. What a dope..... Oh well, I'll grab that one in a couple years!
The battery cost me ~$95.
Bike turned over great with this battery. We'll see how long it lasts.
Cool thanks for the info!

2016 Chieftain

·
Bronze member
2,710 Posts
not really any more modern than the valanced fender... just two different odes to the Indians of the past... the smaller fender on the Limited's are from circa 1935 and the valanced is from the late 40's to present...

·
Registered
263 Posts
wait... you like the fat fender over the modern one?
YES! If I'd wanted a HD I'd have purchased one just cannot stand that open front fender. Truly UGLY in MHO. To each his own but far more popular the Classic front fender in all the polls taken. Stores (I have relationships with a few) finding many taking that open front fender off selling for pennies on the dollar to get back to the INDIAN front fender. Carry on and Ride Safe.

·
Bronze member
2,710 Posts
YES! If I'd wanted a HD I'd have purchased one just cannot stand that open front fender. Truly UGLY in MHO. To each his own but far more popular the Classic front fender in all the polls taken. Stores (I have relationships with a few) finding many taking that open front fender off selling for pennies on the dollar to get back to the INDIAN front fender. Carry on and Ride Safe.
as far as the polls.. Indian Corp. would disagree with them... to each his own... I like them and I like the valanced...

·
Registered
29 Posts
Alright, I have owned the bike for two weeks now and I think I am pretty much done with cosmetic mods as well as most other mods I have planned. I got the tan leather seat on as well as the sissy bar and backrest. On the rear I got the curved Kuryakyn license plate holder, mostly to get rid of the reflectors but it also just looks cleaner. I paired it with the Kuryakyn chrome trim piece on the top of the tail light and rear fender trim. Up front I removed the reflectors on the forks and added the front fender trim. Up on the console I replaced the console cover with the cream one so it looked better IMO and also added my little power button easter egg. In the fairing I added the Dynomat and also added a wireless charger for my phone up in the little cubby above the Ride Command and the Garage Door Opener module Also added the Indian Flare windshield. I topped it all off with the Stage 1 exhaust with Fish Tail tips. Overall I'm super happy with the bike. There are some more mods I would probably like to do in the future but that is going to cover it for now.

IMG_20200520_174140_MP.jpg

4221 - 4240 of 4259 Posts