Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
81 - 100 of 116 Posts

·
Premium Member
85 Posts
Just got my wife's CDH back from the shop. We had the reduced reach handlebars and heated grips installed. Parts were ordered ordered back in Dec '21 and handlebars and grips arrived about a month ago but the break line kit just arrived last week. We applied the $600 credit Polaris gave us for the chrome heat shield replacement to this and we'll deal with that heat shield when parts are available for order.

Land vehicle Vehicle Fuel tank Tire Motor vehicle

Tire Wheel Fuel tank Automotive fuel system Motorcycle

·
Registered
49 Posts
I was looking at FMB bars the other day it looks like they are all 1 1/4. Do they have bars that fit the 22 Chief or did you have to make them fit?
I contacted them a while back by email . They told me they finally figured it out with Babalu22s' motorcycle. they can make any of their Indian scout bar models fit , just buy and message them that you need it for a 2022 chief bobber (David Burrill <[email protected])

·
Premium Member
2022 Super Chief Limited
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #85 ·
Fitted the Indian Saddlebags onto my Chief Dark Horse 2022. Easy fit onto the spools and then bolted into place. This is not a quick fit as I first thought but then I would not really be looking to unbolt them any day soon. Happy with the look. View attachment 686775
Love those rims! Wish they put them on the limited..

Reactions: Dave E

·
Registered
2015 Scout
522 Posts
Test ride on the 4th. My wife is getting more comfortable on the Scout. It is my first bike other than the light weight no complaints. Opinions on weather or not ABS is worth it. I'm looking at the base Chief but no ride command. My dealership said they have had good luck getting the base faster.

·
Registered
2022 Indian Chief Dark Horse - Jade
206 Posts
Hi Ethan, I always think it is best to wait for the the bike you want instead of buying the quickest model that you really didn’t want. You will end up trading it back in again.

·
Registered
2022 Chief Darkhorse Bobber
29 Posts
Test ride on the 4th. My wife is getting more comfortable on the Scout. It is my first bike other than the light weight no complaints. Opinions on weather or not ABS is worth it. I'm looking at the base Chief but no ride command. My dealership said they have had good luck getting the base faster.
Like Dave E. said, do not compromise. Buy the bike you want, exactly how you want it.

ABS is 100% worth it. Statistics show it lowers your crash rate during emergency braking, and it’s pretty obvious why if you’ve ever locked a bike up. Do you want to be able to pull on your brakes rapidly with the stopping power necessary without any hesitation, or during a split second emergency do you want to consider and calculate how much braking power you can use without locking a wheel? The only time I would want no ABS is on a dedicated track bike. That being said, I left a lot out and you should still practice emergency braking ABS or not.

·
Registered
2015 Scout
522 Posts
Like Dave E. said, do not compromise. Buy the bike you want, exactly how you want it.

ABS is 100% worth it. Statistics show it lowers your crash rate during emergency braking, and it’s pretty obvious why if you’ve ever locked a bike up. Do you want to be able to pull on your brakes rapidly with the stopping power necessary without any hesitation, or during a split second emergency do you want to consider and calculate how much braking power you can use without locking a wheel? The only time I would want no ABS is on a dedicated track bike. That being said, I left a lot out and you should still practice emergency braking ABS or not.
Enough said, the most basic with the options I want. You see I don't like the black I like brown leather and chrome. And I don't like the bobbed fenders, so those are expenses I'm planning for. For me I'm after the upsize and but not a bagger.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Tire Wheel Land vehicle Fuel tank Vehicle

Wheel Tire Land vehicle Fuel tank Vehicle

New Corbin seat its really nice but it does noticeably sit you further back. I believe they say its an inch back but it feels like a bit more. Suppose that means apes are coming a bit sooner than planned lol

·
Registered
34 Posts
Added PSR levers today,Saddlemen seat and black locking gas cap. I put 5700 miles on the stock seat but this replacement feels even better can't wait to see what it feels like broken in.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2022 Indian Chief Dark Horse
46 Posts
Added PSR levers today,Saddlemen seat and black locking gas cap. I put 5700 miles on the stock seat but this replacement feels even better can't wait to see what it feels like broken in.

I have a Saddlemen Renegade Solo seat on order. Is the back lip more supporting than the stock seat?

·
Registered
58 Posts
How do you like the pistol grip pegs? Considering getting them myself.
I’m still figuring out how I want them angled, but so far I’m liking them.With the forward controls I could sometimes feel my feet slip down on longer rides. These feel like there’s more available traction if you angle them so they’re parallel to your foot placement when riding.

·
Registered
2022 Chief Darkhorse
452 Posts

They make a huuuuuge difference. One of the best investments I’ve made!

81 - 100 of 116 Posts