Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
61 - 80 of 116 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
I ordered one of the gas caps & it’ll be here tomorrow - thanks! $16.99 for that one is a lot better than $99 for oem…. Now if I could just get my bike back from the dealership I’d be all set - lol. I dropped it off on Saturday for the “service bulletin” fork repair & the 2500 mile service.

ps - what are your plans for the mid rise bars?
Don’t forget to epoxy the vent hole in that cap. I used a 5min plastic epoxy and it’s held up great for that past 2 months. No softening or anything to indicate it won’t last a long time.
The bars will go into storage along with all the other stock parts I imagine. I supposed I could be persuaded to sell them along with the mid length clutch cable/wiring/brake line, but I hadn’t thought about it.
Taller bars turned out great! I’m about 6’2” and 190lbs of lanky dad-bod and these reach almost to my shoulder now. So much more comfortable and the added leverage really makes a difference in how the bike handles with that larger front tire on the bobber.

Tire Wheel Plant Land vehicle Vehicle

·
Registered
2022 Chief Bobber Dark Horse, Black Smoke
25 Posts
Don’t forget to epoxy the vent hole in that cap. I used a 5min plastic epoxy and it’s held up great for that past 2 months. No softening or anything to indicate it won’t last a long time.
The bars will go into storage along with all the other stock parts I imagine. I supposed I could be persuaded to sell them along with the mid length clutch cable/wiring/brake line, but I hadn’t thought about it.
Taller bars turned out great! I’m about 6’2” and 190lbs of lanky dad-bod and these reach almost to my shoulder now. So much more comfortable and the added leverage really makes a difference in how the bike handles with that larger front tire on the bobber.

View attachment 684073
I keep considering taller handlebars as well. They do look good in the Bobber!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2022 Chief Darkhorse Bobber
29 Posts
Order a new battery to change out the crap Indian battery they put on the Chief. Really sad Indian puts such an inferior part on the bike.
What did you swap it for? I’d been ignoring the bad battery threads for awhile, and right on cue last night I started having battery issues.

·
Premium Member
2022 Super Chief Limited
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #69 ·
Installed 1 inch riser extensions.
Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Automotive tire Hood Light

Reactions: Dogbreath

·
Premium Member
2022 Super Chief Limited
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #72 ·

·
Registered
2022 Chief Darkhorse Bobber
29 Posts
That looks great! Do you sit farther back at all?
The reach on the Saddlemen is about the same as the extended reach saddle from Indian. However, it also lowers you down quite a bit. I was going to put a riser on my mini ape bars but with the new saddle it’s perfect for me at 6’2”.

What I really love about the Saddlemen is that it gives you that little back rest so I can really gun it and I feel incredibly secure in the seat, vs. I always felt like I was slipping back in the stock seat.

·
Registered
8 Posts
The reach on the Saddlemen is about the same as the extended reach saddle from Indian. However, it also lowers you down quite a bit. I was going to put a riser on my mini ape bars but with the new saddle it’s perfect for me at 6’2”.

What I really love about the Saddlemen is that it gives you that little back rest so I can really gun it and I feel incredibly secure in the seat, vs. I always felt like I was slipping back in the stock seat.
I am 5' 10" and the stock seat seat is the perfect distance for me on the bobber, I am afraid any further back I will be really reaching for the bars.

·
Registered
2022 Chief Darkhorse
453 Posts

Not to hijack, but how do you like the saddlebags? About how much can you fit into them? I’m considering the Indian bags but don’t want to pay the Indian prices - lol. I’m looking for bags that’ll hold my lunchbox for work, a backpack, rain gear, etc… Thanks!

61 - 80 of 116 Posts