Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
2022 Chief Darkhorse Bobber
9 Posts
Installed PSR levers, setting 4 on clutch and 5 on brake. Clutch feel is noticeably closer and improved, brake lever doesnt quite fill the gaps of the housing so it wobbles a bit. Might add a washer at the bottom gap to bring the lever up a bit and stop the wobbling, would be good to hear if theres any potential cons to this
Did the same today, and they look nice.
Tire Fuel tank Wheel Automotive tire Vehicle

However I noticed the same thing and some other observations which I’ll need to fix:
  • Brake lever wobble. Will fix with a brass washer
  • Brake lever has about 5mm of play before actually engaging the brake. Might shim the back of the lever
  • Bike no longer starts in gear with the clutch pulled in all the way… only starts in neutral. No problems shifting or finding neutral

·
Registered
2022 Chief Dark Horse
60 Posts
Bike no longer starts in gear with the clutch pulled in all the way… only starts in neutral. No problems shifting or finding neutral
I didnt have that issue, havent adjusted the clutch tension but you may need to on yours. Does the bike creep with clutch pulled in all the way?

·
Registered
2022 Chief Darkhorse Bobber
9 Posts
I didnt have that issue, havent adjusted the clutch tension but you may need to on yours. Does the bike creep with clutch pulled in all the way?
It ended up being the lever in the short positions. 4-6 all work but in 1-3 it doesn’t have enough throw to fully release the clutch.

Regarding the brake lever, I just shimmed the back of the lever to bring it in closer and found that doing so reduced the wobble significantly. I tried using a nylon washer at first but even the thinnest one I had was still too thick.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Nice, I wish I would of got the bobber.
I’m so glad I switched up. Originally ordered a scout bobber and the waiting kept getting extended. Finally got talked into a test ride on a Chief by my sales rep since we are the same size/build (6’1” ~195lbs) and was WAY more comfortable once I got used to the bike’s size difference. Very comfortable, and this one was in stock.

Dean Speed sissy bar and service manual ordered, also.

Automotive parking light Land vehicle Wheel Tire Vehicle

·
Registered
2022 Chief Bobber Dark Horse, Black Smoke
23 Posts
I order myself a Saddleman Seat, Dean Speed Sissy bar and rear pegs.

Earlier this week I also took my bike to Custom Dynamics as they are test fitting some light options for the Chief that they will be selling.

I tossed on my handlebar bag from Torque Motorcycles, it fits very nicely.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
27 Posts
Hit 504 miles when I got home today, so did all my servicing (oil change, belt adjust, bolt torque, etc…). Also added a little bag I got from that jungle site that fits my rain gear perfectly.

Wheel Tire Land vehicle Fuel tank Automotive fuel system

21 - 33 of 33 Posts