Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1861 - 1880 of 1897 Posts

·
Registered
598 Posts
Wow looks good! We're twins, mine is the same color! Someone asked me today as I was putting my half cover on it (as it was already covered up) if it was a Road Glide lol. No ma'am, it's an Indian Roadmaster!

·
Registered
266 Posts
Had my upholstery guy stitch up a matching flap to fit behind the passenger lumbar pad. The custom upholstered Mustang seat and moving the trunk back a little for increased passenger room exposed the trunk wiring between the seat and the trunk. The flap covers it up nicely.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Nice! Would you ask him to make one for me?
I can ask. What color?
Black is easy, but matching the OEM brown/tan is nearly impossible. In my case it was no problem since he redid all of my upholstery in a different shade of brown in vinyl material that he can get.

·
Premium Member
457 Posts
Mine is OEM tan, but I think Black would be just as good. My Bike is black, so it would be just the same as I see now with the black fender underneath. Thanks for asking!

·
Registered
266 Posts
Mine is OEM tan, but I think Black would be just as good. My Bike is black, so it would be just the same as I see now with the black fender underneath. Thanks for asking!
OK. It may take a while to get an answer. He just had open heart surgery last Wednesday, so he is out of commission for a few weeks.

·
Registered
598 Posts
Got a cup holder the other day, and the phone holder my friend got for me. Will see how they do. The cup holder been on already a few days. The phone holder, we shall see. Looks pretty solid so far just in testing.

Phone holder is aluminum construction, but plastic clamp for the bars with a rubber liner on the clamp. Foam on the top clamp that holds the top of the phone and on the bottom hooks on the edge of the phone. Had to really tighten the clamp down so it wouldn't move up or down on the bars.

The cup holder has what looks to be aluminum clamp with a rubber liner strip that you use with the clamp on the bars. The arms that go around the cup don't look super flexible. Can't fit much more than this size water bottle. Not much give in the arms for holding much for a bigger cup, bottle, thermos, etc. It's a pretty rigid plastic. But they came as a pair, and I like to use a Gatorade water bottle with the twist top so I don't have to use 2 hands to open it. There's no lid to remove. I can just use my teeth. May put the second cup holder on the highway bar in front of the saddle bag, for a second water bottle. They are just Amazon specials.

·
Rider
1,147 Posts
Even getting the pipes off was not a problem. I've had them off before when installing TABS. The belt alignment issue has always plagued me. Really the adjusters do not need to be moved, so looks like the belt should go back on in the same position, but this will give me a good chance to align the belt again (maybe better than it was before).

I watched the one video where you pull out the top pin and drop the suspension down, and therefore did not have to pull the mufflers. I decided pulling the mufflers would be alright, and also give me more working room.

--
Gordon
Getting the wheel back on was more of a challenge. Not as easy as what videos I had seen. Was necessary to have another pair of hands on the other side to help work the wheel back up into position. Possibly pulling the top pin might have helped here.

Got the belt aligned best I could. Had to wait a week or so for a test ride, as the weather dumped 6 inches of snow.

Finally took it for a ride, and had minimal belt squeal. Went for 100 mile ride. The belt has clearance on both sided of the pulley, although not dead center. I guess that is a win.

Snowing again today.

--
Gordon

·
Registered
90 Posts
that my weekend project. where did you connect for power?
Under the right side of the fairing, in front of the fork tube is an unused two pin power connector. I bought a connector on Amazon (link below) and connected it to the hardwired power source for the radio. You could also wire in a USB plug if you wanted to. I also bought an inline FM adapter so I don't have to screw with the radio antenna.

Here's the 2 pin https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07MDCYQYL/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Here's the kit that I bought, and I found the head unit on eBay for $10 SiriusXM Satellite Radio Compact Motorcycle Kit

FM Adapter https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000KGLL84/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o05_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

·
Registered
90 Posts
Riding to New Mexico in June. Hope my Spotify holds out on me! Oh and my gas. Lots of distance between gas stations out that way

Sent from my SM-G998U1 using Tapatalk
Riding from where? I just drove from central Texas to AZ and back. It gets pretty spotty with cell out there.

·
Premium Member
457 Posts
Under the right side of the fairing, in front of the fork tube is an unused two pin power connector. I bought a connector on Amazon (link below) and connected it to the hardwired power source for the radio. You could also wire in a USB plug if you wanted to. I also bought an inline FM adapter so I don't have to screw with the radio antenna.

Here's the 2 pin https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07MDCYQYL/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Here's the kit that I bought, and I found the head unit on eBay for $10 SiriusXM Satellite Radio Compact Motorcycle Kit

FM Adapter https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000KGLL84/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o05_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Perf! Thanks for the details

·
Registered
90 Posts
Well, I said goodbye to her as they uncrated my ‘21 Thunder Black Challenger Dark Horse. 4 fabulous riding seasons 50k miles 32 states 4 coast to coast trips. Won’t be picking up the new bike for a couple of weeks or so account it’s still winter here.
Same color as mine! I hope it un-winters before I ride up there in June!

·
Registered
90 Posts
View attachment 627602 View attachment 627603

New tires, brakes and I added the Elite wheels over the winter.
First day to ride and try out the Corbin solo saddle.
Looks great. I was looking at putting that wheel on my bike (same as yours), but my dealer told me that they've had to replace numerous tires due to the bolt protruding from the headdress. Have you done anything to mitigate that? I'm thinking now of putting the new 17" front wheel from the 2021.

1861 - 1880 of 1897 Posts