Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1841 - 1860 of 1869 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Installed a Ciro Phone holder (one of the best Ive seen) and Cup holder. Installed a Custom Dynamics brake module for the fender brake light and also one for the trunk brake light. Love em!Finished packing her for a 2200 mile therapy vacation. Put another coat of F11 on her (also good therapy). Everyone be safe out there, remember rubber side down.

·
Registered
2,624 Posts
Who do you guys get to remove the cats? Does it cause any issues for tag renewals?
I had mine done by Mike Woolwine. I had it done after my last tag renewal in Germany, and renewing my FL tag when I get back does not require an emissions inspection.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

·
Rider
1,141 Posts
Getting that wheel out is not bad, wish you didn't have to remove the pipes to do it. Putting the damn thing back in and getting it aligned is a pita if you are ocd about getting that belt straight!
Even getting the pipes off was not a problem. I've had them off before when installing TABS. The belt alignment issue has always plagued me. Really the adjusters do not need to be moved, so looks like the belt should go back on in the same position, but this will give me a good chance to align the belt again (maybe better than it was before).

I watched the one video where you pull out the top pin and drop the suspension down, and therefore did not have to pull the mufflers. I decided pulling the mufflers would be alright, and also give me more working room.

--
Gordon

·
Registered
133 Posts
Who do you guys get to remove the cats? Does it cause any issues for tag renewals?
Had my local dealer swap the stock exhaust for Rinehart Slimline Duals and slip-ons, cat went with them.

No emissions testing for motorcycles in AZ, so ... :)

·
Registered
585 Posts
Local dealer did mine, too with the stage 1 "upgrade". Yea the exhaust wasn't loud enough for me, so I put Tab Zombies on it. Love it so much now! Still got the stage one slip ons that need a good home!

·
Registered
231 Posts
It’s been quite a while since I last posted something. The fact is that with Brazil turning into the global Covid epicenter I haven’t rode much. Practically not leavin home at all. Took my mandatory vacation but stayed at home working on some personal projects.

Well... let me share my vacation project for my Roadmaster.

I bought on an online garage sale a few months ago a “partial” Concert saddlebag audio kit.

It wasn’t complete: it came with wrong speakers (5” instead of 6”), the RH saddlebag harness was missing and the left harness was cut out (gladly the amp section was intact - only the speaker wires were cut) (Note: it seems that the AI in the forum/tapatalk decided to censor this photo as NSFW, maybe they mistaken my fingers for some female body part or cleavage, whatever - but the picture is SFW, it's just my fingers holding two cut wires).

Sensitive content, not recommended for those under 18 Show Content

However the speaker grilles/twitters and the amplifier came, along with some other stuff. Kit also had the manual which worked as a general guideline.

I needed to 3D print some missing parts, like the speaker gaskets and the RH saddlebag cable grommet (used flexible filament - TPU - for those parts).

The saddlebag lids I bought from a friend who started his stereo project but gave up. Gladly they were brand new and the same color as my bike.

Speakers are standard six-inches, up to the mounting holes pattern.

As I didn’t know if the amplifier was good, I bought the cheapest 6 inch I could source locally just for testing purposes. They are three-way speakers from Bravox which costed me less than USD 20 a pair, brand new. Those will be replaced for something better later.

After studying the manual and the harnesses I had at hand it was really simple. The RH saddlebag harness is nothing more than the two speaker wires. So I made a new harness and used an automotive connector (derivated from the kit’s under seat harness - kept the stock plug of the harness in place in the event I ever put my hands on an original RH harness) to plug it in

Also had some wire harness covers/conduits left over from a 3D printer upgrade so I made the new harness look more “stocky”

Today I finally finished assembling everything and decided to test it out... and everything worked just fine.

The speakers I used are rubbish (no bass at all, all treble) but later on I will try to get some decent ones for their place. But definetely the setup is LOUD.

I still need the splitter to plug back the tourpak, I ordered it (unbelievably they were in local stock) and it’s due to arrive later this week.

The important thing: my pet project worked out just fine.

·
Registered
585 Posts
Wow very nice! I like the same color tank console, and those speakers look good! I got a few things ready to go on my trip south. Rewired up my P3 tail lights to my load isolator. I couldn't make it make a fault and make the chassis triangle warning light come on like it had been doing. The P3s were tapped to the stock brake wires. Originally I bought the unit to be turn signals as well but never had them wired. Wired them to the turns also on the isolator. And I tried to strap my little Coleman cooler on the left side passenger floorboard, but it's just too clumsy and clunky to strap on to it and have the lid work. Maybe I'll drill through it and put some little hooks on it to figure out a way to get it mounted there, or make a base and remove the floorboard and tap in to the existing mount after I get back. The can on the right side is close to my leg when I sit, and I can barely feel it with my leg down standing the bike upright. Was wondering if the cooler on the left would take up too much space. I'll find out later. A few pics with these old leather straps I got off the Sportsmans Guide years and years ago. Had them since my first bike back in 2008 my Suzuki Intruder. Then on my VTX. These straps have strapped guns and swords and packages and bags just about everything on to my motorcycles over the years. Got them crossed underneath and above so there's no way they can slip from beneath the board or on the can. It's solid on the board. It does move up and down with the board if I move it. Have to see if it will jump on the road any. I guess I can take another strap and tie down the handle to the bar if necessary.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I’ve installed the same Steel Gray console on my 2016 RM. It took some getting used to the looks. I think the original chrome looks much nicer, but on full sunny days I appreciate the lack of sunlight reflection that is blinding at times with the original chrome version.

I was at my dealer and seen they had the painted console on the clearance parts table. No surprise really - it’s a 2 year color for the RM only. I purchased mine for $90 plus tax. Just curious - How much did you have to pay for yours?

·
Founding member / Distinguished
3,619 Posts
She will be put all together tomorrow. Aside from badging, and Vin, I've now completed my conversion. Do you guys think she qualify for posts to this topic now?

Sent from my SM-G998U1 using Tapatalk
Looks beautiful, that red really pops. Also a big fan of color matching the headlight benzel. The original chrome one looks too much like plastic chrome (which it is). Dean

·
Founding member / Distinguished
3,619 Posts
View attachment 629543

I picked up the Steel Gray console for a song during Indian’s close out sale.
Not sure how much I like it yet. I’ll give it some time to grow on me.
Well at least it won't show the finger prints as bad as the chrome one does. Dean

Reactions: MilwDave

·
Bronze member
2,034 Posts
I’ve installed the same Steel Gray console on my 2016 RM. It took some getting used to the looks. I think the original chrome looks much nicer, but on full sunny days I appreciate the lack of sunlight reflection that is blinding at times with the original chrome version.

I was at my dealer and seen they had the painted console on the clearance parts table. No surprise really - it’s a 2 year color for the RM only. I purchased mine for $90 plus tax. Just curious - How much did you have to pay for yours?
It was $77.50 minus the PGA discount which was 25% on the order I placed.
I agree on the reduction in glare.
I would have also bought the Steel Gray inner dash but for whatever reason Indian had chosen not to include the auxiliary light cover panels or the access door on the right side. So it’s little wonder they have them sitting unsold.

·
Registered
39 Posts
It was $77.50 minus the PGA discount which was 25% on the order I placed.
I agree on the reduction in glare.
I would have also bought the Steel Gray inner dash but for whatever reason Indian had chosen not to include the auxiliary light cover panels or the access door on the right side. So it’s little wonder they have them sitting unsold.
Where did you find the painted inner dash panel? I’ve looked in the past and couldn’t find any

·
Registered
585 Posts
Rode it the last 3 hours home from my 1500 mile round trip down and then back up I-95 SE PA to near Savannah Ga. Was great to set the cruise control at 80 and still make 40 MPG! Didn't have a big load on it, besides myself haha! What an amazing bike. The Zombies sound so good on it. And since the Indian dealer was closed on Sunday near Pooler, I went to the HD dealer since they were still open. I figured I'd at least get to go see something while I was there. Sure enough, there was a big gathering going on. A Christian Motorcycle Riders Group was there. They were nice enough to even bless my Indian, too. I got a sticker and one of their members even gave me a small wooden cross. Lots of nice people there, glad I was able to experience that, and see it and be part of it. Despite no one wanting to park next to me! There was a nice looking Springfield there, and I saw another Indian come in, then leave shortly after. And talked to one of the sales guys there too. Super nice and explained all the difference between the Harleys that I never knew about the models they had there on the floor. Great trip, great experience, minimal rain which was lucky, and up to 7700 miles!

·
Rider
808 Posts
Well, I said goodbye to her as they uncrated my ‘21 Thunder Black Challenger Dark Horse. 4 fabulous riding seasons 50k miles 32 states 4 coast to coast trips. Won’t be picking up the new bike for a couple of weeks or so account it’s still winter here.

Attachments

1841 - 1860 of 1869 Posts