Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1821 - 1840 of 1869 Posts

·
Registered
585 Posts
Wired up some new lights to the isolator. Instead of the ones I had put on recently, these are more slim line and so far, functioning better I think. Can't upload any video I guess, but so far so good. Ordered some fork lights off Amazon. Removed the zip ties, and just stuck them on the front and side of the leg fairing. They are about 5 inches long. And put some silicone in each end where the zip tie went through to keep water out. Will see how they last.

·
Bronze member
2,034 Posts

I have had a Corbin Dual Tourer seat for the last four years and love it. Even new it had far more cushion to it then the old stiff when new Corbin seats I had purchased for my bikes for twenty five years. But this new Corbin Solo seat I had made over the winter is far more padded and comfortable than any Corbin seat I’ve ever owned. I can only guess that the advancements in foam technology have finally come to Corbin. No more1,000-1,500 break-in period with these new seats.

·
Registered
2021 Indian Roadmaster
67 Posts

·
German Rider
1,678 Posts
Just cleaned an polished the windshield of my Roadmaster and wifeys Scout. No riding weather, windshield was cover with killed flys, bug and everything else from the he last ride.

Cu,
Sven

·
Founding member
1,014 Posts
Getting ready is always good, Demolition Man! :) I know the 'PULL' you felt getting around those bikes. I feel it every time I get near mine. Hopefully you'll have good riding weather soon.

·
Rider
1,141 Posts

Decided to remove my own wheel, taking it down to the dealer to install a new tire.
Removal went very easy, hope the install goes just as good.

--
Gordon

·
Registered
585 Posts
Took a few pics. Having made some comments about the gas can on the RM. And a few other pics.

The gas can looks like it can easily sit on the passenger foot board, and secured with bungees or rok straps. This style can will get almost all the gas out of it with the position of the filling port on the tank. it's just a gallon one I got off Amazon. Or sit it on the passenger seat and strap it in. Possibly on the trunk luggage rack. I could get it good and secure there, too. Looks like a good 4 point set up in the 4 inside corners of the rack for a bungee or rok strap. Got lots of rok straps, they work great! The ones I use that are over the passenger seat, I use to put over my half cover, just to help keep it from flapping so much when it's sitting outside when it's really windy.

Just a front view I had it on while I was downloading some "slow ride" footage from my cameras.

And does anyone know what this is? It was wired up on my Honda. I thought a resistor, but I don't know. I pulled it out when I put all LED signals turn signals with an electronic flasher. Never had any issues with them not flashing with the electronic flasher. No wires or anything to plug in to on the open end opposite the end with the wires coming out of it. Just a shrink wrap around whatever it's wrapped around.

Put this new light on just under the bottom of the trunk. Drilled a hole for the little mounting clamps to hold it in place. So it will be easy to take off if the trunk comes off for anything. It's a red low intensity running light. Then brighter intensity with the brake. And you wire up the flowing turn signals that starts on one end of the bar to the other. In these pics, the left signal is on, and it's flowing from the right to the left. Looks like the one on the saddle bag is just a little slow, but it's on in the other pics, it's not a flowing light. I like how bright it is. It also has a white light that the product description says it's a "reserve" and then "reverse" function. I guess you'd have to wire the white light to a switch or some other way to have it on. I don't imagine the white light can be rear facing. It's quite bright. I am impressed with the brightness of this bar. And like the yellow flow.

·
Registered
2,624 Posts
Took a few pics. Having made some comments about the gas can on the RM. And a few other pics.

The gas can looks like it can easily sit on the passenger foot board, and secured with bungees or rok straps. This style can will get almost all the gas out of it with the position of the filling port on the tank. it's just a gallon one I got off Amazon. Or sit it on the passenger seat and strap it in. Possibly on the trunk luggage rack. I could get it good and secure there, too. Looks like a good 4 point set up in the 4 inside corners of the rack for a bungee or rok strap. Got lots of rok straps, they work great! The ones I use that are over the passenger seat, I use to put over my half cover, just to help keep it from flapping so much when it's sitting outside when it's really windy.
View attachment 629286
View attachment 629287 View attachment 629288
Just a front view I had it on while I was downloading some "slow ride" footage from my cameras.
View attachment 629289
And does anyone know what this is? It was wired up on my Honda. I thought a resistor, but I don't know. I pulled it out when I put all LED signals turn signals with an electronic flasher. Never had any issues with them not flashing with the electronic flasher. No wires or anything to plug in to on the open end opposite the end with the wires coming out of it. Just a shrink wrap around whatever it's wrapped around.
View attachment 629290
Put this new light on just under the bottom of the trunk. Drilled a hole for the little mounting clamps to hold it in place. So it will be easy to take off if the trunk comes off for anything. It's a red low intensity running light. Then brighter intensity with the brake. And you wire up the flowing turn signals that starts on one end of the bar to the other. In these pics, the left signal is on, and it's flowing from the right to the left. Looks like the one on the saddle bag is just a little slow, but it's on in the other pics, it's not a flowing light. I like how bright it is. It also has a white light that the product description says it's a "reserve" and then "reverse" function. I guess you'd have to wire the white light to a switch or some other way to have it on. I don't imagine the white light can be rear facing. It's quite bright. I am impressed with the brightness of this bar. And like the yellow flow.
View attachment 629291 View attachment 629292 View attachment 629293
I wouldn't strap the can on the right side. My wife said that her foot and leg get really hot, before I removed the cat.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
533 Posts
I would love to see an RM with this paint job with the warbonnet logo ghosted into the gas tank.

what is the name of that colour? It’s beautiful!

·
Premium Member
444 Posts
View attachment 629240

Decided to remove my own wheel, taking it down to the dealer to install a new tire.
Removal went very easy, hope the install goes just as good.

--
Gordon
Getting that wheel out is not bad, wish you didn't have to remove the pipes to do it. Putting the damn thing back in and getting it aligned is a pita if you are ocd about getting that belt straight!

·
Registered
585 Posts
I wouldn't strap the can on the right side. My wife said that her foot and leg get really hot, before I removed the cat.
I have had the cat removed. But after, is the foot and leg so hot? I don't think it would get too hot there to cause any issues. The floorboard should help to shield it against any rising heat. But being in motion should help keep the heat down, too.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I have had the cat removed. But after, is the foot and leg so hot? I don't think it would get too hot there to cause any issues. The floorboard should help to shield it against any rising heat. But being in motion should help keep the heat down, too.
Who do you guys get to remove the cats? Does it cause any issues for tag renewals?

1821 - 1840 of 1869 Posts