Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1801 - 1820 of 1869 Posts

·
German Rider
1,678 Posts
Received my aftermarket driver backrest today.
Aftermarket price = 95€ vs. 720€ original from Indian.

Screenshot_2021-03-09-17-47-02-941_com.google.android.apps.photos_1.jpg

Screenshot_2021-03-09-17-47-07-169_com.google.android.apps.photos_1.jpg

Screenshot_2021-03-09-17-46-57-067_com.google.android.apps.photos.jpg

Cu,
Sven

·
German Rider
1,678 Posts
Hi Sven

where from?
I bought it from a company in germany.

They also hot a Special offer Promo Code for 25% Off when I ordered it.
Actually they offer 10% Off, but they will repeat those specials regulary.

Cu,
Sven

·
Registered
585 Posts
I got mine up on the Harbor Freight special and use some roller hockey pucks and a piece of 1x4 to avoid all the sensitive stuff under there. Once in the air it was solid. I used the straps on the handlebars to keep them from turning with the front wheel off the ground. It felt really solid on the lift once I got it in the air and would have been content without the straps if I wasn't doing the wheels. Bought some wheel cleaner which I had intended to use on my POV as well today that is winter road grime color now. But the Roadmaster took a little longer than anticipated to get done with the wheels. I may seriously think about getting a solid rim wheel and powdercoat it the same color as the bike. Whoever designed these wheels, must never have intended to clean them. Anyways, just the before pics, I forgot the after pics it was already getting dark after the pledge bath and I wanted to check the oil. What a joke and ridiculous act that was. But knocked off 5500 miles of road grime and recent winter road conditions from the wheels and tires and the pipes under the bags. That's how many miles I'm up to since the end of May last year when I got it. And may be looking at another 1500 mile trip coming up in about a month. From near Philadelphia down to Pooler GA. "Robert Simmons Paying it Forward" hosts a slow speed motorcycle riding course I'd like to go down to. As well as visit my friends down near there. You can easily search him on YouTube. That's his channel's name. He posts the training sessions. He's a former motor officer and shares his knowledge of what he was taught at no cost to the attendee!

I was anxious to start spraying the wheels down, and forgot to start at the back haha. So I ended up laying in a little bit of water at the end. I rolled the lift around a little bit in the garage with the motorcycle elevated to see how it rolled. It's heavy, but doable. I pushed it out first, and then lifted it on this surface which is more coarse than the garage floor.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Removed the stage 1 Indian oval paper filter assembly then pulled off the engine blowby tube that goes to the air cleaner went to NAPA and got a four ft hose that will take oil and gas, think he said 5/8, ran that up into the frame where the engine was pulling air, then out the front then down below the kick stand.
Tired of that little bit of oil pooling in the filter housing and saturating 1/4 of the paper filter effectively plugging and costing me 75 dollar air filters. And running with 5 instead of 5.5 quarts of oil when i change oil.

·
Premium Member
533 Posts
Reactions: longbow

·
Registered
585 Posts

·
Registered
248 Posts
I added a list of goodies to my RM.
- Indian Adaptive headlight. I love the looks of it even in the day light. I wanted the halo in the headlight as well as the war bonnet to be lighted so i spliced on a different connector so it will just plug into the extra 12v plug in the fairing. Easy $7 dollar fix. I also made splitter for that plug in the fairing because the Badlands front turn signal module also uses that plug.

• Badlands front turn signal module to turn the turn signals into running lights along with turn signals. The more light on the front the better.
  • Picked up a Wheel Dock to make life much easier
  • Kuryakyn rear strip brake/tail lights. I love the way they look and should make me much more visible from the rear. 🤞

• Kuryakyn passenger highway pegs. We had something similar on the Royal Star and the wife loved them. Now there is no going back to not having any.
  • Added a jumper lead to the battery so i can jump start the bike without tearing the whole thing down to get to the battery. It fits my jumper pack. I havent needed to yet, but now i am prepared. 3D printed a little plug to cap the end off. The wire stays tucked behind the side cover when not in use.

- Also added a Custom Dynamics rear brake modulator to the trunk brake light. Now it flashes a pattern for 6 seconds before going solid. I dont have a pic of that though since the trunk is off.

I think that all makes me ready for the riding season. The snow and mud just barely broke here, and i finally got out for a ride. It was in the 50's and sunshine so it was a beautiful ride. Only 25 miles or so, but man it felt good.

·
Rider
808 Posts
Bittersweet moment in history. Had to trailer her (through the latest blizzard) 480 miles to the dealer. Trade in on a ‘21 Dark Horse Thunder Black Smoke Challenger. ‘17 RM just shy of 50k Miles. Great Bike, 30 states 4 times coast to coast in 4 summers. So I’m bikeless for a month or so. But I’m just like a kid on Christmas Eve lol. I’ve ordered the tour pack, Power Band Audio Plus package, crash bars, close outs, stage 1 AC/exhaust, Path Finder lights etc... for the Challenger.

Attachments

·
Rider
808 Posts
I'm saying welcome home to a new to me 2018 Roadmaster Elite with 1,000 miles on it this coming week and handing my little Bro the keys to my 2017 with 4500 miles on it as a birthday present tomorrow.

Besides Santa.........who I ask you gives the best gifts???
Well Yeah lol, ‘17 and ‘18 models that haven’t made it past the 1st oil change. There definitely is a Santa Claus.

1801 - 1820 of 1869 Posts