Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1741 - 1760 of 1764 Posts

·
Registered
496 Posts
I'm not the tallest rider either. But maybe I was so used to being buffeted so much from my Honda I just got used to it. The big Switchblade that was on there was pretty decent. But maybe I'm just immune to it? Interested to see if it will cause any different reaction to the rain coming over the top of the leg fairing, too.

Reactions: TwoWheelin

·
Registered
198 Posts
I omitted the pics from post #1730 in the quote to keep it short.

Wow! That seat looks super wide now! Looks comfy. I just sent mine off today to have some more work done on it. Working a couple days and driving since it's supposed to rain, and then I have some time off hopefully it will be back by the end of next week to start riding again! Also hoping this will be the last iteration to get it dialed in and good to go. It's close!

The logo looks good too! Now I have to figure out how to get my fairing chrome cover off. I need to try and trap the nut on the inside it's free spinning and some how got stripped in there. I guess I'll have some time to figure it out waiting for my seat. My RM is the same color and that looks nice on the front like that! Nicely painted. I used to drive an old GMC Sonoma I put some Corvette Rally rims on. It looked good, so I painted the old school GMC logo on the little metal hub caps after I painted it black since the plastic pop on center pieces wouldn't fit on the front.
It isn't quite as wide as a Russell, but it is quite a bit wider than stock. And man is it comfy now? it is wider than my hind end so i definitely sit "in" the seat now. I had him build me a pocket to sit in as that is definitely what is missing on the stock saddle. I felt like i was always sitting on top of the saddle and it was just uncomfortable after an hour. Plus zero lumbar support for me on the stocker. I have always changed my seats to Mustang seat on all other bikes, mostly because of the pocket they put in and the slight lumbar support. They always just worked like magic for me. The Bun Burner 1500 i did a couple of years ago was on a Mustang seat, and i dont remember the seat really hurting me. But since Mustang heated seats for the Roadmaster are a grand, and not even close to matching the tan, i just had this one rebuilt to my liking.

And please give us a review on the wind deflectors and let us know if they really make that much of a difference. I have always been curious.

·
Registered
496 Posts
It is like riding on a horse saddle or banana for me. The front part sticks up too far, and it's uncomfortable for too long. I sent it back so they can build it up higher a bit more and I think not put anything more on the front. As high as it can go with the stock seat cover. But hopefully this will be the last time! Interested to see how the deflectors are too.

·
Registered
496 Posts
Got my seat back yesterday, and it feels pretty good. Got the wind deflectors on and took a ride down the freeway yesterday but I'll have to have some more time to get a feel for it I'll try to ride it every day with them on for a week, then take them off for a week or some time period and see how they feel. Seems the leg buffeting I would feel from between the lower leg fairings and the engine has been changed slightly. Can't tell any difference for any upper buffeting on the helmet or chest or upper body for the time being. Still need to do more riding. Did some low speed turning maneuvers and U Turns in a parking lot in town. And I gave it a Pledge bath when I got back, too.

And I forgot I put a new 2032 keyfob battery in.

·
Registered
496 Posts
I'd be interested to see the difference between the JW Speaker adaptive headlight and this one. I got the JW before Indian came out with this one. And I know many others did too. I like the JW, it does what it's advertised to do. I wish the color temperature was a little bit of a white. It looks a little below 6000k but it's still good and bright. And the riding lights also light up pretty good.

Wish I could get mine out of the garage the recent nor'easter is still laying on the ground my driveway doesn't get a lot of sun. To the store for some ice melt and maybe tomorrow it will be better. Not supposed to be freezing during the day this week so hopefully it will go away.

I did start it up tonight while I was trying to chip away at the compact snow and ice I had to drive on to get out for work. Sounds so good! Want to ride!

·
Registered
59 Posts
I'd be interested to see the difference between the JW Speaker adaptive headlight and this one. I got the JW before Indian came out with this one. And I know many others did too. I like the JW, it does what it's advertised to do. I wish the color temperature was a little bit of a white. It looks a little below 6000k but it's still good and bright. And the riding lights also light up pretty good.

Wish I could get mine out of the garage the recent nor'easter is still laying on the ground my driveway doesn't get a lot of sun. To the store for some ice melt and maybe tomorrow it will be better. Not supposed to be freezing during the day this week so hopefully it will go away.

I did start it up tonight while I was trying to chip away at the compact snow and ice I had to drive on to get out for work. Sounds so good! Want to ride!
I know the feeling. I had back surgery in September, so even though I COULD ride here in Texas, my doc hasn't cleared me to do so yet.

I was going to get the JW Speaker until Indian came out with theirs. They're about the same price, so I figured why not get something specifically made for the bike. I wouldn't be surprised if JWS made them for Indian.

·
Registered
496 Posts
I know the feeling. I had back surgery in September, so even though I COULD ride here in Texas, my doc hasn't cleared me to do so yet.

I was going to get the JW Speaker until Indian came out with theirs. They're about the same price, so I figured why not get something specifically made for the bike. I wouldn't be surprised if JWS made them for Indian.
Yea they look different in the front. But possible I guess. That looks just like my RM! What is the fur? cover you have on the seat? I just put out a bunch of ice melt out to help things along outside the garage. The sun is out too so that's nice. May get a couple hours of sun on it. Not supposed to be freezing during the day. Nice day to ride, the parking lot I like to go to for U turns is all clear and plowed. Just big snow piles is all. Drove to the store today and when I came back it's pretty clear at the street level. Just about 40 feet worth of compact snow and ice to get rid of so I can get my RM out.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Okay dokay.

Got tired of the brown color I dyed my seat last year. Decided to do something different now.

Went for this lighter color (reminds me of the leather seats from my wife’s Chevy Cruze).

Did it both on the RM stock seat and aggregates as well as in the Chief seat I use to cruise around town (lower stance). The Chief seat was stock black, and the RM was already dyed in brown as shown below:

New color is this (both seats shown). Also did the sissybar pad and the rider backrest pad.

I’ll leave them to dry properly and will but them back on the bike in two or three days.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Hi Team, quick question and advice.
I have purchased an Arnotts Air Shockie for my 2020 Roadmaster, i was having a look where the compressor is attached underneath in front of the rear wheel and notice there was a cylindrical item already there.
Does anyone know what it is, and more importantly is it essential or can it be removed so i can install the compressor.

Thanks in advance for you help

·
Registered
223 Posts
Okay, so I really took the chance that the bike’s seat was out and finally installed my S&S air cleaner.

Looks cool, heh? Better be. It was a major PITA to install. Parts from the kit wouldn’t even fit into themselves. Had to take them to adjust threads. Even made a topic about it:

S&S Air Cleaner for TS111/116 - Nothing but frustration! (quality control issues)

Quality control dropped a lot, never had so much trouble with one of their products (and I did install quite a few of their air cleaners back when I had Harleys).

I won’t ever recommend an S&S product ever again.

·
Registered
496 Posts
Went to the parking lot and had some time in the friction zone.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Forgot to post the pics of the finished seat (after applying the new color) on the bike.

Didn’t put on the stock RM seat, though. I’ll ride in this configuration (Chief seat with tourpak) for a while to see how it goes. It’s better at least in low speed maneuvering and pulling the bike back and forth (for example in my parking spot). Still to check if the new riding stance will serve me in longer rides (and most important: what the wife will say about the narrower pillion seat - at least the looks of the “renewed” seat she enjoyed ).

Forgot to put the rider backrest on, will put it back the next time I go out for a spin.

Following, a decent pic of the new air cleaner.

Oh, and I replaced the rear shock valve stem. Hopefully that will solve the air leak I was facing.

1741 - 1760 of 1764 Posts