Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1721 - 1740 of 1929 Posts

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
I put the 116 bbk in there.

Reactions: ReBorn

·
Bronze member
2,109 Posts
Check out the Thread, overall very pleased, nice quiet (non-clacking) engine, lots of torque, sounds great!

upgraded the fork springs, new brake pads, KST Apache Baggers Bars (love them - so much more comfortable over stock), love the quick shifter!

View attachment 613549
The best part of my Stage 3 upgrade was it eliminated the clacking which was not only real but had me thinking of trading out of the bike.

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
The best part of my Stage 3 upgrade was it eliminated the clacking which was not only real but had me thinking of trading out of the bike.
That’s interesting. My stage 3 also got rid of goofy engine noises. It now operates silky smooth and has real punch.

Reactions: MilwDave

·
Registered
653 Posts
I got some "deer whistles". Never hit one on my Honda when I had them on. Lets hope that trend continues. I have seen 5 or 6 hit and dead deer on the shoulder areas on the freeway in this area recently. I know it's hunting season so they must be getting pushed around a lot. Going to mount them somewhere. Any recommendations?

·
Bronze member
2,109 Posts
I got some "deer whistles". Never hit one on my Honda when I had them on. Lets hope that trend continues. I have seen 5 or 6 hit and dead deer on the shoulder areas on the freeway in this area recently. I know it's hunting season so they must be getting pushed around a lot. Going to mount them somewhere. Any recommendations?

View attachment 613568
Placebos

·
Registered
653 Posts
Well I put them on the right side of the fork, stuck them to the reflector. Will see if they stay!

I think my next project will be some home made mud flaps with fringe.

·
Registered
653 Posts
That's a good question. I don't have any leather scraps large enough to have it hang down too far. I was going to make mine with fringe. I imagine it's more for looks and nostalgia than actually functioning as a mudflap. Maybe someone that has a longer solid flap can comment on it.

Reactions: minnesotasnowman

·
Registered
147 Posts
Finally got my baby back from the dealer! Took a few weeks to get the new VCM, and while we waited, the other parts came in. So today it came home with the Stage 2 cams, throttle body and injectors, the Reinhart headers and slip-ons, and the VooDoo air cleaner kit. Looks, sound, and feels like a whole new bike.

Can't wait to hook up the PV3 ... :)

·
Registered
102 Posts
Rather than buying a toy hauler I went another route, the Loadall system. Loaded it yesterday, a little intimidating at first going up. Worked like a champ, camping and riding trip in two weeks. Social distancing.
I once drove a motorcycle up a ramp into the back of a Hertz-Penske moving truck. Came within a few millimeters of losing my head. Yours is a much wiser solution.

·
Registered
402 Posts
Several years ago my brother-in-law installed some deer whistles. Within a week he hit a deer on his way home from work one night. I just remember him saying "I'll be damned! They do work!" Never knew anybody else to use them.

·
Registered
653 Posts
Finally got my seat back from the rebuilder. What a huge difference from stock! Also thought I would paint the Indian script on the headlamp bezel over the Thanksgiving break. It turned out pretty nice.
I omitted the pics from post #1730 in the quote to keep it short.

Wow! That seat looks super wide now! Looks comfy. I just sent mine off today to have some more work done on it. Working a couple days and driving since it's supposed to rain, and then I have some time off hopefully it will be back by the end of next week to start riding again! Also hoping this will be the last iteration to get it dialed in and good to go. It's close!

The logo looks good too! Now I have to figure out how to get my fairing chrome cover off. I need to try and trap the nut on the inside it's free spinning and some how got stripped in there. I guess I'll have some time to figure it out waiting for my seat. My RM is the same color and that looks nice on the front like that! Nicely painted. I used to drive an old GMC Sonoma I put some Corvette Rally rims on. It looked good, so I painted the old school GMC logo on the little metal hub caps after I painted it black since the plastic pop on center pieces wouldn't fit on the front.

·
Registered
653 Posts
I got some of the wind deflectors and put them on. Seat is off and won't be able to get back on it til the end of the upcoming week probably. But a short YT vid of the install. Super easy on the RM, evidently!

·
Registered
2021 Indian Roadmaster
69 Posts
I got some of the wind deflectors and put them on. Seat is off and won't be able to get back on it til the end of the upcoming week probably. But a short YT vid of the install. Super easy on the RM, evidently!

Thanks for posting this! I been looking at the same JES deflectors for my RM. I'm a short rider and get a lot of buffeting that about blows my glasses off coming from up under the fairing. Please follow up and let me know how much of a difference you think they make if any.

1721 - 1740 of 1929 Posts