Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1681 - 1700 of 1728 Posts

·
Premium Member
269 Posts
I finally got my Indian Mid Rise bars put on.

Long story but finding bars for 2017 and earlier isn't so easy. My local dealer didn't have any and Indian didn't have any and didn't know when they'd be back in stock. On the corporate site, I saw a nearby dealer had them so I called and ordered them and asked they be shipped to my dealer for install.

Tuesday comes and I bring my bike in and they started on the swap. 2 hours in they realize they received 2018 and newer bars. My invoice shows the correct part number but the box is clearly marked 2018 and up with that part number. I called the other dealer to see what was up, and they sent the wrong box, my bars were sitting there. It took the entire rest of the day to reassemble my bike since they put the tech on another bike. To be fair, my dealer is awesome and they offered me a loaner bike for a few days if I wanted to leave my bike there.

The other dealer ships the correct bars and I go in this morning. I thought it was a 3 hour job... Not so much. I was there over 7 hours. Doesn't matter, it is what it is and the job is done. I don't think there's anything left for me to do to the bike.

·
Registered
190 Posts
So I got my ‘16 RM an “old new” companion.

This ‘16 Scout was my first Indian, I sold it about one and a half year ago, the guy who purchased never did the ownership transfer, and now I had the opportunity to get her back (with a proper discount).

The best part is that I won’t have to deal with the DMV to transfer the papers back to me. Officially speaking and according to local laws, it never left my legal property.

That pic is actually old, it’s from when I sold it the first time. Back then it had a little over 1200mi on it, now it has a little over 2K miles. And along with the good price I “paid back” on it (obviously WAY less than what I sold it almost two years ago) I still got an original Indian mesh jacket (I already had one so I will keep the new one for my wife), a pair of saddlebags, a new battery (installed one month ago) and a full service made in the same trusted mechanic that works on my Roadmaster. The only reason I didn’t take updated pics is because the bike is dirty as hell, as it was in the garage (without covers) for the last two and a half months.

Now, it’s “two Indians” back again.

Edit: now that the Scout is properly presentable again (it was stopped for nearly three months with no cover and gathering dust) here are my two beauties reunited:

·
Rider
1,043 Posts
The other dealer ships the correct bars and I go in this morning. I thought it was a 3 hour job... Not so much. I was there over 7 hours. Doesn't matter, it is what it is and the job is done. I don't think there's anything left for me to do to the bike.
What went wrong? Hope you didn't pay for all of those 7hrs. Unless it was something you did to your bike that made them take that long?

Or were they just finishing up work on another bike before they were able to get to yours?

·
Premium Member
269 Posts
What went wrong? Hope you didn't pay for all of those 7hrs. Unless it was something you did to your bike that made them take that long?

Or were they just finishing up work on another bike before they were able to get to yours?
The tech was on the bike for the entire time as far as I know. No idea if that is normal or if the guy was just taking his time. He did say he had to reroute the clutch cable but I don’t think that would need that much additional time.

The didn’t have me pay for the entire time. Just the 3 hours and I bought the shop a couple cases of beer

·
Registered
41 Posts
Finally got my 500 mile service done at 600 miles. Glad that's out of the way, Still waiting on the Reinharts to arrive, but in the meantime I need to get out on the road ...

·
Registered
64 Posts
Gave my Roadmaster a last ride to the new owner's house. He and his wife will enjoy and take care of it.

·
Registered
1,836 Posts

·
Registered
430 Posts
LOVE the Tab Zombies on mine! I just got some lights for mine. Additional marker and turn signal lights. I already have some Skene P3 tail lights on it, but I'd like to have a turn signal on the side of the saddle bag, and I think on the front and side of the leg fairings. So I'll do a partial wrap around the back corners of the saddle bags and wire them to running and turn signal for amber color. They are supposed to be the switcharounds or whatever it's called. They have white and amber colors. So amber only for the rear. Then for the front I'll wire the white light to a hot wire, and the amber for the turn signal. And wrap it partially around the front and side of the leg fairing. We shall see how they work. It's a good looking plan on paper, anyways. More later.

·
Registered
430 Posts
I feel like every time I cold start it, that happens! lol

·
Registered
696 Posts
I feel like every time I cold start it, that happens! lol
I’ve only heard them in person once. I’ve got Indian stage ones on mine (shhhhh). Those genuinely caught me off guard. They’re shocking in real life.

Reactions: ebigfish

·
Registered
430 Posts
I've said it once and I'll say it again for the benefit of others thinking about the Tabs and zombies that come across this post. Regarding the sound of them, it is a nice deep sound, I think. But everyones ears are different. For me they are great. I always ride with ear plugs in anyways. At highway speeds cruising 60+ between 2000 and 3000 rpm, they are not bad at all. Not loud but you can still hear them and know the bike and motor is running. I don't have any trouble hearing the stereo at all. But if you roll on it on the freeway, whoever is next to you is going to hear it. So will you. They are loud when you do a cold start, and get on the throttle. From a stop, shifting up through the gears on a wide open throttle is going to be the loudest and most roaring bam you have heard. And there are some that are even louder, too. But it's what I should have done from the beginning. A distinct difference from the stage 1s. I started with stage 1s, and wish I never wasted time with that sound wise. I knew the instant I pulled away from the dealer I wanted louder. And stock sound was not an option for me, I like louder! Still trying to get rid of the stage 1s, too.

·
Registered
696 Posts
I've said it once and I'll say it again for the benefit of others thinking about the Tabs and zombies that come across this post. Regarding the sound of them, it is a nice deep sound, I think. But everyones ears are different. For me they are great. I always ride with ear plugs in anyways. At highway speeds cruising 60+ between 2000 and 3000 rpm, they are not bad at all. Not loud but you can still hear them and know the bike and motor is running. I don't have any trouble hearing the stereo at all. But if you roll on it on the freeway, whoever is next to you is going to hear it. So will you. They are loud when you do a cold start, and get on the throttle. From a stop, shifting up through the gears on a wide open throttle is going to be the loudest and most roaring bam you have heard. And there are some that are even louder, too. But it's what I should have done from the beginning. A distinct difference from the stage 1s. I started with stage 1s, and wish I never wasted time with that sound wise. I knew the instant I pulled away from the dealer I wanted louder. And stock sound was not an option for me, I like louder! Still trying to get rid of the stage 1s, too.
I’m just glad I got my stage 1’s for 200 bucks. I wouldn’t have been happy paying full price. They’re the most okay sounding exhaust I’ve ever heard.

·
Registered
430 Posts
Well I thought I was going to be able to easily install these new lights I got. Turns out, I don't think it will be so easy for now. Since I am using the running light and turn signal module when I tie in to the turn signal wire the yellow starts to blink with no turn signal switch turned on since it already has power as a running light. So my plan on paper is to tie the front and rear in to the rear, so the turn signals will come on with the switch for all the lights while the front will still be able to be running white and turn yellow. Then for the rear they may just have to be used as turns since I don't think it cam be made to have the yellow be a yellow running light and yellow turn. But I am surprised at how bright these strips are. I just have them laying on top the leg fairings in this pic. They are about 12.5 inches long, and flexible. They have 3M sticky tape on them, so I was going to mount it horizontal just above the leg fairing vent door and wrap it around the front and have it follow the line of the "Roadmaster" chrome trim just below it touching it or something like that. My goal is to have some side visibility for the turn signal as well to be able to be seen at all angles. But to the back burner for the time being. The white light looks good for additional visibility. And they are a sequential turn signal, so it starts at one end and lights up across it yellow when activated.

Reactions: Sckness

·
Registered
171 Posts
Well I thought I was going to be able to easily install these new lights I got. Turns out, I don't think it will be so easy for now. Since I am using the running light and turn signal module when I tie in to the turn signal wire the yellow starts to blink with no turn signal switch turned on since it already has power as a running light. So my plan on paper is to tie the front and rear in to the rear, so the turn signals will come on with the switch for all the lights while the front will still be able to be running white and turn yellow. Then for the rear they may just have to be used as turns since I don't think it cam be made to have the yellow be a yellow running light and yellow turn. But I am surprised at how bright these strips are. I just have them laying on top the leg fairings in this pic. They are about 12.5 inches long, and flexible. They have 3M sticky tape on them, so I was going to mount it horizontal just above the leg fairing vent door and wrap it around the front and have it follow the line of the "Roadmaster" chrome trim just below it touching it or something like that. My goal is to have some side visibility for the turn signal as well to be able to be seen at all angles. But to the back burner for the time being. The white light looks good for additional visibility. And they are a sequential turn signal, so it starts at one end and lights up across it yellow when activated.
Those look cool. What are they? Mind sharing a link?

1681 - 1700 of 1728 Posts