Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1561 - 1577 of 1577 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
What are the dimensions of the bracket you used to relocate the Air Shock Valve? Do you lose any pressure due to the move?
It is a simple 2”x2” angle bracket from Lowe’s that I painted black. It is actually bigger than it needs to be but I didn’t have anything at that time to trim it down. Even at its current size it doesn’t affect anything so I’ll probably leave it alone. As far as air pressure loss I have not experienced any at all.

·
Registered
159 Posts
a few months ago I accidentally broke one of my Kuryakyn heat shields.

To be honest, until that day I never realized how they actually get the job done in deflecting the engine heat (probably I wouldn´t realize it if my exhaust hadn´t been cooler since I put on the true duals)... but riding without the heat shields I noticed increased heat on my legs (not much, but noticeable).

So, I went for knock-off parts from Aliexpress. They are exactly like the Kuryakyns I had before, with the exception of color (the Kuryakyns were sort of a translucid chrome-like, the new ones are a translucid gloss black).I like the black ones better.

before (you can barely see it but that´s the only pic I have of the older heatshields):

after (now darker, looks better on the bike, at least for my taste)):

Haven´t been riding since the pandemic started, that´s why I´m quite "away" from the forum recently. The bike was under the cover for the last 45 days. I´m working from home, so I´m not riding daily, and quite frankly I´m not in the mood to hit the road, with Brazilian hospitals crowded due to Covid-19. But everything is fine with my family, thank you.

Maybe tomorrow I´ll take a small ride to charge the battery and run the oil. I started it today and took a small spin inside the garage... so the battery is fine.

·
Founding member / Distinguished
2,778 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
1561 - 1577 of 1577 Posts