Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of August's Ride of the Month Challenge!
2321 - 2338 of 2338 Posts

·
Registered
2,346 Posts
@Lord Bard Prime dude they look and sound sick. I can hear a difference at idle for sure on your vid. There was a member selling a pair of those tips at a good price a while back. I still regret not snagging them. On the other hand I’d probably back them in to a curb… 😖

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
Haha well they are pretty awesome! Thanks! I'll have to listen again then to the vid! The first was a cold startup with the old tips. Then fired up again after the swap.

Reactions: Cameroni79

·
Registered
2017 Roadmaster - 2001 Honda Shadow 750 - 1975 Honda 550 Four
134 Posts
Got back out to the garage and got the new fish tips installed. I had seen pictures from many others who have these installed and they always look good in the pic. Just something about seeing them in person, makes them look really great! Out with the old, in with the new! There's also a link to a short YT vid, just the phone cam sitting next to it when it starts. I can't tell any difference with it sitting there, maybe I might notice something more out on the road sound-wise. And BTW, if you open the same vid twice in opposite tabs and you start them at the same time, makes it sound like a dragster at the quarter getting ready to go haha. But maybe the sound is too great for my phone and does it no justice. I played them both side by side, fast forwarding the other tab to the fish tips, and my ears don't hear anything different.
View attachment 697843
View attachment 697844
View attachment 697845
View attachment 697846
I wish i had your skills.

·
Premium Member
2,328 Posts
Had a Barnett clutch installed. Going to pick it up in a few minutes.

·
Registered
2022 Roadmaster Limited (Black Azure Crystal)
7 Posts
Well, not just what I did today for Black Betty (Bam-ba-lam), but what I've done for her over the past few weeks. I've installed:

Custom Dynamics LED saddlebag lights
Custom Dynamics Magic Strobes Brake Light Flasher
Tab Performance BAM Sticks w/ 2.5" louvered baffles
Pathfinder S Driving Lights & Mounts

On the to-do list:

Tab Performance Indian Thunderstroke 2-1-2 Headpipe, Pathfinder Adaptive LED Headlight, and Highway pegs.

p.s. I love Black Betty (Bam-ba-lam)

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
Lets see some pics! CD doesn't have as much for Indian as they do Harley, but what they do have is good stuff! Lets see! Got my plethora of lights all wired in to the Custom Dynamics Load Isolator or it wouldn't be possible on this Indian Canbus system.

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
Got my screws with a nice hex head for the exhaust tips. Took a while on the internet search, and couldn't find any without the slot in the thread size and pitch. They look nice and shiny and hopefully won't rust and hold up holding the tips on. The star pattern ones were all nasty and rusty and stripped out too easy. If and or when these fish tips come off, hopefully it will be a little easier.

Brown Font Wood Rectangle Metal

Reactions: VetteGuy

·
Premium Member
2016 Indian Roadmaster 120 Stroker
872 Posts
Towed my Roadmaster on a trailer to dealer for further investigation after it developed a god awful engine noise and oil light came on (and left me stranded on the side of the road for the 2nd time this summer). I am so done with this bike!

• Wow
Reactions: lugnut1009

·
Bronze member
2,469 Posts
Well, not just what I did today for Black Betty (Bam-ba-lam), but what I've done for her over the past few weeks. I've installed:

Custom Dynamics LED saddlebag lights
Custom Dynamics Magic Strobes Brake Light Flasher
Tab Performance BAM Sticks w/ 2.5" louvered baffles
Pathfinder S Driving Lights & Mounts

On the to-do list:

Tab Performance Indian Thunderstroke 2-1-2 Headpipe, Pathfinder Adaptive LED Headlight, and Highway pegs.

p.s. I love Black Betty (Bam-ba-lam)
I like CD lights a lot. How did you get the brake flasher to work since you don't have a dedicated brake light in the back? Thanks

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
Got the new stainless fasteners installed and that's about it. One of these days, I'll clean it.

Automotive lighting Hood Automotive tire Automotive design Motor vehicle

Shoe Automotive lighting Hood Automotive tire Motor vehicle

·
German Rider
2,509 Posts
Some impressions from the weekend.

The 6th Indian Motorcycle owners group meeting in Germany in Pullman City Harz :

Cu,
Sven

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
I got my module for my trunk light. Should be great in addition to the Skene lights I already have on there!!

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
Arrived from Custom Dynamics and in about 5 mins got it installed on setting #7 the blaster X full time setting. Super easy install, unplug stock, plug in the new. Figure out where to mount it. I think it will be out of the way there, with some sticky back velcro to hold it. My phone sounds were playing through the bluetooth haha. A short vid too.

Hood Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Trunk Vehicle

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
Got home and started wiping down the dust and stuff. The front suspension travels so far that it has hit my little camera that I mounted at the bottom of the front fairing. These ridiculous potholes around here are gonna break something. I don't know when or how but I remember a particularly bad one a few weeks ago I went to the city to get dinner and hit a nasty one I couldn't see in time in the city. But wow now I need to make sure it still works and see about another style camera to mount maybe. Of course it gouged the paint on the top of the fender.

Reactions: grankdog

·
Registered
2019 Roadmaster
35 Posts
Got home and started wiping down the dust and stuff. The front suspension travels so far that it has hit my little camera that I mounted at the bottom of the front fairing. These ridiculous potholes around here are gonna break something. I don't know when or how but I remember a particularly bad one a few weeks ago I went to the city to get dinner and hit a nasty one I couldn't see in time in the city. But wow now I need to make sure it still works and see about another style camera to mount maybe. Of course it gouged the paint on the top of the fender.
It's crazy how far those shocks compress. While you're riding you would never guess they were traveling that far.

On my previous bike I hung a tool bag under the headlight. There was more than 4" of clearance between the bag and fender so I figured that would be plenty of room. Went out for a long ride and came home to discover the bag had beat my fender into submission. Oof.

Before I bought my Indian I was looking at it in the owner's garage. I found a little ding right on top of the front fender. "Tool bag?" I asked the owner. "Ride bell," he replied.

2321 - 2338 of 2338 Posts