Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of August's Ride of the Month Challenge!
2301 - 2320 of 2338 Posts

·
Premium Member
2016 Indian Roadmaster 120 Stroker
872 Posts
Rode it 500 miles/800 km
Tire Wheel Sky Motor vehicle Automotive tire

·
German Rider
2,509 Posts
Just came back from my dealer. 24.000km service done. Oil and filter, brake fluid, inspection, etc. Total of 300€.
For german prices compared at other indian Dealerships and other brands also, that is cheap. If I buy the oil and filter alone by myself, I am already at 110€......

Cu,
Sven

·
Registered
41 Posts
Laid some paint protection film on the rear fender to back behind the seat bolt. One practice try and one final. My stock seat was leaving marks on the paint from the pads and the wiring harness was scuffing the paint. I wanted to stop that so the back fender looks good when I have the solo seat on.

·
Premium Member
2016 Indian Roadmaster 120 Stroker
872 Posts
Did my first rear tire removal/re-install after Getting a new tire mounted & balanced. Needed help from a friend who’s done it a few times. Got the belt perfectly aligned and tension perfect. Probably saved over $250 by doing it myself over the stealership.
Automotive lighting Automotive tire Tire Vehicle Motor vehicle

·
Registered
2021 Indian Roadmaster Icon
558 Posts
Installed a stock Chieftain windshield on my ‘21 Roadmaster last night. The stock RM windshield was too tall, this one may be short for the highway but I’ll know by the end of the day today. Leaving after work today to go to North Carolina for a week. So far I like it, I’m only 5’8” so I think it will work out.

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
Got some fishtails and have them inserted. The tips I took off, it was a battle. One rusty screw came out with no problem on each side. The second screw on each side, I had to dremel the head off since it stripped and didn't budge. Tried to cut a slot in the head, just nothing. But the fish tips look good sitting there. Going to stop by the Home Depot otw home tomorrow and hopefully find something stainless with a bolt head on it. And maybe some high temp grease to help protect the threads from seizing after another 18000 miles? I guess with all the heat it probably won't matter. Just as long as they stay in there. Hope to have some good pics tomorrow with everything installed solid.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Got some fishtails and have them inserted. The tips I took off, it was a battle. One rusty screw came out with no problem on each side. The second screw on each side, I had to dremel the head off since it stripped and didn't budge. Tried to cut a slot in the head, just nothing. But the fish tips look good sitting there. Going to stop by the Home Depot otw home tomorrow and hopefully find something stainless with a bolt head on it. And maybe some high temp grease to help protect the threads from seizing after another 18000 miles? I guess with all the heat it probably won't matter. Just as long as they stay in there. Hope to have some good pics tomorrow with everything installed solid.
Pic?

·
Rider
625 Posts
You might use some anti-sieze on the threads

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
Got back out to the garage and got the new fish tips installed. I had seen pictures from many others who have these installed and they always look good in the pic. Just something about seeing them in person, makes them look really great! Out with the old, in with the new! There's also a link to a short YT vid, just the phone cam sitting next to it when it starts. I can't tell any difference with it sitting there, maybe I might notice something more out on the road sound-wise. And BTW, if you open the same vid twice in opposite tabs and you start them at the same time, makes it sound like a dragster at the quarter getting ready to go haha. But maybe the sound is too great for my phone and does it no justice. I played them both side by side, fast forwarding the other tab to the fish tips, and my ears don't hear anything different.
Wheel Tire Land vehicle Fuel tank Vehicle

Tire Wheel Vehicle Fuel tank Motor vehicle

Tire Automotive lighting Automotive tire Road surface Asphalt

Asphalt Road surface Tar Book Wood

2301 - 2320 of 2338 Posts