Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
2121 - 2127 of 2127 Posts

·
Registered
2,113 Posts
I tested for contact, lock to lock, and there was no contact. It’s close, 3/16” or so, but they clear. The mounting holes on the deflectors are slotted for a little adjustment, but I have them set so they are parallel to the forks. If there had been contact with the lowers, there was some wiggle room there. The first photo shows the slotted mount holes (one bolt only for illustration purposes) and the second is the left deflector at full left lock. Installation was easy through the hole with the rubber plug, using the bolts and washers JES provided. I added Loctite because I am what I am.
View attachment 658964
View attachment 658963
Are my JES wind deflectors different than yours? Mine was for the Chieftain.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
433 Posts
They have one set for bikes without lower fairings and one with. But I also think they now have one for the latest version of bikes that are smaller and have plexiglass on the front instead of all metal.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Though I did not find it in the manual, it appears that the ‘20-‘22 models with the factory LED headlight use a MX150 style connector instead of the H4. I searched a number of auto parts stores and could not find it, so wound up ordering the plug-n-play adapter for $14.95. I added a heat shrink sheath over the wires before installing, but otherwise it was plug and go.
The Indian website now lists the Pathfinder Adaptive LED headlight as having the ‘adaptive’ part work with high and low beam. I spent just a little less on the JW Speaker, but probably would have gone with the Indian if the description had said this when I was making up my mind. I’m still happy with the JW Speaker, but the Indian is going to be a little less trouble installing, I think. I have no idea of its performance on the road.

2121 - 2127 of 2127 Posts