Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
2081 - 2100 of 2127 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Finally got around to take some photos of my passengers heated gear socket and switch and the rider heated gear power socket with switch. For the rider position, I didn’t want to drill any holes so I used the tank pouch which I specifically bought for this project. The rear power comes from the unused Delphi plug under the seat while the front power comes from the unused Delphi plug in the fairing, ( this wasn’t the home link transmitter power supply as I already have that installed.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,038 Posts
I sat there staring at the empty battery box. :mad:

Battery died a month ago. I replaced it with a new NAPA battery Sept 3. About 3 weeks later it kept dying. Took it to NAPA for testing. It tested bad. So..... no refund but they will replace it. As soon as they can get one. Maybe late next week.

Guess I can go fix the fence.

·
Registered
775 Posts
Couple more pics with the Blackout Ind. all installed. I need to get some new mounting brackets for my Skene lights. One is broken. And get a few spacers it looks like and some better washers to angle down the lights around the license plate. Looks good. Need to add some more adhesive on the little LED strip that came with it at the top of the unit. But it cleaned it up nice back there. Short vid attached to see all the lights going and blinking. Here's a link to their website, too. https://blackoutind.com/collections/indian I emailed to find the correct one to fit a 2019 RM. They said they can also get different color tube for the LEDs, and also get some that have yellow turn signals. I thought the smoked tube would kind of block a little light, but they blinked nice and bright, with the run light on. The adhesive isn't sticking very well, I'll add some more to fit it in the nook that it's supposed to go in.

Motor vehicle Hood Automotive lighting Vehicle Automotive exterior

Tire Automotive tire Automotive lighting Vehicle Motor vehicle

·
Registered
211 Posts
Finally got around to take some photos of my passengers heated gear socket and switch and the rider heated gear power socket with switch. For the rider position, I didn’t want to drill any holes so I used the tank pouch which I specifically bought for this project. The rear power comes from the unused Delphi plug under the seat while the front power comes from the unused Delphi plug in the fairing, ( this wasn’t the home link transmitter power supply as I already have that installed.
Nice job!!

·
Registered
433 Posts
Very nice and clean install. If I lived much farther north I would definitely invest in heated gear and try to mimic your install.

·
Registered
433 Posts
Thursday had my 500 mile service, stage 2 cams and voodoo air cleaner installed. I installed the Rinehart slip on a couple weeks ago. Finally sounds like a real bike lol.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
Curious about the stage 2 on the 116. Notice a big difference? Do you think it was worth it?

·
Premium Member
335 Posts
I wanted to get brake light flashers for my Bushtec trailer. Not sure if they would work or not so I wrote Custom Dynamics, figuring I can't be the first to think of this. Jacob called me and asked a few questions about the electrical connections on the trailer and we were 99% sure, their Magic Strobe flasher would work just fine. Glad to see that works as hoped.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Curious about the stage 2 on the 116. Notice a big difference? Do you think it was worth it?
There is definitely a difference. We also have a 2019 CDH that we did the big bore kit to. Although the new 2021 RMDH comes with the 116 it is no where near what the BBK does. The stage 2 cams brings it closer to the BBK but still not as good. However it really does wake the bike up IMHO. For me after having a the BBK, doing the new cams was a no brainer.

·
Registered
775 Posts
Finally got the lights put on the new Blackout set up in the back. Cleaned it up a little bit better. Used some of the softer plumbers tape and double stickied it behind the license plate and cover that screws to the face of the cutout. So it should hold in there pretty solid. Just how I mounted the lights to the inside lid and back of the saddle bags. Holding up really quite well. Easy to adjust for the beam angle of the red tail lights. I'm liking the cleaner look for sure! Got a trip coming up in December up and down I95. Hopefully the weather will permit, looking forward!
Tire Vehicle Automotive lighting Motorcycle Automotive tire

Automotive tail & brake light Vehicle Tire Automotive lighting Hood

Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Hood Automotive tire

Tire Wheel Automotive tail & brake light Vehicle Automotive lighting

·
Registered
775 Posts
Those really look good! Kinda wish I had them, too. But I got my Skene lights that I've had for a lot of years already. But very nice!

·
Registered
41 Posts
Can't show the back due to having to take it down. I have seen someone else do something similar here before and that's where I got the idea. I used 3/4" black pipe. I used a luggage rack from our chieftain to line up the pipes. I could've measured, but I had this so I used it. You hook up the trunk just like you would on the spools. Hook top end in then lock the bottom ones.

Made a trunk hanger for the garage for when I want to ride without the extra weight. Really like the way it turned out.

I only use the trunk when my wife comes for a ride and I have removed the lowers for our summer (here in Oz).
I don't have a lot of room in my garage and used to store the trunk on a table that was always in the way so made a rack the same as yours and stored the trunk on the wall.
This trunk is heavy and awkward to carry from the bike to the wall, (Yeah, I'm old, weak and a sook), so I thought I would make a trolley to help with the problem.
I bought a tool cupboard on lockable coasters and added a simple frame to the top to hold the trunk on an angle. I now roll the trolley up to the bike, remove the trunk and lift it on to the frame and then push the trolley out of the way against the back wall. I can also store the lowers in the cupboard wrapped in old towels for the summer.

Just need to paint it now and all done. Happy Happy

The photos are bit misleading, the trolley is only 870mm high (34 inches)

Regards Hank.

Attachments

·
Registered
154 Posts
I only use the trunk when my wife comes for a ride and I have removed the lowers for our summer (here in Oz).
I don't have a lot of room in my garage and used to store the trunk on a table that was always in the way so made a rack the same as yours and stored the trunk on the wall.
This trunk is heavy and awkward to carry from the bike to the wall, (Yeah, I'm old, weak and a sook), so I thought I would make a trolley to help with the problem.
I bought a tool cupboard on lockable coasters and added a simple frame to the top to hold the trunk on an angle. I now roll the trolley up to the bike, remove the trunk and lift it on to the frame and then push the trolley out of the way against the back wall. I can also store the lowers in the cupboard wrapped in old towels for the summer.

Just need to paint it now and all done. Happy Happy

The photos are bit misleading, the trolley is only 870mm high (34 inches)

Regards Hank.
We all have our ways. Glad you found a way that works for you. Stay safe!

2081 - 2100 of 2127 Posts