Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
2001 - 2020 of 2029 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Just added the KST Apache Bars!!! So far enjoying them. Almost wished I should have got 8” but will see how this 4 Corner challenge feels after.
SG
Wheel Tire Fuel tank Vehicle Motor vehicle

·
Rider
462 Posts
Installed black brake and shifter pedal arms, and custom air cleaner. Next project: oil change and custom shift pegs.

I keep telling myself I'm done with mods. I really have to stop telling myself lies
Question, where did you get the blue line horn cover?

·
Registered
741 Posts
I added a 15" Buffalo Horn to my Roadmaster, and yes I did modify the lower fairing so more of the blast would go forward where it's needed and not be bounced back to me.

Last week I added Dennis Kirk running lights up front and Hyper Lights to the rear. I see I need to tidy up the wiring a bit more.

View attachment 645655 View attachment 645656 View attachment 645657 View attachment 645658
Nice lights additions! I'll have to look in to the Dennis Kirk setup you have there and see how it compares to the Skene lights I have been using for such a long time now. They look good there. Do you have any pics with the lights on and their functions? So sad I can't be with mine right now for another month and more. How did you wire the front and rear lights to the bike?

·
Registered
336 Posts
I got a screaming deal on a Kuryakyn XKursion XS Guardian Rack Bag. i didnt like the way the straps attempted to hold it to the trunk rack, so i made a quick release system for it to custom fit the Roadmaster trunk rack from some scrap steel and some cam levers. i did have to buy the cam levers to cinch the brackets up tight after i put it on the rack. The levers lay pretty flat so everything just piles on top of them. If i need to remove the bag with stuff in it, i just reach though the stuff and pull the levers. I use it to put some of the bulky, lighter items in it that just take up too much room in the trunk.

I just got back from a 1200 mile 3 day weekend ride to try it out, and it held like a champ. Didn't even budge. And very quick and easy on and off the bike.

I did slit the inside liner to insert some spare chunks of laminate flooring to stiffen up the bottom. Then some nylon tent repair tape to repair the slit.

i painted the raw steel after i bent them into a curve to hold to the rack, and then used some 1" heat shrink tubing over them to help prevent scratching on the pretty chrome rack.

(yes i do camp in a teepee tent. that thing is awesome!)

·
Registered
203 Posts
I got a screaming deal on a Kuryakyn XKursion XS Guardian Rack Bag. i didnt like the way the straps attempted to hold it to the trunk rack, so i made a quick release system for it to custom fit the Roadmaster trunk rack from some scrap steel and some cam levers. i did have to buy the cam levers to cinch the brackets up tight after i put it on the rack. The levers lay pretty flat so everything just piles on top of them. If i need to remove the bag with stuff in it, i just reach though the stuff and pull the levers. I use it to put some of the bulky, lighter items in it that just take up too much room in the trunk.

I just got back from a 1200 mile 3 day weekend ride to try it out, and it held like a champ. Didn't even budge. And very quick and easy on and off the bike.

I did slit the inside liner to insert some spare chunks of laminate flooring to stiffen up the bottom. Then some nylon tent repair tape to repair the slit.

View attachment 645713

View attachment 645714

i painted the raw steel after i bent them into a curve to hold to the rack, and then used some 1" heat shrink tubing over them to help prevent scratching on the pretty chrome rack.

View attachment 645715

View attachment 645716
(yes i do camp in a teepee tent. that thing is awesome!)

Very nicely done for sure!

·
Registered
64 Posts
Nice lights additions! I'll have to look in to the Dennis Kirk setup you have there and see how it compares to the Skene lights I have been using for such a long time now. They look good there. Do you have any pics with the lights on and their functions? So sad I can't be with mine right now for another month and more. How did you wire the front and rear lights to the bike?
My Bad. I ordered the driving lights from Rivco. They're probably the same lights. It's raining here today so I took the pix in the garage. The instructions said to remove the front brake caliper covers to route the wiring. Unnecessary. Just tuck the wires between the fork and fender and zip tie to the brake line. I tapped the power from the War Bonnet light so they go off with the ignition. I secured the driving light switch to the left of the dashboard switches and taped the wires up. The switch mounted there is easy to reach if you need to turn them off. The installation might be able to be done through the headlight hole but I removed the front fairing so I could really see how the wiring and relay would be positioned and make sure everything was secure.
Vehicle Automotive lighting White Automotive tire Hood Automotive design Motor vehicle Steering part Car Vehicle

Zig-Zag

·
Registered
2,751 Posts
I downloaded my RM off the moving truck yesterday, and I am now attempting to download the US maps to install in place of the European maps that I had been running for the last three years. I also installed my garage door opener now that I have a garage.

·
Registered
741 Posts
My Bad. I ordered the driving lights from Rivco. They're probably the same lights. It's raining here today so I took the pix in the garage. The instructions said to remove the front brake caliper covers to route the wiring. Unnecessary. Just tuck the wires between the fork and fender and zip tie to the brake line. I tapped the power from the War Bonnet light so they go off with the ignition. I secured the driving light switch to the left of the dashboard switches and taped the wires up. The switch mounted there is easy to reach if you need to turn them off. The installation might be able to be done through the headlight hole but I removed the front fairing so I could really see how the wiring and relay would be positioned and make sure everything was secure.
Any pics from the rear?

·
Founding member / Distinguished
2019 Roadmaster matte black and gray
3,126 Posts

·
Rider
462 Posts

·
Registered
741 Posts
Nice those are looking good!! The Skene lights I have on mine really have a nice flash pattern, and modulate when they are on. So it looks like they have a slight shimmer to them when they are on. I got white and yellow in the front, and yellows on the sides and a lot of red in the back. Love them, been using them since 2012 on my old VTX I used to have and they came over to my RM when I got it. Thanks for the pics!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Oil change done and shifter pegs installed. Painted the horn cover with matte black. One more piece of chrome gone
Edit previous, I didn't see how to delete that message. Is the air cleaner custom or the cover. Love that matte look with the indian head.

2001 - 2020 of 2029 Posts