Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1981 - 2000 of 2029 Posts

·
Registered
741 Posts
Painted the front script inlaid letters red. Took a couple coats. I see in my pic a little over the edge I'll have to go get later. It's a good 20 footer! Just some Hobby Lobby "stop light red" but it looks darker and more candy to me, with a little sparkle in it. Looks good on there! I was going to do the chrome trim piece on the rear trunk lid, I couldn't get it off. I didn't want to break it I tried to pry it but it didn't want to move. I didn't try too hard tho. I took two center screws out that looked like were holding it on. I searched around the boards but couldn't find anything on it. I thought I saw somewhere someone said it was sticky taped on there? So if I can figure a way to get it off them maybe I'll do that one too. I didn't notice the trunk rack had the letters painted black. maybe I'll go over those later, too. The red looks good!

·
Registered
421 Posts
I always liked the painted script. Would love to do mine but scared I'd screw it up, besides my bike is flat blue and black so not sure what color I would use anyway. Probably red since that is Indian's color.

·
Registered
741 Posts
Black or blue would look good. Red too!

·
Registered
43 Posts
Painted the front script inlaid letters red. Took a couple coats. I see in my pic a little over the edge I'll have to go get later. It's a good 20 footer! Just some Hobby Lobby "stop light red" but it looks darker and more candy to me, with a little sparkle in it. Looks good on there! I was going to do the chrome trim piece on the rear trunk lid, I couldn't get it off. I didn't want to break it I tried to pry it but it didn't want to move. I didn't try too hard tho. I took two center screws out that looked like were holding it on. I searched around the boards but couldn't find anything on it. I thought I saw somewhere someone said it was sticky taped on there? So if I can figure a way to get it off them maybe I'll do that one too. I didn't notice the trunk rack had the letters painted black. maybe I'll go over those later, too. The red looks good!

View attachment 641897
View attachment 641898
Looks good. Must have a pretty steady hand. Looks really nice...good color too

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
741 Posts
The front looked pretty good, so I did the back trunk lid too. I never got the chrome piece off, I just propped the lid open. Turned out great. I did two sessions. I stripped the little soft tip off this little paint brush thing, and used the fine plastic tip to put little drops of paint in the large areas and then move it around to help fill it in. Propped the trunk lid up so the paint sat flat in the letter inlets while it dried. Then the next morning, the paint that got out of the letter grooves easily was cleared away with just a light fingernail touch. Little rough around the edges in the first pic, but cleaned up nice!

·
Registered
43 Posts
The front looked pretty good, so I did the back trunk lid too. I never got the chrome piece off, I just propped the lid open. Turned out great. I did two sessions. I stripped the little soft tip off this little paint brush thing, and used the fine plastic tip to put little drops of paint in the large areas and then move it around to help fill it in. Propped the trunk lid up so the paint sat flat in the letter inlets while it dried. Then the next morning, the paint that got out of the letter grooves easily was cleared away with just a light fingernail touch. Little rough around the edges in the first pic, but cleaned up nice!

View attachment 642112
View attachment 642114
You're right...cleaned up nice!

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
336 Posts
I just installed the Rivco trunk relocation brackets. Kind of mixed feelings about them. They did fit, but for such a large price tag I expected more. The stock Indian brackets are polished chrome on both sides, even the side you never see. The Rivco ones are only polished chrome on the side you do see. The stock brackets have the nuts welded in place so you don't have to have a wrench, the Rivco set is not welded, just loose nuts in a bag. And that includes the mounting holes for the passenger armrests, not welded and not even included in the bag. Now I have to contort my arm in there to hold a wrench on the nut inside. A one person 3 minute job to install or remove the arm rests is now a 2 person job. Also since it is a 30 miles trip to the hardware store, the armrests will have to stay off until next time I go to town so I can get required hardware that they do not include.
Minor gripes and not detrimental by any means, but for the premium price you have to pay for them they are certainly not a premium product.

·
Registered
421 Posts
At least it’s good to hear I’m not the only one so far from town. Ha

Hope the misses likes the extra room anyway. Let us know

·
Registered
741 Posts
10K service, at 11K actual miles. Not a big deal. Dealer mentioned they have been seeing rear cylinder oil leaks from the gaskets with the Capt. Itch crotch coolers installed. But since I have the cat deleted the heat is way down. I'm not an engineer or designer so I don't know if the cylinder deactivation would have anything to do with it too. Combination of both? No idea. But may remove it for the winter. Anyone else hear anything like that?

Also, found some hair all up wound around the rear wheel axle and speed sensor. Long, dark brown or black hair picked up somewhere. Could have popped off the sensor code the other day. Only saw it once but everything else was good. Slight clutch adjustment and said one of the exhaust bolts was loose. So I'll try to keep an eye on those periodically too during the occasional PMCS of all the signals and lights. I'm always looking on vehicles around me, in front or behind to see my lights and if they are working and blinking like they should.

So a nice ride to the dealer and back. The mechanic there that does the work is top notch super nice and friendly guy. The owner and employees are all nice there too. Wish they had more stock, I guess they are out like everyone else. Cuz I like to look!

·
Registered
96 Posts
10K service, at 11K actual miles. Not a big deal. Dealer mentioned they have been seeing rear cylinder oil leaks from the gaskets with the Capt. Itch crotch coolers installed. But since I have the cat deleted the heat is way down. I'm not an engineer or designer so I don't know if the cylinder deactivation would have anything to do with it too. Combination of both? No idea. But may remove it for the winter. Anyone else hear anything like that?

Also, found some hair all up wound around the rear wheel axle and speed sensor. Long, dark brown or black hair picked up somewhere. Could have popped off the sensor code the other day. Only saw it once but everything else was good. Slight clutch adjustment and said one of the exhaust bolts was loose. So I'll try to keep an eye on those periodically too during the occasional PMCS of all the signals and lights. I'm always looking on vehicles around me, in front or behind to see my lights and if they are working and blinking like they should.

So a nice ride to the dealer and back. The mechanic there that does the work is top notch super nice and friendly guy. The owner and employees are all nice there too. Wish they had more stock, I guess they are out like everyone else. Cuz I like to look!
I have clocked up 22,000K with the Capt Itch installed from new, never had a problem with any leaks, that includes riding the outback NSW during summer :)

Reactions: matthewd92

·
Registered
741 Posts
I have clocked up 22,000K with the Capt Itch installed from new, never had a problem with any leaks, that includes riding the outback NSW during summer :)
Nice 13000 miles that sounds good! I've probably had mine on a few thousand already and probably have a post somewhere in this thread when I put them on.

Reactions: matthewd92

·
Registered
421 Posts
Looks good @HINK, ever ensure your breaker issue was fixed?

·
Administrator
17,884 Posts
Looks good @HINK, ever ensure your breaker issue was fixed?
So far, so good. Fingers crossed. New breakers installed and no problems since. I still need a couple of days of high-temp riding back-to-back to feel comfortable. I’ve got an 800-mi lunch ride up to Sturgis coming up on the 13th, and the big test will be a 5k mi trip over Labor Day week.

1981 - 2000 of 2029 Posts