Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

21 - 40 of 44 Posts

·
Premium Member
425 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
yeah….apparently only my old Scout and Roadmaster can go up this hill that i’ve gone up a hundred times . Oh wait , the harley drivers and the Victories made it to ! Wow guess the Challenger can’t make the challenge .

Defending this is ignorant and you should respect the bs i’m going through . No defending this . My third and last Indian mainly from the pathetic service and the dumb response by Polaris .

They called back and ‘miraculously’ decided to cover the labour after I ripped him and the dealer.

….miss my 2015 roadmaster :(

·
Registered
2,682 Posts
yeah….apparently only my old Scout and Roadmaster can go up this hill that i’ve gone up a hundred times . Oh wait , the harley drivers and the Victories made it to ! Wow guess the Challenger can’t make the challenge .

Defending this is ignorant and you should respect the bs i’m going through . No defending this . My third and last Indian mainly from the pathetic service and the dumb response by Polaris .

They called back and ‘miraculously’ decided to cover the labour after I ripped him and the dealer.

:ROFLMAO::rolleyes::rolleyes::ROFLMAO: A lecture on respect from a guy who just told someone who's opinion he didn't like to "**** off". Classic.

·
Registered
2020 Indian Challenger
1,422 Posts
To clarify, a broken challenger couldn't make it but other perfectly functioning bikes could?

It's a shame you've had a bad experience but the Challenger is the best bike I've ever ridden and I love mine!

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
I think mine is a lemon, or not put together properly at the dealer. I know there were recalls but no one is going to admit it. As far as 'hurting sensitive fellings like woke poke'... we have enough 'feeling' people screwing things up. If I don't like the bs...you will hear it. It's like some riders lost there MOJO or have gone full blown wankers. Grow a set.

·
Registered
2,682 Posts
I think mine is a lemon, or not put together properly at the dealer. I know there were recalls but no one is going to admit it. As far as 'hurting sensitive fellings like woke poke'... we have enough 'feeling' people screwing things up. If I don't like the bs...you will hear it. It's like some riders lost there MOJO or have gone full blown wankers. Grow a set.
o_O:unsure::whistle:

·
Rider
565 Posts
So first post says 1100miles, a few posts down says 725miles, which is it? Either way that sucks to go through, but shit breaks man! Not a consumer product in modern times that has a zero fail rate. I have a Chevy duramax with a fuel pump that has been known to grenade the entire fuel system costing about $12k to repair. Chevy AND Ford used that exact fuel pump from 2011-2016. You got the guys who had to pony up $12k to repair their trucks and you got the guys who have 400k mi. On the original pump. Who’s to tell what the next known failure point will be or how widespread in future vehicles? Don’t be so naive to think that a product consisting of thousands of parts and requiring adjustment by humans cannot fail. A family friend had a Ferrari F430 he bought brand new for around a quarter Mil. Most finicky car he’s ever owned. Your $30k won’t shield you from issues on any product. I wish you the best in getting to a positive riding experience as soon as possible. After all that’s what we’re all after. Don’t think this is is an Indian problem, this is an every company problem these days. My $.02

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Bronze member
1,567 Posts
So first post says 1100miles, a few posts down says 725miles, which is it? Either way that sucks to go through, but shit breaks man! Not a consumer product in modern times that has a zero fail rate. I have a Chevy duramax with a fuel pump that has been known to grenade the entire fuel system costing about $12k to repair. Chevy AND Ford used that exact fuel pump from 2011-2016. You got the guys who had to pony up $12k to repair their trucks and you got the guys who have 400k mi. On the original pump. Who’s to tell what the next known failure point will be or how widespread in future vehicles? Don’t be so naive to think that a product consisting of thousands of parts and requiring adjustment by humans cannot fail. A family friend had a Ferrari F430 he bought brand new for around a quarter Mil. Most finicky car he’s ever owned. Your $30k won’t shield you from issues on any product. I wish you the best in getting to a positive riding experience as soon as possible. After all that’s what we’re all after. Don’t think this is is an Indian problem, this is an every company problem these days. My $.02

BV, ditch the GM....and buy a Cummins! Real diesel owners drive Cummins. My current 12 has 240,000 miles on it.....ZERO issues with the entire truck, never mind the engine. Put 360K on an 04 manual and sold it for $15K a few years ago. My Cummins have never been on a hook. Just need to do your homework and buy right and what's been tested. And no diesel engine has been tested more than the Cummins inline 6. Sorry to deviate from the thread.....just had to get this in. I had my share of both GM and Ford diesels.....would NEVER, ever buy another one.....EVER! I would go electric before I buy a GM or Ford diesel!!!!!!!!!!

·
Rider
565 Posts
BV, ditch the GM....and buy a Cummins! Real diesel owners drive Cummins. My current 12 has 240,000 miles on it.....ZERO issues with the entire truck, never mind the engine. Put 360K on an 04 manual and sold it for $15K a few years ago. My Cummins have never been on a hook. Just need to do your homework and buy right and what's been tested. And no diesel engine has been tested more than the Cummins inline 6. Sorry to deviate from the thread.....just had to get this in. I had my share of both GM and Ford diesels.....would NEVER, ever buy another one.....EVER! I would go electric before I buy a GM or Ford diesel!!!!!!!!!!
Everyone loves their own stuff. I could spend about 3 seconds with Google to find a ton of folks who would never buy another dodge because issues. That’s kinda my point. Every brand of every product has happy customers and some who got burned. It’s just the crappy nature of the game.

·
Rider
565 Posts
I mean seriously, 3 seconds! Common 5.9L & 6.7L Cummins Diesel Problems

·
Silver member
5,113 Posts
DuthVDub, you finally made me laugh out loud!

·
Silver member
5,113 Posts

Lightower, thanks for this post. This clarifies the "steep dirt hill" comment in the original post. Sounds like the bike was not setup right from the factory and the dealer did not check it correctly upon uncrating or perhaps didn't quite understand the play needed in the clutch.

I have not seen a Challenger in the crate being unwrapped except a picture from Lloyds in NC. I can't remember if the bars are collapsed on shipment like some of the bike, but I am inclined to think they are. If so then you are 100% on the right side of this thing. They didn't set it up right and maybe they were unsure of how to do it.

One thing about Indian. They have been building new bikes and changing the earlier bikes quite frequently so continued tech training seems like it should be needed to keep up. Even the new TS111/116 bikes have changed the down fired exhaust pipe coming out of the heads to reduce heat. So now the aftermarket pipe guys are probably like WTF. They did the same thing with hand controls a few years ago.

My point being, it makes it hard to keep up and be current with continued changes. So my thought process is the factory is so hell bent to improve things that they do it, but maybe don't have a good procedure to get the training session out to the dealer network.

Anyway, I digress. I am glad Indian took care of all your costs. I think the Challenger is a kick ass bike. I haven't rode one yet, because when I come home with another bike it is good by wifey, :) .

·
Registered
214 Posts
It is funny that so many people buying new motorcycles can't identify when a clutch is not properly adjusted. It takes a nanosecond to tell if there is any free play. It is also not rocket surgery to adjust them.

·
Bronze member
4,321 Posts
It is funny that so many people buying new motorcycles can't identify when a clutch is not properly adjusted. It takes a nanosecond to tell if there is any free play. It is also not rocket surgery to adjust them.

It boils down to the sign of the times.

It used to be kind of known, that owning a motorcycle and riding one required the user to do basic maintenance including preventative maintenance. (Adjusting and checking clutches, chains, belts, brakes, oil,etc)

And yes motorcycles haven't changed in this regard, but riders have. Many are used to the jump in the car and start it, and then go to the dealer when the check engine light comes on mentality.

Could Indian/Polaris put a hydraulic clutch on these bikes, absolutely, but that would cost them more. And we just saw Harley abandon the Hydraulic clutch for cost cutting moves.

21 - 40 of 44 Posts