·
Premium Member
2018 Indian Chief, "Adeline"
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Chief Classic • 2014-2016
Chief Dark Horse 2016-2019
Chief Vintage 2014-2019

I'm looking at a pair of V&H slip-ons, and was wondering what changed between these year/models and my 2018 Chief that would prevent fitment (besides the universe telling me i've spent enough money on the bike). Anyone here know?

·
Premium Member
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Soft bags vs hard bags.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
vs my no bags. The exhaust wouldn't be dependent on there being bags, though, right? Probably the other way around...what bags would fit the exhaust, right? That...if the exhaust I'm looking at fits those bikes listed above, then it should fit my 2018 Chief "Bagless?"

·
Rider
1,301 Posts
You want to purchase slip ons for no bag or soft bag models. The other slip ons for hard bags will fit your Chief, but will have supports on top for hard bags.

·
Premium Member
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You want to purchase slip ons for no bag or soft bag models. The other slip ons for hard bags will fit your Chief, but will have supports on top for hard bags.
I'm looking at these turn downs, referenced in the post quoted below. Hoping they'll fit my '18 Chief "bagless"

Here it is with the new black leather heated seat, fuel gage and the V/H turn downs. Just got to wait 5 more weeks for the custom leather bags. Man the pipes are loud! I actually did not think they would be so loud for the driver. Ringing ears after a ride. I have started wearing ear plugs with my full face helmet. My son has the Indian stage 1’s on his new Chieftain and these V/H’s blow them away. The base is so powerful my phone will not even capture the true sound. A few Cans fell off the shelves in my garage on the first start. If anyone wants to ruin their hearing too, they are on sale for $187 a pair at Dennis Kirk with free shipping. They do sound real deep and super base like a base drum beating. My Friends say they are perfect. I thought the sound was supposed to be behind the bike, not at the rider, even on the road. I guess the quieter VH baffles are not available anymore. The red seat and passenger backrest pad, tank bib is all up for sale. New luggage rack going on the sissy bar tomorrow. The photos were taken as we were shopping for stainless front brake disc bolts. I have one that is completely rusted while the others are still silver. Thanks again, Joe B.

View attachment 629901 View attachment 629902 View attachment 629903

·
Premium Member
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Per V&H website, #18533 will fit your Classic. So they will fit. You can verify on V&H website.
I'm glad you saw that. When I pulled down the fitment items, I only had a message that the part was discontinued, but I was having issues with their site, too. Thanks, and ordered!

Reactions: Michigander
1 - 7 of 7 Posts