Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

What brand of bike did the Challenger pull you away from?

What brand of bike did the Challenger pull you away from?

6K views 45 replies 26 participants last post by  Smoothbassman 
#1 ·
The question was posed in another topic so I thought I'd start a poll. What brand of bike did the Challenger pull you away from?

For me: Honda

#2 ·
I haven't yet demoed one but since I just downsized to a 2019 Scout last Fall I won't be making any new bike purchases this year. If things don't improve with our economy it might be longer than that. If there are any demo events this year I will ride one but that's a big IF.

#3 ·
The question was posed in another topic so I thought I'd start a poll. What brand of bike did the Challenger pull you away from?

For me: Honda
I think you should add Victory to your poll. There seems to be quite a few riders that have mentioned their Victory when comparing their new Challenger (including me).

#8 ·
It pulled away from HD, which I still have two of them in my garage.

#9 · (Edited)
For me it was Harley Davidson after riding Harley’s for 16 years.

If you have this set up as a pol the selections do not show since I am accessing the forum through the app Tapatalk.

I apologize guys I did not read this post completely. I don’t own a challenger but I do on an Indian. For some reason I was thinking the question was concerning what motorcycle did Indian pull you away from. Before they changed the forum you had the option of deleting a post that you put in but that option is gone now.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

#14 ·
I see you're in Canada also. You need to tell the dealer to rush the bike. I ordered mine last month. I was initially told April 14th, then it got changed to Mayb13th because of covid19. I expressed my frustration with the delay. They called their rep and he called the factory and asked for them to move my bike up. I now have a delivery date of April 22nd.

#16 ·
I'll be honest, suspension is one thing I don't like on my Street Glide. Everything else checks out ok on SG for me. The day after market comes with reverse for Indian (Knee issues), I'll seriously consider looking at Challenger. As of right now I just keep blowing money on after market suspension, and that sux.

Reactions: BaggerJay
#30 · (Edited)
In my recent case, the question would be: What bike model did the Challenger pull me away from?

I traded-in my modified 2016 Indian Springfield for a new Challenger Limited.
But if I was to answer the post question as is, my answer would be: 07 Suzuki M019R Boulevard

Attachments

#33 ·
I test rode a 2019 HD Road Glide and a Challenger. The Challenger was better in every way. I went in completely unbiased, with a ton of peer pressure to get the HD because....HD. I just couldn't do it. I went with a Challenger. I am coming from a Victory Judge, so there is quite a big difference between the two. I still love my Judge, and I am keeping it until it dies. But it was not the most fun on long rides. I still love ripping around town on it.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.