Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

What brand of bike did the Challenger pull you away from?

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Indian Challenger
1,423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The question was posed in another topic so I thought I'd start a poll. What brand of bike did the Challenger pull you away from?

For me: Honda

·
Founding member / Distinguished
5,412 Posts
I haven't yet demoed one but since I just downsized to a 2019 Scout last Fall I won't be making any new bike purchases this year. If things don't improve with our economy it might be longer than that. If there are any demo events this year I will ride one but that's a big IF.

·
Registered
2020 Indian Challenger
1,423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I think you should add Victory to your poll. There seems to be quite a few riders that have mentioned their Victory when comparing their new Challenger (including me).
Done, thanks!

·
Registered
2020 Indian Challenger
1,423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If things don't improve with our economy it might be longer than that. If there are any demo events this year I will ride one but that's a big IF.
I know what you mean, I just bought the bike about 2 weeks before all this craziness started.

Reactions: SystemEngineer

·
Bronze member
3,472 Posts
amazing 57.2% were already in the Polaris fold if you count Victory... sure looks like a home run to me taking 42.8% away from other brands.. then add Victory on top of it.. sure looks like the PP 108 will make it's way into other models

·
Premium Member
427 Posts
It pulled away from HD, which I still have two of them in my garage.

·
Registered
2,048 Posts
For me it was Harley Davidson after riding Harley’s for 16 years.

If you have this set up as a pol the selections do not show since I am accessing the forum through the app Tapatalk.

I apologize guys I did not read this post completely. I don’t own a challenger but I do on an Indian. For some reason I was thinking the question was concerning what motorcycle did Indian pull you away from. Before they changed the forum you had the option of deleting a post that you put in but that option is gone now.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Bronze member
1,567 Posts
Saddle, it's not just about the look of the fairing here.......test ride the Challenger and the HD....then make your decision. Just my suggestion. Looks are important, but quality, feel and performance of the bike are tops in my book of criteria. But I respect your opinion here. That's life!!!

·
Registered
83 Posts
Went from a HD Ultra Limited to a Road King. Sold the RK a month ago. Put a deposit down on a Challenger back in December, still waiting for it to come in.

·
Registered
470 Posts
Went from a HD Ultra Limited to a Road King. Sold the RK a month ago. Put a deposit down on a Challenger back in December, still waiting for it to come in.
I see you're in Canada also. You need to tell the dealer to rush the bike. I ordered mine last month. I was initially told April 14th, then it got changed to Mayb13th because of covid19. I expressed my frustration with the delay. They called their rep and he called the factory and asked for them to move my bike up. I now have a delivery date of April 22nd.

·
Registered
83 Posts
I see you're in Canada also. You need to tell the dealer to rush the bike. I ordered mine last month. I was initially told April 14th, then it got changed to Mayb13th because of covid19.
The last update I received was that it should be in at the end of April. Not sure why it's taking so long since they seem to be readily available in the US. Maybe they're going to send me a 2021 model lol.

·
Registered
2016 HD Street Glide Special
109 Posts
I'll be honest, suspension is one thing I don't like on my Street Glide. Everything else checks out ok on SG for me. The day after market comes with reverse for Indian (Knee issues), I'll seriously consider looking at Challenger. As of right now I just keep blowing money on after market suspension, and that sux.

Reactions: BaggerJay

·
Diamond member
9,096 Posts
The last update I received was that it should be in at the end of April. Not sure why it's taking so long since they seem to be readily available in the US. Maybe they're going to send me a 2021 model lol.
I work for a company that ships to your neck of the wounds frequently.
It's not as easy as it was before outbreak.
So it's definitely adding to the mix of what is taking long.
We have 2 machines that we shipped 2 weeks ago. They are still sitting in customs... just hanging out....

That never was the case before all this.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Yeah, I'm not surprised by the delay honestly. It's still a bit chilly to ride right now anyways, it was snowing yesterday again. :D

1 - 20 of 46 Posts