Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Contacted 2 dealers for an exact OTD price, got one answer 13K, I asked for an email detailing the added 2k added to the list price, Sky told me we dont do that show up and we will provide that info.........Not going to drive 2.5 hours to be fed BS! Anyone know a good dealer that does not act like comcast or a phone company that will give you a straight answer and back it up?

·
Registered
712 Posts
Best dealer I know of is Gregory Polaris in Arkansas. I did not buy my bike there but had them do a special paint job for me even though I'm in Maryland. Rob Gregory is an old school owner who treats customers straight up and is very knowledgable about all things motorcycling. I dealt with him through email and phone only and got service FAR BETTER than when I do face-to-face locally. Lots of folks - as you'll discover in forums and Facebook - use this dealership even though they might be one or more states away. I bought local this time but when I add to the stable or trade up, I will go to Gregory Polaris. Since you're in FL you might just want to give Rob a call directly. Tell him Maryland sent you.

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
I don't think that dealers are going to be able to legitimately quote you a price before the bikes are even built. The freight will be close to what they are already paying for their current Indians and that is charged to the dealer by Polaris directly.

Your two bargaining chips are the Doc Fee and the Setup Fee. These numbers are completely arbitrary and are set by the dealer without any oversight. This money is what they use to keep the lights on and pay the techs and staff. That is the simple truth. The MSRP leaves very little meat on the bone for dealers.

Just last year, when the Honda Grom came out, I had 3 friends get them, and one of them got hit with about $300 EXTRA in setup charges over the other two friends. To give you some perspective, the little bike had an MSRP of $3K. That equates to 10% of the MSRP!

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
Call Mark Moses at the Charlotte dealership. I purchased my Chieftain from him without a single test ride and he had it delivered to my door. Zero hassles. I just did the same thing with the Scout I ordered. And yes, He's in Charlotte, I am in Los Angeles. I still refer to him as my local dealership.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the good old school dealer leads! I have cooled off a bit, i think i want to see one and sit on it before i commit to a 13k motorcycle!

·
Registered
209 Posts
Price in Australia is set at AUD$17995.00.

·
Registered
958 Posts
Yes you do pay a lot of tariff fees in Australia that's why so many drive vintage bikes I have heard same in NZ. I will know next weekend how much a Scout will cost, looking forwad to riding one or two and maybe a Roadmaster if no one else wants to ride one.

·
Founding member
1,021 Posts
Best dealer I know of is Gregory Polaris in Arkansas. I did not buy my bike there but had them do a special paint job for me even though I'm in Maryland. Rob Gregory is an old school owner who treats customers straight up and is very knowledgable about all things motorcycling. I dealt with him through email and phone only and got service FAR BETTER than when I do face-to-face locally. Lots of folks - as you'll discover in forums and Facebook - use this dealership even though they might be one or more states away. I bought local this time but when I add to the stable or trade up, I will go to Gregory Polaris. Since you're in FL you might just want to give Rob a call directly. Tell him Maryland sent you.
i couldn't agree more on Rob Gregory, Gregory Polaris- Indian of Little Rock, mncp. I found Rob because he was my closest dealer when I bought last August, at 485 miles away! I am SO thankful I found him. A great guy who truly walks the talk. He'll deliver, with his people, anywhere in the country for a very good price and is always just a really good phone call away. Best of luck.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Call Mark Moses at the Charlotte dealership. I purchased my Chieftain from him without a single test ride and he had it delivered to my door. Zero hassles. I just did the same thing with the Scout I ordered. And yes, He's in Charlotte, I am in Los Angeles. I still refer to him as my local dealership.
Isn't there a 49 state and Cali specific model? I'm guessing the extra cost of shipping still makes the price overall lower than local dealers?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Paid MRSP + $200 Doc fee + 6% Michigan Sales tax.

Indian Motorcycles of Detroit, otherwise known as Dick Scott "Classic Motorcycles". Very happy with their service.

·
Banned
1,841 Posts
I ordered mine with pass pegs, engine guard, saddlebags, pillion pad, drivers backrest, passenger backrest, windshield, luggage rack and tank bag for roughly $14230.00, and in red. No delivery charges and no setup charge. Installation of accessories are extra. I will install them myself. Oh, and the accessories are 10% off list.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I ordered mine with pass pegs, engine guard, saddlebags, pillion pad, drivers backrest, passenger backrest, windshield, luggage rack and tank bag for roughly $14230.00, and in red. No delivery charges and no setup charge. Installation of accessories are extra. I will install them myself. Oh, and the accessories are 10% off list.
Did they give you part numbers and did the dealer mention delivery time frame? I ordered the Saddlebag and spindles and the system had them on a Supply Chain Hold. I am going to order a few more things in mid September once I have seen the bike. How did you get 10% of list? Military Discount? And I am going to do the work myself

Tommy

·
Registered
558 Posts
10% off accessories? I did mine with just the pillion pad, passenger pegs and extended reach foot controls and waiting to see if any accessory discounts would come from the free year of being part of the Indian Motorcycle Riders club. No delivery charge or setup is a big savings! Congrats!

·
Registered
181 Posts
I ordered my red Scout with the same accessories as builder, minus the tank bag and it took some real work to get 10% off on them. And they wouldn't give an inch on setup and delivery charges or even discuss any future discounts as part of the First Run or the membership in the Indian Motorcycle Riders group. Good for you, builder. It was quite a different experience than buying a new Harley in this area where every dealer gives at least 15% off on accessories for several months after purchase; most will give 20% off a one-time purchase and always 10% with a HOG or ABATE membership.

·
Banned
1,841 Posts
I've been getting 10% off of all my accessories since I first bought my Chieftain. I was also told that the best way to get the accessories I want (right away) is to order them with the bike.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Pre0ordered a red color on at exactly4!4,195 (w at exactly $11,299--also ordered tan saddlebags, saddlebag spool kit, passenger pegs, passenger pillion seat, extra tall windshield, extended controls kit, driver backrest bracket & leather backrest pad.--total of $14,195 including taxes. Put $1000 down & get in December for $13,195 minus my fatboy trade in (which dealer still has to see. Coastal Victory & Indian dealership in Murrells Inlet, SC. Owners/brothers Dave & Tim are the best i've ever dealt with !!

1 - 20 of 33 Posts