Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

What are you going to do with your Covid cash?

• Putting it towards a new motorcycle

Votes: 4 3.6%
  • Parts or Accessories for my motorcycle

Votes: 21 19.1%
  • Putting towards my guns, ammo, etc.

Votes: 6 5.5%
  • Putting it towards or buying a new toy/hobbie

Votes: 2 1.8%
  • Going on vacation (someday)

• Buying more toilet paper

• Haven't decided yet

Votes: 16 14.5%
  • Nothing, I'll believe it when I see the check

Votes: 40 36.4%
  • Crap, I got bills to pay

Votes: 30 27.3%
1 - 20 of 136 Posts

·
Bronze member
2,158 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When the Gov eventually sends out your $1200 per adult, $500 per kid checks to you, what are you going to do with the cash?
Choices, choices, choices.

·
Bronze member
2,158 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
There you go, crap I got bills to pay!

·
Bronze member
2,158 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
We need a choice that says "I don't qualify for a check, so can't afford to buy the new accessories for my Indian"!
sorry, no I'm too rich to get a stupid check, illegal alien or minors allowed to cast votes the boss said, ha

·
Rider
418 Posts
I'll be getting one. And I'll be sitting on it till it this clears up and gauge my position.
If my position stays as it is currently, and my friends stay in a good place and don't need extra help,,
I'll be tearing up the check..
As well intention-ed as that sounds once that check is written it is as well as spent to the Gov. ripping it up will just put it in limbo somewhere not collecting any interest and not doing the gov. any good. You might as well cash it and put it back in the economy using it for its intended purpose. If you tear it up 20 years from now you will be able to go to one of those "lost gov. money" sites and see you have a $1,200 check waiting for you that will takes months of filling out paperwork to be able to claim.

·
Rider
418 Posts
It really is a joke. Those who actually need it, need more than 1k, and need it now not in three weeks.

Those who don’t need it will just blow it... like me on motorcycle tires and what not lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I do understand that and its true. I am still working and have plenty of vacation time if we get shut down. And also have 14 days of paid time off since I have school age children that I could use. So for me while right now I dont have any plans I am probably going to dump it back into the economy, which is its intended purpose anyway.

·
Silver member
4,818 Posts
I retired 4 years ago on the day I turned 65 (it really was a take this job and shoe it moment LOL). Now I work part time for a little extra play money, and to add to my little cash stash. I am by no means a rich guy, not even close. Butt/so/and $1,200 will not make me or break me. It'll come in handy, mo' money always does, but I could live without it. In fact most of the peeps I know could live without the Government hand out. I'm about as red as red can be and think overall The Donald is doing a pretty decent job with all this China Virus BS. But I think he and or the people making this hand out decision should have been more selective regarding who to send the checks to.

I was listening to the Rush show yesterday whilst on the road. Guy called in and said he and the wife will each be getting the $1200 hand out. Caller said he plans to donate his 12 to the Trump re-election campaign, and his wife plans to send hers to Republican house & senate election campaigns. Maybe some Dems will do the same... who knows...

·
Registered
316 Posts
There is no way the wife and I are getting a check, the government thinks we're rich apparently. They seem to not factor in just how expensive it is to live in Denver these days, but, whatever... We are both employed, and therefore don't need the check anyway. The unfortunate thing about the amounts is that they are very disproportionate based on where one happens to live.

·
Registered
89 Posts
I have been looking at the Indian aftermarket site. I really like one of the air intakes Marcus has designed which would mean I need to upgrade my exhaust also. Which Marcus also sells.
I just haven't decided I want to fight with the wife about it yet.

·
Founding Member / Distinguished
4,377 Posts
I'll be getting one. And I'll be sitting on it till it this clears up and gauge my position.
If my position stays as it is currently, and my friends stay in a good place and don't need extra help,,
I'll be tearing up the check..
You could donate it to your favorite charity or food bank.

·
Registered
79 Posts
There is no way the wife and I are getting a check, the government thinks we're rich apparently. They seem to not factor in just how expensive it is to live in Denver these days, but, whatever... We are both employed, and therefore don't need the check anyway. The unfortunate thing about the amounts is that they are very disproportionate based on where one happens to live.
And this is what I’m wondering about myself. I hate the fact they don’t consider we live in Illinois.

·
Vendor / bronze
2,917 Posts
I have been looking at the Indian aftermarket site. I really like one of the air intakes Marcus has designed which would mean I need to upgrade my exhaust also. Which Marcus also sells.
I just haven't decided I want to fight with the wife about it yet.

Here is a secret technique to needlessly spend money on your bike (through www.IndianAftermarket.com of course). Offer to take your wife shopping for shoes (now you have to do it on line). then the next day place your order and all is well.

1 - 20 of 136 Posts