Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What are the "year" patches in a style I only see on Indian Vests (but I can't find any examples at all right now)? I see people with rows of them, all in a plain white font.

Is it what year bikes they own? Or the years they joined IMRG? Where can I get one?! (I am a member of IMRG, if that's what this patch specifically is - which I only think now because of this picture I just found)
2017-indian-year-patch.jpg

(okay, after an insanely long search, I found ONE picture to show the patch I'm referring to)

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
So... it's the years of your IMRG membership, but you don't get your first "year" patch until your second year? Am I understanding this correctly?
indian-year-patches.jpg

·
Limited Edition - Solid Red Roadmaster
3,516 Posts
and if your a lifetime member, the stitching is in gold instead of white.

HOWEVER, I was informed the lifetime members will no longer be getting annual year patches every year. There is suppose to be some alternate plan for this, but I don't know what that is.

- this started already...happened to me this year - no 2017 patch - so we shall see what 2018 brings.

IMG_2956.JPG

Reactions: Eighteen

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
What are the "year" patches in a style I only see on Indian Vests (but I can't find any examples at all right now)? I see people with rows of them, all in a plain white font.

Is it what year bikes they own? Or the years they joined IMRG? Where can I get one?! (I am a member of IMRG, if that's what this patch specifically is - which I only think now because of this picture I just found) View attachment 369896

(okay, after an insanely long search, I found ONE picture to show the patch I'm referring to)
That's your IMRG patch for every year you are a member. They also have a annual Tennessee ride with JD patch. It was in Nashville this yr. As for how to get join the IMRG you will get the yr patch among others. You should have received yours with the welcome packet since you are a member. Call Kaylee who runs the imrg she should be able to send you one if you didn't get it.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So how do I get my 2017 patch? Is it true I won't get one for my first year? (that seems odd)

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
So how do I get my 2017 patch? Is it true I won't get one for my first year? (that seems odd)
You get on for every year , it is not true you don't get the first yr. Just ot of curiosity have you received your welcome kit yet ? I ask because they are very slow on getting them out to people. If you are a member you should get one . I have all of them since 2014 when I bought my first Chieftain .

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
You get on for every year , it is not true you don't get the first yr. Just ot of curiosity have you received your welcome kit yet ? I ask because they are very slow on getting them out to people. If you are a member you should get one . I have all of them since 2014 when I bought my first Chieftain .

Yup, got the welcome kit and it had the IMRG patch, but no year patch. It also had the watch, an IMRG pin, and my ID Card.

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
Yup, got the welcome kit and it had the IMRG patch, but no year patch. It also had the watch, an IMRG pin, and my ID Card.
I believe it should have been in the Imrg packet with your IMRG card and info. It's glued to the inside. I'm in a tree stand right now and when I come in I will post a pic because mine is still glued in. Haven't had time to get sewn on "actually forgot lol".

·
Registered
4,409 Posts
I believe it should have been in the Imrg packet with your IMRG card and info. It's glued to the inside. I'm in a tree stand right now and when I come in I will post a pic because mine is still glued in. Haven't had time to get sewn on "actually forgot lol".

Hope you get a deer. Stay warm, brother.

·
Senior member / silver
3,453 Posts
I don't think anyone in our IMRG chapter ever bought any of the year patches. I can't recall seeing them on any members.

·
Registered
5,920 Posts
IMRG member... no patches and no information. We are the proverbial mushrooms as far as I'm concerned. (kept in the dark and fed BS). :)

·
Registered
4,409 Posts
Me too & thanks but you can tell not much moving if I'm on here lol. Bad season deer just not here this yr seen a few bucks but no shots .

I've learned to hunt them the Texas way. Put out a deer feeder in the summer and get them used to coming to it every morning when it goes off. Set up a nice warm stand about 50 yards from the feeder. Go out a few times at dawn before the season to check out the deer you want to shoot, then on the first day of the season go out to your nice warm stand and when he shows up, put your coffee down, shoot him, field dress him, drop him off at the processor and be home by 9:00 a.m. Go back a couple of days later to pick up your meat nicely done up and labeled in paper parcels.

It's not really hunting, it's harvesting, but that's legal in Texas.

Of course, we also have guys that hunt and kill wild hogs with big Bowie knives, so there are some true hunters around.

·
Registered
157 Posts
When I bought my Scout in 15 I received the IMRG patch, but no 2015 rocker. When I renewed in 16 I did get a 2016 rocker. This year I traded the Scout for a Chieftain which gave me another year added to my membership, but no 2017 rocker. I emailed them and they mailed one out to me.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts