Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Red Vintage on order and so far I know I want front crash bars.
I would also like the shark tip exhaust but $1600 !
What is everyone else getting?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Rear highway bars, stage 1 with shark tips, passenger back rest and luggage rack. I have a chieftain ordered.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Chieftain on order, will eventually get passenger backrest/luggage rack, rear highway bars, foot pegs for front highway bars, and plan on adding some fringe for some razzle dazzle!!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
18595 said:
Rear Highway Bars, Passengers Backrest, Luggage Rack,
Would definitely need all the above features to make the Chieftain right for me .. Probably the Stage 1 Pipes as well ..

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I would like to order some of the running board fringe for my Victory Vision. Anybody know where I could get some?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
13411 said:

Would definitely need all the above features to make the Chieftain right for me ..  Probably the Stage 1 Pipes as well ..
Do the rear highway bars protect the bags in a fall over? Why would the stage one be needed with all the power of the Thunder Stroke? Just curious because I've seen several mention it. Thanks.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
18595 said:
Do the rear highway bars protect the bags in a fall over? Why would the stage one be needed with all the power of the Thunder Stroke? Just curious because I've seen several mention it. Thanks.
I'm sure the rear bars do protect the bags. The only reason I'm adding the stage one is the sound. They're too good not to add.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
10154 said:
I'm sure the rear bars do protect the bags. The only reason I'm adding the stage one is the sound. They're too good not to add.

So is there going to be a Thunderstroke ring in your future ?

If your done with the 106 ring I can give it a good home.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
937 said:
So is there going to be a Thunderstroke ring in your future ?

If your done with the 106 ring I can give it a good home.   
I've actually been debating with myself what to do. I'm gonna be in NY in October for a new grand baby. Maybe I'll bring the Chieftain so we can ride together again.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
10154 said:
I've actually been debating with myself what to do. I'm gonna be in NY in October for a new grand baby. Maybe I'll bring the Chieftain so we can ride together again.

Great would love to see it.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I have the Chief Classic on order. I would have ordered the Vintage, but don't care for brown leather. I have ordered a windshield (mid height) for the Classic, but it's hard to tell which one I really want to get... The dealer has one of everything on order, so I may just have to see which one looks best on the bike. I also plan to get some saddlebags at some point, but will either have to wait for Indian to produce them in black or try to find something in the aftermarket arena.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I ordered a red Chieftain with rear highway bars, front and rear chrome bumpers, saddlebag trim, passenger backrest and luggage rack. May add a few other do-dads later, but not go crazy. The bike does not need a stage one kit as it sounds great and I don't want to mess with the popping. Plenty of power anyway for me. I can't wait.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Oh I also love the sharktips, but ain't too sure about the stage 1 exaust upgrade $$$$. I also plan to get some black leather frindge mud flaps.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
18680 said:
I have a Red Vintage on order and so far I know I want front crash bars. I would also like the shark tip exhaust but $1600 ! What is everyone else getting?
you really should say make and model

G

·
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
For those adding the stage one exhaust.
Will this require a reprogram or will
The computer be able to adapt?

My last bike was a Victory Vegas and I loved it!

Make: Indian
Model: Vintage
Color: Indian red

G

·
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
18515 said:
I have the Chief Classic on order. I would have ordered the Vintage, but don't care for brown leather. I have ordered a windshield (mid height) for the Classic, but it's hard to tell which one I really want to get... The dealer has one of everything on order, so I may just have to see which one looks best on the bike. I also plan to get some saddlebags at some point, but will either have to wait for Indian to produce them in black or try to find something in the aftermarket arena.
Here is some information for you. 2879917-02 Soft Bags (Black). Indian part #.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
18515 said:

My dealer say you CAN buy black bags for the Classic already.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
18680 said:
I have a Red Vintage on order and so far I know I want front crash bars. I would also like the shark tip exhaust but $1600 ! What is everyone else getting?
Brentt- This should set your mind and wallet at ease a little. The Vintage already comes with Front Hiway/Crash bars standard. So you won't have to add them. That's $400 you can spend on somethng else. Maybe the rear hiway bars for $300.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts