Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

What a bunch of dealership morons/ Seaford, Delaware

1939 Views 25 Replies 16 Participants Last post by  SirGarwe
So I was being lazy and trying to get out of riding my Springfield to Annapolis for the first service. I called the Indian dealer in Seaford Delaware that is only 20 minutes from my house to check to see when they could do it and the cost. I never got past the cost as the service manager told me anywhere between $300 and $500. I mean really! It should be a flat fee unless there is a non-warranty issue they find. If they want $500 just say so. Don't try to pull me in and screw me over after my bike is in their hands. It's safe to say these guys won't be around long. I was quoted $290 at the other dealer. Which is bad enough, but I'll bite the bullet on the first service.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

· Registered
532 Posts
At Orlando Indian the sales manager told me my first service on my scout would be $2400, $1800 if I had gotten the extended warranty. I looked at him like, you cant be serious. I have tried twice through email to contact the Lakeland store. guess i will have to call next.

does anyone know if i do my first 500 mile myself will it void factory warranty?
Doing your own service won’t void the warranty. Save the dated receipts for materials - and document everything as you do it. Yeah, it’s tedious, but still saves you a ton of money in the process. Write everything down in the notes section of your Owners Manual.
Keep in mind above all, you’re doing what’s required to keep your bike running properly. The $$ you save is what you’re ultimately paying yourself to do the service completely and correctly.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts