Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Been doin a bit of lite research reading tonight and came across this article...Thought I would post it up for you guys interested in finding out what and how your IMU works. Read on...
Cheers 馃憤馃槑馃嚘馃嚭

Rider
^^^Now that was quite an interesting read. Thanks for nailing it up. (y)

You do realise when you get your tune Breto your IMU is going to have to work out all it's logarithms that little bit quicker don't you?

馃槀馃槑

Reactions: 14DIAN and Breto

Registered
Discussion Starter #4
^^^Now that was quite an interesting read. Thanks for nailing it up. (y)

You do realise when you get your tune Breto your IMU is going to have to work out all it's logarithms that little bit quicker don't you?

馃槀馃槑
I鈥檒l leave that up to the little man in the box mate. He鈥檚 a bit like the little man that turns off the fridge light when you shut the door. He鈥檚 there but you never see him. 馃憤馃槀馃槑馃嚘馃嚭

Rider
Ha ha! There is an old joke embedded in your post there somewhere about a frugal group of people who always take their fridge lights out just in case the light doesn't go out when they shut the door to save money!

馃槄

Reactions: R. Warshawsky

Registered
Discussion Starter #6
Ha ha! There is an old joke embedded in your post there somewhere about a frugal group of people who always take their fridge lights out just in case the light doesn't go out when they shut the door to save money!

馃槄
He鈥檚 a tricky fellow. I鈥檝e know people to open and shut the door just to try and see him. He moves quicker than you can blink. Never to be seen. 鈽橉煈嶐煒庰焽︷焽

Registered
Discussion Starter #7
Counting down the hours. Tomorrow is the day. Service then the new tune. Oooooooooo happy happy joy joy....happy happy joy joy......馃ぉ馃お

Rider
I've been where you are now. I know what's coming and how big your grin's going to be. Did you request any tweaks? Didn't know if it came as standard so asked for speed limiter removal as I did hit it on unrestricted German Autobahns and it was irksome to say the least and for the rev limit to be raised a little. Both of which were gratefully done. The first one came in handy as an indication confirmation when I thought I had inadvertently reinstalled the original map when installing map 2. Quick crack open of the throttle told me I had indeed installed the correct map.

Registered
Discussion Starter #9
I've been where you are now. I know what's coming and how big your grin's going to be. Did you request any tweaks? Didn't know if it came as standard so asked for speed limiter removal as I did hit it on unrestricted German Autobahns and it was irksome to say the least and for the rev limit to be raised a little. Both of which were gratefully done. The first one came in handy as an indication confirmation when I thought I had inadvertently reinstalled the original map when installing map 2. Quick crack open of the throttle told me I had indeed installed the correct map.
Well....just took it out in sport and back in sport, track, fun police off. Holy shit what a difference. Talk about unleash the beast. Man it hammers and it鈥檚 smooth. Was only a short run and tomorrow I will start it cold and see what鈥檚 happened there but right now, in this space my grin just about stretched my helmet. 馃憤馃槑馃嚘馃嚭 Will wait till I get a few more k鈥檚 on it to make my final call on tune one but all I can say is Craig and Lucas your legends boys 馃憤馃憤

Rider
^^^^
That'll be Breto now tearing up the streets and backroads of Australia, maniacal grin on his face eager to impart with his findings, fingers shaking from the adrenalin as he types his reviews and his audience awaits eager feedback.

If anyone may be in doubt as to the profound changes in characteristics and performance after tuning in both machine and man read his post again above. I felt the same but being nearly 60 felt I needed to emotionally tone down my review.

Well done Breto I am pleased as punch for you and know how exactly you feel.馃榿馃榿馃榿

Reactions: murr2k and Breto

Registered
Discussion Starter #11
^^^^
That'll be Breto now tearing up the streets and backroads of Australia, maniacal grin on his face eager to impart with his findings, fingers shaking from the adrenalin as he types his reviews and his audience awaits eager feedback.

If anyone may be in doubt as to the profound changes in characteristics and performance after tuning in both machine and man read his post again above. I felt the same but being nearly 60 felt I needed to emotionally tone down my review.

Well done Breto I am pleased as punch for you and know how exactly you feel.馃榿馃榿馃榿
Cheers buddy. Yep it鈥檚 an awesome feeling 馃憤馃槑馃嚘馃嚭

Registered
Discussion Starter #12
Age shall not weary them. I鈥檓 heading your way but my mind says I鈥檓 still 18. 馃憤馃槑馃嚘馃嚭

Registered
^^^^
Congrats Breto! I wish I knew how you felt! :p

Reactions: Breto

Rider
Congrats Breto! I wish I knew how you felt! :p
Did you not experience it even when you flashed yours for the first time before your woes began? Where are you in due process of getting a tune in now?

Registered
Well yes. I'm just being dramatic. I was enjoying Craig's Fuel Moto tune prior to the update, and I have to admit that I have been enjoying Craig's post update tune, now that I'm getting used to it. Just not the pure nirvana bliss it seems Breto is experiencing. I'm sure that will be coming my way sometime soon. By the way, I'm making an effort to tone down my negativity, after receiving a ton of internet backlash. Is it working? :D

Registered
Discussion Starter #17
Well yes. I'm just being dramatic. I was enjoying Craig's Fuel Moto tune prior to the update, and I have to admit that I have been enjoying Craig's post update tune, now that I'm getting used to it. Just not the pure nirvana bliss it seems Breto is experiencing. I'm sure that will be coming my way sometime soon. By the way, I'm making an effort to tone down my negativity, after receiving a ton of internet backlash. Is it working? :D
Yep I can feel dem positive vibes man. 馃憤馃馃槑馃嚘馃嚭

Rider
Hi Murr,

The initial 'nirvana bliss' may be a result of tune development over time? I've had tunes historically with other vehicles both four and two wheeled but never with such a profound difference in comparison to before and after on the FTR. We are approximately a year into the initial roll out of tunes for the FTR and Breto and I have only just had ours done. My tune was carried out after some 8 months of running on the OEM one and 3k miles so I had become well acquainted with my own limitations together with those of the 'strangled' motor of the FTR as it was. Don't get me wrong but my 'strangled' terminology is based on hindsight as I was unbelievably quite content with it at that time. Who knows? Maybe Craig will chip in as to why a certain number find the tunes unbelievably so good and if indeed they have evolved into a better end product a year on?

Mad moments of spleen venting about any product on a related forum realistically is a foolhardy thing to do and the backlash you received could hardly have been unexpected surely? I personally am glad you are still posting and have 'toned it down.' I too hope you find related Nivanal bliss once again with your FTR. This is not a cue for you to go into an uncontrollable rant or sing the virtues of an oil tanker of a machine beginning with 'T' by the way. Good luck Murr鈥.stick with it!

(y)馃槆馃槑

1 - 19 of 19 Posts