Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

Went out for a photoshoot ride with my wife

869 14
Perhaps the title was misleading and you thought it was a photoshoot OF my wife lol. Does that make it clickbait?

I ride a 2020 Challenger Limited and she rides a 2022 Scout Bobber Sixty. It's her first bike and she insisted on this one, not some cheap used bike. And she loves it so much, she probably rides more often than I do.
Anyway, a hobby of ours is motorcycle photography and here's some shots I just finished editing from a ride a couple days ago.

Camera: Sony A7iii with a G-Master 70/200mm lens

Tire Wheel Vehicle Fuel tank Plant

Tire Wheel Vehicle Plant Fuel tank

Wheel Tire Fuel tank Motor vehicle Automotive tire

Wheel Tire Land vehicle Vehicle Fuel tank
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Vendor
The Lilith Challenger - Custom 2020 Challenger Limited
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks @Byron Sexton and @psycoreefer !

Nice bikes, what is dangling from the scout mirror?
That would be an Insta360 camera, the one that gets 360 degree footage and somehow edits out the telescoping pole it attaches too. You can get crazy footage like a drone is following you.

·
Registered
2015 Scout
81 Posts
Thanks @Byron Sexton and @psycoreefer !

That would be an Insta360 camera, the one that gets 360 degree footage and somehow edits out the telescoping pole it attaches too. You can get crazy footage like a drone is following you.
Funny, I've been considering buying an insta360 x3 for an upcoming family vacation. Off topic, but do you like the 360 camera? I've been having a hard time deciding between a 360 cam or a regular action cam like a gopro.

·
Vendor
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Funny, I've been considering buying an insta360 x3 for an upcoming family vacation. Off topic, but do you like the 360 camera? I've been having a hard time deciding between a 360 cam or a regular action cam like a gopro.
I like it WAY more than my GoPro! I’ve got a recent model GoPro as well but it just can’t compare.

·
Vendor
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · · Business
Is your rad guard factory? If not where did you get it?
It's not factory: It's a design I created that was then manufactured by TLC Thunder & Lightning Customs (TLCustoms.com).
It's the "Diablo" style which has been discontinued (because they cost more and take longer to make over the other styles I designed and didn't sell as often).
Here's a link to all the radiator cover styles we have: Indian Challenger Radiator Cover

·
Registered
21 scout bobber 60 abs (the Mistress)
547 Posts
It's not factory: It's a design I created that was then manufactured by TLC Thunder & Lightning Customs (TLCustoms.com).
It's the "Diablo" style which has been discontinued (because they cost more and take longer to make over the other styles I designed and didn't sell as often).
Here's a link to all the radiator cover styles we have: Indian Challenger Radiator Cover
That is so cool, unfortunately I have a scout bobber, are their any available for them? Is it something that will come later? Think their would be some interest here for them

·
Vendor
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
That is so cool, unfortunately I have a scout bobber, are their any available for them? Is it something that will come later? Think their would be some interest here for them
There's been HUGE interest in them for Scouts, and it's something we've looked into: but we can't make them the same way we do for the Challenger/Pursuit. Because of the shape/design/install method for the radiator cover on Challengers and Pursuits, we can cut them from sheets of steel that only need tabs bent over. On the Scout, it would need two prongs on top and the side flaps where it bolts on the bottom. Until I come up with an affordable way to produce them, they're off the table. But I haven't stopped dwelling on it though.

·
Registered
547 Posts
There's been HUGE interest in them for Scouts, and it's something we've looked into: but we can't make them the same way we do for the Challenger/Pursuit. Because of the shape/design/install method for the radiator cover on Challengers and Pursuits, we can cut them from sheets of steel that only need tabs bent over. On the Scout, it would need two prongs on top and the side flaps where it bolts on the bottom. Until I come up with an affordable way to produce them, they're off the table. But I haven't stopped dwelling on it though.
Could you just mount the cutout to screen that's ready to install on a scout with welds or tabs? Might make it a little more affordable?

·
Vendor
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Could you just mount the cutout to screen that's ready to install on a scout with welds or tabs? Might make it a little more affordable?
The current rad guard on the Scout is just one big injection molded piece and it would have to be replaced completely. You couldn't put anything behind its currently louvered screen because it would both block airflow, and not be visible anyway. Creating our own injection molded rad cover is prohibitively expensive (out of our price range being such a small company) but would be the right way to go about it.
It may be possible to create a rad cover much the same way we do for the Challenger if we give it double bent side flanges for a beveled look and then welded prongs to the top to match the OEM rad cover but the time needed to fabricate them would make them more expensive that the Challenger ones we have. Then it becomes a question of whether folks would pay that price. Personally, I create the artwork for them while Rick at TLC Thunder & Lightning Customs does all the fabrication work so he gets the final say on what he has the manpower to achieve :D

·
Registered
547 Posts
The current rad guard on the Scout is just one big injection molded piece and it would have to be replaced completely. You couldn't put anything behind its currently louvered screen because it would both block airflow, and not be visible anyway. Creating our own injection molded rad cover is prohibitively expensive (out of our price range being such a small company) but would be the right way to go about it.
It may be possible to create a rad cover much the same way we do for the Challenger if we give it double bent side flanges for a beveled look and then welded prongs to the top to match the OEM rad cover but the time needed to fabricate them would make them more expensive that the Challenger ones we have. Then it becomes a question of whether folks would pay that price. Personally, I create the artwork for them while Rick at TLC Thunder & Lightning Customs does all the fabrication work so he gets the final say on what he has the manpower to achieve :D

1 - 15 of 15 Posts