Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wellington Motorcycles have announced they will close down by the end of the year. They were one of only 4 dealers here in NZ, leaving just an Auckland dealer here on the North Island and two dealers on the South Island. :(

Bought my Scout from at the end of 2018, and have no idea what I'll do now to maintain the bike. I'd not have the first clue about how to service it myself, and quite frankly would not really want to ride a bike that I serviced. ;(

So, what are everyone's opinions on a rider that knows nothing beyond general mechanical maintenance getting a hold of the service manual and maintaining the bike myself? Is it something that can be done?

Do I need to have an Indian dealer service it? Can it be serviced by anyone else without voiding the warranty?

·
Registered
Indian Scout 2018
258 Posts
The head mechanic is going from Wellington Motorcycles to TSS Motorcycles in Alicetown Lower Hutt so no problem, which is good for me 1 minute to the shop
No new dealership for Indian bikes has been officially announced as yet if any, Mike from spares is also going to TSS

1 - 2 of 2 Posts