Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Founding member / distinguished
4,961 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After baking some Tilapia in the oven, they were kind of wet and nasty, so I thought a couple minutes in the microwave would resolve the issue.

They just blew up instead...
IMG_20190424_164222147.jpg

The cats thought they were great.

·
Founding member / platinum
10,005 Posts
After baking some Tilapia in the oven, they were kind of wet and nasty, so I thought a couple minutes in the microwave would resolve the issue.

They just blew up instead...
View attachment 484438

The cats thought they were great.
I love my cats too, but I don't cook for them every night!
Have you been reading "Martha Stewart" books?

·
Registered
4,409 Posts
You've got to worry about fish that explodes when you cook it.

·
Registered
289 Posts
I quit using the oven months ago after discovering the luxury of the Air Fryer. Even used it the other night to cook a hamburger. Yeah, it was raining out and I felt lazy.
WP_20190418_19_45_28_Pro.jpg WP_20190418_19_46_58_Pro.jpg

·
Founding member / distinguished
4,961 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Or maybe he should just stay out of the kitchen?
Hey! I've never, ever, had a toaster waffle explode........ok, I almost started a fire burning them one time, but after opening a few windows and pulling the cats out from under the couch after the smoke alarms stopped screaming, everything was right back to normal in a few minutes.

·
Bronze member
3,734 Posts
Did you buy the extended warranty with the tilapia?

In my younger years we used to get a can of sweetened condensed milk, pierce the top, put it in a pan almost covered with water, and boil it for twenty minutes to end up with lovely caramel. When my son was ten I thought I'd give it a go in the microwave and make it one of those dad/son teachable moments.

We poured the condensed milk into a glass coffee mug so we could see it and started to nuke it. Nothing happened for about a minute, and suddenly the whole batch exploded out of the mug, cooking in the millisecond it was in the air, and splattered all over the inside of the microwave.

The whole thing was covered in lovely sweet brown super sticky caramel the texture of araldite. Sam laughed like crazy, I thought I'd better not try that again, and my wife handed us a wash cloth with that look mothers get that says, 'there's no dinner until that is cleaned up'. :)

1 - 20 of 24 Posts