Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Rider
439 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
What's all this telling us about the 2020's?
I'm going to say nothing except they're coming out soon and they want to move some motorcycles. Once the 2020's come out they'll have to do some pretty steep discounts to move the 2019's and they probably don't want to be stuck with them.

I don't care that much about the 116 to be honest, my DH is fast enough as is. If I decide to switch it'll be for something lighter and water cooled.

·
Rider
540 Posts
Gaebril, your not by chance the guy James on their FB page who probably closed his deal Friday eve just to find out if he’d waited until the morning he’d have gotten the 116 upgrade, are you?

·
Rider
739 Posts
Pretty sure install is included, but could be wrong.
I wouldn't bet on it, since this isn't an Indian corporate promotion they are losing out on the dealer cost of the 116, I doubt they can sustain the labor cost associated with it since it's not a short job. Maybe a stage one or at best a stage 2....but not a stage three install. Plus you still have to buy the supporting stage 3 mods (air cleaner, mufflers).

I'd think that the dealer is taking all this into consideration and would be less likely to bargain on the price of the bike knowing they will lose $2k on the deal by giving away the kit and the labor. I'd ask for the fine print before touting this as a 'great deal'.

·
Rider
439 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Indian of Monmouth is VERY reasonable on labor rates, and they don't to that full hour charge crap. If it takes a half hour, they charge a half hour. Their rates are so good Harley owners are starting to bring their bikes in for service and repairs with them instead of going to the Harley dealers. So probably still worth it.

Call up and ask for Jason or Ron who are the owners if you're really curious. They're good guys, they'll give you a straight answer.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts