Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
2018 Indian Chief, "Adeline"
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today, I scheduled a date in April with Metro Indian in MKE to install stage 3 cams, and the Arnott suspension with premium controls. PV3 and suspension are ordered...and I've got to say, I'm pretty excited.

·
Premium Member
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
I've only just received it. I pushed out my date to April 16. However, digging through the box, the shock looks to be good quality (as if I'm one to gauge). Looking at it, I expect it'll my squeaky rubber noises over bumps for a while until it breaks in. They shipped the premium controls in the same box as the rest of the kit.

I'd do the install in the garage, but since Adeline will be apart for the oil cooler and cam/springs install, I decided I'll just let MKE Metro do it. Arnott's instructions, though, are clear and easy to follow. They have a video out there, too.

I have, however, started playing with tunes, and have flashed both a Dynojet and FuelMoto tune, and back to stock in between. The Dynojet seems to play with timing a bit, but not much else. The FuelMoto adjusts the throttle by wire requests, but not much else. Either way, the bike gets a tune on the dyno after the Stg 3 cams are installed.

For context, Adeline has Indian Stg1 slipons and HFAC. Stock headers with cats.

·
Premium Member
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'll post pictures of what's in the kit after work.

·
Premium Member
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Alrighty there's the important bits. I haven't removed them from their wraps, because the box hangs out in the garage next to the snow melting off the car.

You can see the textured bladder of the shock in one of those pics. Looking at the air pump, it looks fine...if I had to guess a weak spot--not saying it is, mind you--it'd be the little compressor itself, not the motor driving it.

·
Premium Member
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
@bbddjl I'm assuming that custom in the picture is yours. Did you install vic baggers air ride in that, or are you shopping? I've wondered what's installed on this bike that operates so silently...

Reactions: big*rob

·
Premium Member
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Update on your thoughts regarding Arnott...
Okay, it's installed. I've ridden about 20 miles on some awful Wisconsin highway, and it's a noticeable improvement. I hit all the bumps, and with my preferred solo stiffer ride setting of 115 psi, the bumps that'd normally jitter the throttle didn't, and the ones that'd punch up my spine were absolutely tolerable. I'm still dialing in my preferred riding pressure, though, and may stiffen it up further once I've put some miles on Hwy "Shake Loose Your Kidney Stones" 12.

The pump is quiet, and the air release is adjustable (under the seat), with its slower, less startling setting also being quiet and equally less startling to people around you.

The shock is excellent quality, as is the pump, and installation is straight forward. Note: get the premium controls when you get the kit. Undoing the wiring for the basic controls to redo it for the premium would suck...not bad, but annoying.

Also, the Stage 3 cams i had installed are fantastic. More on those, and the Arnotts in a few days.

Reactions: wasichu34
1 - 7 of 7 Posts