Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Indian Challenger
1,085 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just left the dealership a little while ago. A Deep Water Limited will be mine soon!

I was able to get most of the accessories I wanted with it, including the Stage 1 air. I'm looking at getting one of the flip style shields and looking at Freedom or Klock.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Nice. (y)(y)
The VTX is pretty cool too. I think that if I had both of those bikes, I'd take the bags, fairing and backrest off the VTX and maybe put some mini apes on it.
A big comfy road burner and a stripped down hot rod ?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Just left the dealership a little while ago. A Deep Water Limited will be mine soon! View attachment 576918

I was able to get most of the accessories I wanted with it, including the Stage 1 air. I'm looking at getting one of the flip style shields and looking at Freedom or Klock.
You are wasting allot of $ on the intake . As soon as Llyodz comes out with a OE replacement it will be a bunch better than that elbow your about to put in. It won't flow much, looks easy to change and clean tho?

·
Registered
2020 Indian Challenger
1,085 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
You are wasting allot of $ on the intake . As soon as Llyodz comes out with a OE replacement it will be a bunch better than that elbow your about to put in. It won't flow much, looks easy to change and clean tho?
I put a lot of thought into it. I wasn't going to get it at first but I had a discussion with another member here and I changed my mind. I mainly did it to get the flash. I'm going to pair it with some Tab Bam sticks with the 2.5 baffles.

·
Registered
2020 Indian Challenger
1,085 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Nice. (y)(y)
The VTX is pretty cool too. I think that if I had both of those bikes, I'd take the bags, fairing and backrest off the VTX and maybe put some mini apes on it.
A big comfy road burner and a stripped down hot rod ?
The VTX has been a great bike but I've started doing some longer rides and the F spec isn't as comfortable for that. My father in law has a 07 HD Ultra and the ride was much more comfortable. After the test ride on the Challenger, I was 100% sold. I love my VTX but fell hard for the challenger when it was released.

·
Registered
2020 Indian Challenger
1,085 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks all! I can't wait to pick it up!

·
Registered
597 Posts
Congratulations Ecorn sweet bike. I'm thinking about the Titanium Metallic Challenger

·
Registered
2020 Indian Challenger
1,085 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
I had the same bike! Great running bikes, the Indians just handle so much better at low speeds. That VTX felt heavy!
The low speed lurch is fun to learn to deal with too. That bike hates going only 25mph.

Reactions: wassup77

·
Rider
630 Posts
The low speed lurch us fun to learn to deal with too. That bike hates going only 25mph.
Yeah, that’s one of the touchiest off the line throttles ever. I think it had to do with the shaft drive and it having no five in the drive line. I traded mine in on a Yamaha Raider 1900, then traded it on the Indian. Both of those bikes are belt drive and not nearly as touchy!

·
Registered
2020 Indian Challenger
1,085 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Yeah, that’s one of the touchiest off the line throttles ever. I think it had to do with the shaft drive and it having no five in the drive line. I traded mine in on a Yamaha Raider 1900, then traded it on the Indian. Both of those bikes are belt drive and not nearly as touchy!
No doubt. I put on the Cobra PowrPro and that helped a lot. Once you get used to tiny throttle movements at low speeds, it's not bad.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Congrats! Good to see more VTX owners here, too. My current bike is an 02 VTX 1800c. She's been awesome and is still super reliable. But I'm completely in love with the Challenger. Planning on a Dark Horse, but I keep waffling back and forth over black or white. Meanwhile, here's my girl.

·
Registered
2020 Indian Challenger
1,085 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Congrats! Good to see more VTX owners here, too. My current bike is an 02 VTX 1800c. She's been awesome and is still super reliable. But I'm completely in love with the Challenger. Planning on a Dark Horse, but I keep waffling back and forth over black or white.
I fully understand! I was looking at changing the suspension on the F but it's getting really hard to find people that still make stuff for them. I love the bike but really fell hard for the Challenger when it came out. I'm planning on keeping the VTX for a little while just to see...

Reactions: mikeheel
1 - 20 of 55 Posts