Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 113 Posts

·
Diamond member
9,096 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Did some Miles yesterday..
And damn it! It's a vibey bish again.. riding along all's well, than they crept back in to stay..
As per last experience,,,Mirrors became useless, and were radically out of adjustment by time I got home.. actual vision blurred it's so bad again...

I'm beginning to wonder if it's a slipper clutch assembly imbalance..

Pretty sick of this..
I think I'll be moving on from the FTR.
Sadly..

·
Registered
42 Posts
It's not as radical as what you describe, but I have an annoying rattling I'm the middle range of the revs. It feels as if there was a loose part trembling in a specific range. Tried to probe for any loose part at stand still, couldn't find anything. I am very close to the 8000 km maintenance, will ask the mechanic about this.

Braap!

·
Diamond member
9,096 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The hardest part is the disappointment of having to get rid of THE bike you have been literally waiting for since you started riding.
Heartbreaking.
The next, is knowing that even though it's a great time to be a rider with all the new model options we have,, that none of them do anything for me. It would be just a sell off. No trade in/up/over.. just an empty stall in the garage.....empty Heart....
Waaaaaaah!!😭😭😭

IDK what to do....

·
Registered
2019 Indian FTR 1200 S
495 Posts
Just for giggles, have you gone to another Indian dealer recently and test ride a newer FTR? Just to give your bike a baseline to. My bike just passed the 500 mile service so its a bit newer and I don't have any of these extreme issues. Stalls once out of every 40 starts, once its warmed up there is no rattling or low RPM vibrations, and I'm getting more and more used to the throttle and I don't find it twitchy or jumpy at all anymore. Biggest pain for me right now was my oil change debacle and that damned sight glass (still not over it....).

·
Diamond member
9,096 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Just for giggles, have you gone to another Indian dealer recently and test ride a newer FTR? Just to give your bike a baseline to. My bike just passed the 500 mile service so its a bit newer and I don't have any of these extreme issues. Stalls once out of every 40 starts, once its warmed up there is no rattling or low RPM vibrations, and I'm getting more and more used to the throttle and I don't find it twitchy or jumpy at all anymore. Biggest pain for me right now was my oil change debacle and that damned sight glass (still not over it....).
I would, but all my closest dealer's are still sitting on the same ones that I rode last year when trying to diagnose.

Edit.
How ever,, it just dawned on me they have 2 used ones now, 1 with 43 miles, and another with 2.4k.. maybe I'll try those until I can get on a 20'

·
Silver member
5,505 Posts
I know you've already tried everything to isolate the cause @Hatt . This sucks balls.

It's still around 4-5k rpm? Bars, seats, pegs?

·
Diamond member
9,096 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I know you've already tried everything to isolate the cause @Hatt . This sucks balls.

It's still around 4-5k rpm? Bars, seats, pegs?
It starts in the normal resonate zone of the FTR. 3ish -4.5ish.
But is worse than typical FTR normal. also unlike normal, where normal resonate vibe ends after said zone, it doesn't. it only gets worse the higher you rev. All the way up.
It's felt mostly in seat. But is also very prevalent in both bars, and pegs.
When it is happening,, every normal gear shift, my mirrors go out of adjustment..

I really really wish y'all could feel it..(on mine of course!!) I know I'd be resolved from coming of as a whiner. (I know I do) Because it's insanely bad..

·
Diamond member
9,096 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
If it’s been back to Indian several times for the same issue. I would try and work out a buy back

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Kinda.. it's been addressed, it's been noted.. regional service rep. Came Rode it for a day.
But nothing tangible was ever made of it because it disappeared with new Mapping.
So I left it alone since to me, it was fixed.

If the weather holds out I'm going go ride this eve and get it warmed up as thats when it happens. It doesn't do it until it's good and warm. Doesn't do it until a few minutes after full temp is achieved.
I will then reflash stock Map, and see if it disappears.
And then I will go from there...
either way, I'll be much more adamant if it's not resolved by my trial.

·
Diamond member
9,096 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Which map you're running now?
FM. I had a few revisions after a couple logging sessions.

For back round refresh.
I got a new FM Map to absolve the running issues.. everything was great.
Then vibe showed up after around 1.5k miles. (I think..I'm getting old)
Put it back to stock, road that for a week, never came back. Put FM tune back. Came back.
That's when I got revisions. Has been gone until now.
Hence my going back to factory to see if it it changes again.

·
Registered
219 Posts
I've had the same kind of vibration, and the same kind of variability that you're experiencing. It comes and goes. I think that's why it's been hard to isolate the benefits of the different tunes that Craig has been sending me. I am convinced the aftermarket tune is a huge improvement over stock, but there is something else going on that is not tune related. It may not even be RPM related. Could be a speed related vibration? Don't know.

Reactions: Hatt
1 - 20 of 113 Posts