Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got home from work tonight & on the deck with 5" of new powder was a lonely box. I thought the part for the vacuum cleaner had finally come. Wow, what a surprise when I got it in the light & seen it was from Indian Motorcycles. Some might not think it's very cool, but I sure do! Never got anything like that from them other guys. Good Stuff......Period!

·
Registered
504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yea, I was impressed too...... Just wish my next surprise was my back ordered parts......!
Ah dang it Chief, see what you did, I forgot all about the dang backrest being ordered since Nov. 1st & supposed to be here the 21st of Dec. no word as yet. :(

·
Founding member / Distinguished
3,797 Posts
Got home from work tonight & on the deck with 5" of new powder was a lonely box. I thought the part for the vacuum cleaner had finally come. Wow, what a surprise when I got it in the light & seen it was from Indian Motorcycles. Some might not think it's very cool, but I sure do! Never got anything like that from them other guys. Good Stuff......Period!
When did you pick up your RM? Wondering how long the wait is for the welcome kit. Dean E

·
Registered
2,543 Posts
It was a nice surprise to get.

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
I think indian is doing this piece real well. I got my welcome kit in red... Then a Christmas card then yesterday a survey that takes some time to fill out but I gave them all the good stuff and a few things I didn't. The dealer or someone should really checking the bike before I got it. But, now they are sending a hat or some indian wear plus the dealer gave me two new indian shirts. After a few new Harley's I didn't hear anything but got a lot of catalogs

·
Registered
218 Posts
As a skier, anytime I see 5" of new powder I get pretty excited. But then I looked down at your avatar to see you are in Iowa. I was born in Des Moines and lived there until I was 10, so I know you're a ways off from the closest slopes. But, cool that you got your goodies from Indian. I just bought a 2014 Chieftan. Not sure if "left-over" 2014 Indians qualify for the goodie package.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Be sure to join the Indian Riders Group also!! They also send out a nice Welcome kit with a patch and other stuff. You will need your VIN number to join this group. Check it out.

·
Registered
809 Posts
Be sure to join the Indian Riders Group also!! They also send out a nice Welcome kit with a patch and other stuff. You will need your VIN number to join this group. Check it out.
Which is supposed to be automatic when you buy the bike, so he (and all of us) should be all set with that, too! :)

·
Registered
809 Posts
I had to go online and register myself. I tried before My Roadmaster was even here and couldn't because I needed the VIN number.
The dealer is supposed to do it for you when you buy the bike. (Exactly like HOG when you buy a Harley.) At least, according to the IRG website that's how it's supposed to work. Free for the first year, registered for you by your dealer. Then if you want to continue you gotta pay for the next year and beyond.

Hopefully my dealer took care of it, but I'm sure they did since they sold Harleys for 25+ years before moving to Polaris and Triumph. ;) (The dealer owner is actually on Indian/Polaris' page for "Become a Dealer.")

·
Founding member / Distinguished
3,797 Posts
I think indian is doing this piece real well. I got my welcome kit in red... Then a Christmas card then yesterday a survey that takes some time to fill out but I gave them all the good stuff and a few things I didn't. The dealer or someone should really checking the bike before I got it. But, now they are sending a hat or some indian wear plus the dealer gave me two new indian shirts. After a few new Harley's I didn't hear anything but got a lot of catalogs
I agree the dealer or someone should have looked over the bike before the bike was turned over to me. I found alot of scratches and the bike was not even detailed. They told me the heal shifter was still on back order and I found it on their shelves in their accessories area. I waited for them to put it on and after they were done they did not wipe anything down. All the lower chrome and paint had finger marks all over the place.

After I got the bike home and detailed everything I noticed some damage to the exhaust chrome. They had put on the stage 1 exhaust and the chrome just in front of the slip ons got dimpled. Probably from some internal clamp as they wiggled the slip ons back and forth. I have not talked to the dealer yet about it because they are going to work the paint issues and other things once the back rest finally shows. Not sure what kind of battle I will have with the dealer on this months after I took ownership of the bike. Dean E

·
Registered
25 Posts
I ordered mine in late September and the dealer delivered it to my house just before Thanksgiving. It snowed the week before delivery. I got my welcome kit on Jan. 6. My dealer also signed me up for the Indian Riders group. The kit is really kind of cool. I took the clock to work, a coworker that rides Honda GW thought is was cool also and said "never got anything like that from Honda"

·
Registered
504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Man, I hope everybody gets one of these. It's just a "feel good" type of gesture on Indians part. I agree on the detail stuff, mine was in the same boat, loose belt, light scratch's.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts